GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE

+16
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
SensHulk
sandysensfan
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
Riprock
Tuk Tuk
Ev
spader
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

46REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Atlanta is in the process of preparing for city staff layoffs... and a $25M handout would not look very good... even a last ditched effort by local sports celebs could not help... I think even Lil Wayne got in on the act...

Lil Wayne? Is that anything like Li'l Sebastian on Parks and Rec?

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Lil-sebastian

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Ron-swanson

47REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:18 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Atlanta is in the process of preparing for city staff layoffs... and a $25M handout would not look very good... even a last ditched effort by local sports celebs could not help... I think even Lil Wayne got in on the act...

Not quite... this one...

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Lil-Wayne-bm09

Mary J. Blige has a new single out with him and Diddy on it... not too shabby...

48REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 10:34 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Not quite... this one...

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Lil-Wayne-bm09

Mary J. Blige has a new single out with him and Diddy on it... not too shabby...

I was just plugging the best comedy on TV right now. If you don't watch it, try it on for size. Ron Swanson might quickly become your favorite character on TV.

Here's an exchange with his ex-wife:
Tammy: Guess I'll be heading home.

Ron: Catching the number twelve bus to Satan's butthole?

Tammy: Actually I prefer the number 69 train to Humpsville Station.

And another quote from when he was about to be interviewed by a 9-year-old for a school project:
Ron: It's never too early to learn that the government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples. I'm gonna need a different metaphor to give this nine year old.

And when he's challenged for a best-tasting burger by Rob Lowe (who made a low-fat turkey burger with fancy trimmings):
Ron: Here's mine. It's a hamburger made out of meat on a bun with nothing. Add ketchup if you want I couldn't care less.

And this is what set up the challenge:
Chris: Have you ever tried a turkey burger?
Ron: Is that a fried turkey leg inside a grilled hamburger? If so, yes, delicious.

One last one, I promise. This one is best with the accompanying video, but I have no time to look for it:

Ron: Indianapolis is home to Charles Mulligan's Steakhouse, the best damn steakhouse in the damn state. I have taken a picture of every steak I've ever eaten there. June 2004: Porterhouse, medium rare, Bearnaise sauce. January 2000: They call this one, The Enforcer. February '96: The steak ribeye. The Whiskey: Lagavulin 16. The lady next to me? A Wing Dang Doodle. Specifically, my ex-wife Tammy. OK, this is the first I ever went there. Look at me. Just a kid.

Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/ron-swanson/page-3.html#ixzz1NBbb6y45

49REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 12:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I've tried to watch it a few times... brutal.

50REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I've tried to watch it a few times... brutal.

I've enjoyed it from the start, but the pas two seasons have been excellent. Interestingly, it coincided with the introduction of the Rob Lowe and Adam Scott, and the removal of Paul Schneider. If you gave up on it in S1 or S2 then I can't really say you'll love S3/4, but there's a chance.

51REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 7:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, will we see an announcement today?

52REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not if Buttman can help it. Maybe he'll try to move Atlanta to Phoenix. Drum up some interest in hockey by bringing in some cross-town rivalry. Win-win. Facepalm

53REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clearly San Antonio, Texas needs an NHL team...

Atlanta --> San Antonio E5!!!!!

54REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Clearly San Antonio, Texas needs an NHL team...

Atlanta --> San Antonio E5!!!!!

Surely, you mean S5?

My 8-year-old was reading an Archie comic book last night. In one of the stories Archie day-dreams of playing hockey. The way it's drawn, the hockey sticks are 2x4s with a blade, and are wielded like baseball bats. The helmets looks like something from a 40s football movie, and Mr. Beasley is playing in goal. That last part was the most realistic.

That's the level of understanding of hockey among the vast majority of the american population. If they ever got a team in San Antonio, you know when the players lift their sticks at the end of a game to salute the fans? They'll hang a piñata from the rafters.

55REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 9:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ole!

56REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 10:27 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laughing3

57REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Some updates...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366738

No firm timeline yet...

58REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Just a matter of time" according to Winnipeg's mayor.

59REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I won't lie, I would be one of the players who asks to be traded instead of playing in Winnipeg. I can't see Byfuglien being excited at all.

60REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I won't lie, I would be one of the players who asks to be traded instead of playing in Winnipeg. I can't see Byfuglien being excited at all.

Really? I'd play in Siberia if I could make the kind of money they make to play a game.

EDIT: If they ever make a Siberian foosball league that pays its players millions, I'll have an opportunity to prove my claim.

61REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Really? I'd play in Siberia if I could make the kind of money they make to play a game.

EDIT: If they ever make a Siberian foosball league that pays its players millions, I'll have an opportunity to prove my claim.

Yeah, I'd play hockey for 60K a year, let alone millions, but that would not be my first choice to play by any stretch. In fact, it's pretty low on the totem pole of where I would sign as a free agent - which sucks for Byfuglien who literally just signed with Atlanta and soon will have to brave -40 weather to get to the rink.

62REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Byfuglien is at least closer to his hometown in Minnesota now.

It's funny, Atlanta was trying to acquire black players to appeaser the fanbase, now they're moving.

63REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 4 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Byfuglien is at least closer to his hometown in Minnesota now.

It's funny, Atlanta was trying to acquire black players to appeaser the fanbase, now they're moving.

Um...source?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum