GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter hit, what do you think?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Carter hit, what do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:19 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

Personally I think it was a clean hit, Carter just came in so hard and fast and just caught Sammy akwardly.

Sad to see a guy go down, but it was a clean hit.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

17Carter hit, what do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Most if not everyone can shoot the puck 90MPH now, a lot, especially D men get it up and over 95. Those sticks should not be aloud in all honesty. That would be step one, it should be wood and wood only but I dont see that happening.

18Carter hit, what do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

N4L wrote:Most if not everyone can shoot the puck 90MPH now, a lot, especially D men get it up and over 95. Those sticks should not be aloud in all honesty. That would be step one, it should be wood and wood only but I dont see that happening.

Yep, it's like Golf and Tennis. It's all about the power game. Bigger and better. The difference is...noone has had a tibia fractured by getting in the way of a tennis or golf ball.

19Carter hit, what do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Well, I would say another difference is people dont jump in front of them on purpose either... nor are those 2 balls harder then a frozen puck.

20Carter hit, what do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter hit, what do you think? Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Michallica wrote:Clean or not, NHL's gotta find a way to get rid of this. I don't know how, but they just have to. The guy flew in the air, I'm surprised it wasn't worse

Less equipment, wooden sticks, shrink the players. Only way it will happen. Or making hitting illegal.

How about try something realistic. Laugh1

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum