GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE

+16
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
SensHulk
sandysensfan
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Oglethorpe
Riprock
Tuk Tuk
Ev
spader
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

151REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:51 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, a three year commitment on the lowest priced season ticket package. 4 and 5 year commitments for the higher end ones.

They need to seel 13,000 season tickets before the BoG meeting esentially... and sell out the arena every game.

Prices and seating charts here: http://www.driveto13.com/

Good luck Winnipeg!!!

152REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:52 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Buy 13,000 season tickets... or else!!!

Laugh1 Laughing3
For at least three years!!!! At least they guarantee the price won't go up more than 3% per year.

153REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:So, a three year commitment on the lowest priced season ticket package. 4 and 5 year commitments for the higher end ones.

They need to seel 13,000 season tickets before the BoG meeting esentially... and sell out the arena every game.

Prices and seating charts here: http://www.driveto13.com/

Good luck Winnipeg!!!

Pretty standard conditions. I remember "Boots" DelBiaggio having to jump through the same hoops as well.

Oh no, wait, he didn't. Laugh1 Laughing3

154REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here is the pricing on season's tickets:

REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Winnipeg

155REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, for the lowest priced full-season season ticket, the holder will need to fork over $5,265.00 over three years... for one seat. Most people will buy in pairs, so we're talking $10,530.00 over the three years.

I'd have a hard time fitting that in my budget.

156REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:So, for the lowest priced full-season season ticket, the holder will need to fork over $5,265.00 over three years... for one seat. Most people will buy in pairs, so we're talking $10,530.00 over the three years.

I'd have a hard time fitting that in my budget.

It's actually a little bit cheaper than I thought it would be, but that's still a ton of money. That's roughly my annual salary as a student right now.

157REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hopefully they have some nice payment options that can help people spread it out to make it easier to absorb.

I think they've done a great job with the pricing... the 3/4/5 year commitment will make it tough, but I think the fan base there is so hungry they won't care.

158REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They should have said this duringthe presser:

"Buckle up! We're going all the way!"

159REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:They should have said this duringthe presser:

"Buckle up! We're going all the way!"
It would have been like this:

"Buckle up! We're going all the way! Unless we don't sell 13,000 season tickets... then we're not going anywhere."

160REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Winnipeg Divisional Road Trip: WAS-CAR-TBAY-FLA... bring winter and summer gear with you...

Wink

161REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Anyone else already sick of hearing about this?
quite the opposite! I'm thrilled for the fans in Winnipeg. I just heard how much cash they have for FA, they'll need to overpay.

In the case they do want to overpay they should sign B Richards to a whooping contract and stick that first thorn into burkes/leafs side. Laugh1
I know it won't happen but if it did it would be great, plus they would need him.

162REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It will be interesting to see how much they spend... they may need to spend to the cap in order to get the bodies they want and have the best chance at a successful on-ice product.

163REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:It will be interesting to see how much they spend... they may need to spend to the cap in order to get the bodies they want and have the best chance at a successful on-ice product.
I say go for it! the (majority, if i understood right) owner has the deepest pockets in Canada so I say lose cash for a few years and see what you get after that. Anyways they were a borderline playoff team last year with a sick top 4 Dif not all 6. They spend to the cap and make a trade or two I see them pulling into the playoffs no problem.

164REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They would have to go for it this year. Once they move to the West, the playoffs will be even further out of reach lol

165REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It would make sense for them to try to make a playoff run this year. It would really help to re-establish the fan base quickly. This assumes that True North is willing to spend some dough above the cap floor.

166REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Manitoba Bison?

The Buff is the stuff...

167REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:It would make sense for them to try to make a playoff run this year. It would really help to re-establish the fan base quickly. This assumes that True North is willing to spend some dough above the cap floor.

I was watching Sportsnet over lunch (1pm-ish), and they had an interview with the president of the True North corporation, which purchased the Thrashers and moved them to Winnipeg. He said in no uncertain terms that, in the early years, the team would not spend to the cap, and would build the team the right way (i.e., through the draft and development).

168REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE - Page 11 Empty Re: REPORT: ATLANTA TO WINNEPEG COMPLETE Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think owners are obliged to use the old "we're going to do it the right way" line, as it provides an instant excuse for on-ice failures and an instant excuse for not spending money.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see them be agressive this off-season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum