GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter hit, what do you think?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Headhunting or not, it's a dangerous hit. Carter didn't have to hit him that high.

Suspension please Campbell.

3Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Not a dirty hit. Shoulder to shoulder, but quite unfortunate the result of the hit.

4Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:58 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Headhunting or not, it's a dangerous hit. Carter didn't have to hit him that high.

Suspension please Campbell.

Based on what? He hit him shoulder to shoulder. The follow through makes it look like he was headhunting, but the hit itself was legit. Outcome sucks. But then again, life's tough. Dung happens.

5Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Looked good to me, a bit late but the Neil on Drury hit was way worse then that. His head hit the ice and knocked him out, I thought it was shoulder to shoulder too. Def not a suspension.

6Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Clean or not, NHL's gotta find a way to get rid of this. I don't know how, but they just have to. The guy flew in the air, I'm surprised it wasn't worse

7Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 pm

There is contact to the head. He may have aimed for the shoulder, caught most of the shoulder, but he also caught a piece of the head, of a player who was vulnerable. That shouldn't be allowed.

I'm looking around the 4:15 mark of the video. Looks to me like he catches the head.

8Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Michallica wrote:Clean or not, NHL's gotta find a way to get rid of this. I don't know how, but they just have to. The guy flew in the air, I'm surprised it wasn't worse

Less equipment, wooden sticks, shrink the players. Only way it will happen. Or making hitting illegal.

9Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 pm

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:Clean or not, NHL's gotta find a way to get rid of this. I don't know how, but they just have to. The guy flew in the air, I'm surprised it wasn't worse

Less equipment, wooden sticks, shrink the players. Only way it will happen. Or making hitting illegal.

You don't need less equipment. They can start by using something less hard than the rock hard pads players use now. Go back to the old style.

10Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Gotta get rid of the one piece sticks too, players shoot it waaaaay too hard to go back to the stuff they had back in the day. It's like wearing a bullet proof vest and the guy pointing a rocket launcher at you. The elbow pads I agree with but the elbows shouldnt be up there anyways. Hard plastic on the shoulders should be looked at though, prob solve a few problems there.

11Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:There is contact to the head. He may have aimed for the shoulder, caught most of the shoulder, but he also caught a piece of the head, of a player who was vulnerable. That shouldn't be allowed.

I'm looking around the 4:15 mark of the video. Looks to me like he catches the head.

Yeah I'm in agreement here. I feel like he got the head more than the shoulder. I'm sure he's aiming for the shoulder, but looks like he got a piece of the head. Vulnerable position too....Dung.

12Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 pm

N4L wrote:Gotta get rid of the one piece sticks too, players shoot it waaaaay too hard to go back to the stuff they had back in the day. It's like wearing a bullet proof vest and the guy pointing a rocket launcher at you. The elbow pads I agree with but the elbows shouldnt be up there anyways. Hard plastic on the shoulders should be looked at though, prob solve a few problems there.

Yeah, it seems like the number of injuries due to blocked shots has skyrocketed. I don't play hockey, but I can't imagine getting in the way of one of those bombs. These guys balls must clank when they walk...

13Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:19 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Personally I think it was a clean hit, Carter just came in so hard and fast and just caught Sammy akwardly.

Sad to see a guy go down, but it was a clean hit.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

14Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Most if not everyone can shoot the puck 90MPH now, a lot, especially D men get it up and over 95. Those sticks should not be aloud in all honesty. That would be step one, it should be wood and wood only but I dont see that happening.

15Carter hit, what do you think? Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

N4L wrote:Most if not everyone can shoot the puck 90MPH now, a lot, especially D men get it up and over 95. Those sticks should not be aloud in all honesty. That would be step one, it should be wood and wood only but I dont see that happening.

Yep, it's like Golf and Tennis. It's all about the power game. Bigger and better. The difference is...noone has had a tibia fractured by getting in the way of a tennis or golf ball.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum