GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter traded to Columbus

+15
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
SensHulk
NEELY
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
spader
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Richards goes tonight IMO. Tomorrow night latest. Ottawa should be in the mix.

32Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Richards goes tonight IMO. Tomorrow night latest. Ottawa should be in the mix.

Read above. LA.

33Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:39 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I know people are gonna scream overpayment here, but I actually really like this from a Columbus standpoint. I don't like the options that are gonna be there at #8 for a Columbus team that has proven they have a hard time developing talent.

This team is struggling on and off the ice (absolutely hemorrhaging money) and if an infusion of star power (at a heck of a nice price) helps the team right now than it really doesn't matter how Voracek and the #8 pick turn out.

The only thing I don't like is that Carter and Nash don't seem to compliment each other very well, but hopefully the team finds a way around that.

34Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:39 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Richards goes tonight IMO. Tomorrow night latest. Ottawa should be in the mix.

If Voracek + 8th overall + 3rd rounder = the price for Carter, I don't even want to think about paying the price for Richards. We're talking our 6th and 2nd rounder, plus plus. I don't think that move makes sense for our team at this point. If you could sign him, sure, but moving all those assets for him doesn't.

35Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess they're making room for Bryzgalov?

36Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:I know people are gonna scream overpayment here, but I actually really like this from a Columbus standpoint. I don't like the options that are gonna be there at #8 for a Columbus team that has proven they have a hard time developing talent.

This team is struggling on and off the ice (absolutely hemorrhaging money) and if an infusion of star power (at a heck of a nice price) helps the team right now than it really doesn't matter how Voracek and the #8 pick turn out.

The only thing I don't like is that Carter and Nash don't seem to compliment each other very well, but hopefully the team finds a way around that.

I get why CLB does it, but Voracek is the deal-breaker for me. The 1st rounder was a foregone conclusion and the 3rd rounder, meh, whatever. But Voracek is about the one guy on CLB I wouldn't want to have to trade. I hope they at least tried to sub in Filatov.

37Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Has it been confirmed that it's this year's 1st rounder? God I hope not. Columbus could really use it. They'll also have a pretty sick top 9 soon. Put Carter on the wing, and you have Huselius, Nash, Carter, Filatov, Calvert and Umberger as wings, and Vermette, Brassard, and Johanssen on centres.

If you add in this year's 1st rounder they could use a top 2 Dman, to compliment John Moore.

38Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:43 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Philly actually might have just gotten better, younger, and they added a top 10 pick. Amazing what proper player development gets you in the long run.

39Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I posted it in the General thread, but it's related to this one. Sources are saying that Versteeg has been moved to FLA. No word yet on the return.

40Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:I posted it in the General thread, but it's related to this one. Sources are saying that Versteeg has been moved to FLA. No word yet on the return.

Thank you Paul Holmgren for all the entertainment today! :KKK:

41Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

McKenzie just tweeted Versteeg to FLA is false.

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

42Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:McKenzie just tweeted Versteeg to FLA is false.

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

Thanks for the clarification. TSN > ESPN

43Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
If Voracek + 8th overall + 3rd rounder = the price for Carter, I don't even want to think about paying the price for Richards. We're talking our 6th and 2nd rounder, plus plus. I don't think that move makes sense for our team at this point. If you could sign him, sure, but moving all those assets for him doesn't.

Yeah we're not in a position to make a big trade like that. We'd really mess ourselves up in the long run.

44Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Eklund: Richards in PLAY! E5

Laugh1

45Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Gord Miller:

Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

46Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:00 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

GMillerTSNGord Miller
Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

47Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:01 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:From Gord Miller:

Eek. Between that deal and the Carter deal, PHI would be amazing for a long time to come. Voracek, Hamilton/Murphy, Schenn+++. I wonder how they will look minus their top two centres, tho', in the shorter term.

48Carter traded to Columbus - Page 3 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:From Gord Miller:

Eek. Between that deal and the Carter deal, PHI would be amazing for a long time to come. Voracek, Hamilton/Murphy, Schenn+++. I wonder how they will look minus their top two centres, tho', in the shorter term.

I think they're going backwards, personally.

They certainly aren't tradnig them because of their on-ice play, that's for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum