GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter traded to Columbus

+15
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
SensHulk
NEELY
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
spader
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:30 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Richards is next, I'm sure of it. Too much smoke without a fire.

17Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Bob McKenzie
Hearing CBJ gives Voracek, 1st round pick and 3rd round pick for Carter.

Man, that is steep -- Voracek may well be as good as Carter in 2-3 years.

If he puts things together this summer, he could be as good even sooner. He was barely missing chances last season, he's real, real close to being a legit top 6 winger with untapped potential.

18Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Bob McKenzie

I would say sooner...

Damn...this is nuts.

19Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

This is what happens when GMs are desperate

20Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tim Murray is on team1200 right now and he didn't sound very happy at all when Dean Brown started talking about Columbus getting Carter.

Sarcasm

21Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Bob McKenzie

Yah, not sure I like this from a Col POV but they now have a center for Nash to play with.

22Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Bob McKenzie

If he puts things together this summer, he could be as good even sooner. He was barely missing chances last season, he's real, real close to being a legit top 6 winger with untapped potential.

+ Voracek is not injury-prone

23Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:This is what happens when GMs are desperate

Very true.

Damn, I wish GMs would save all this action for tomorrow night... how's a guy to concentrate and write with this kind of action going on?

24Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He's damned consistent in his young NHL career so far too...wow

25Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim just let a huge sigh out when they asked him..."I don't wanna talk about that in public :crossarms:"

26Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Bob McKenzie

Yah, not sure I like this from a Col POV but they now have a center for Nash to play with.

I don't like it for them at all..but whatevs! Laugh1

27Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:Tim Murray is on team1200 right now and he didn't sound very happy at all when Dean Brown started talking about Columbus getting Carter.

Sarcasm

Yeah I noticed that too....it's a freakin' sweet deal for Philly. Dear lord....11-year contract worth all that.

28Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

playmaker 26 posted that his source says Richards might be trade to LA tonight.

29Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

22_4_ever wrote:Tim Murray is on team1200 right now and he didn't sound very happy at all when Dean Brown started talking about Columbus getting Carter.

Sarcasm

Probably cause they tried to fleece us and then they got fleeced. Laugh1 Laughing3

30Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Voracek will absolutely flourish in PHI, too... Protected and isolated behind guys like Richards, Briere, Hartnell, Giroux, etc., in all probability getting 'third' line minutes with guys like JVR, always playing 2nd and 3rd D pairings... Good spot for him.

31Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Richards goes tonight IMO. Tomorrow night latest. Ottawa should be in the mix.

32Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Richards goes tonight IMO. Tomorrow night latest. Ottawa should be in the mix.

Read above. LA.

33Carter traded to Columbus - Page 2 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:39 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I know people are gonna scream overpayment here, but I actually really like this from a Columbus standpoint. I don't like the options that are gonna be there at #8 for a Columbus team that has proven they have a hard time developing talent.

This team is struggling on and off the ice (absolutely hemorrhaging money) and if an infusion of star power (at a heck of a nice price) helps the team right now than it really doesn't matter how Voracek and the #8 pick turn out.

The only thing I don't like is that Carter and Nash don't seem to compliment each other very well, but hopefully the team finds a way around that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum