GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME THREE: Charlotte Checkers @ Binghamton Senators, May 17th, 7:05PM

+6
spader
wprager
tim1_2
rooneypoo
Ev
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah you're actually right spader. No need for me to insert that comment. If I don't have anything good to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

Go B-Sens!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Lehner is a stud I am genuinely proud of him.

Just for the record, these guys will be career AHLers: Borowiecki, Keller, Locke, Brust, Kinrade, Hoffman, Wick, Benoit, Bass, K-Daug, Dzuryinski, Schira, Potulny, O'Brien, Derek Smith, Brodeur, Hale, Grant, Cannone, Cowick.

So not 3/4, but a lot. Nevertheless, I digress.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Yeah you're actually right spader. No need for me to insert that comment. If I don't have anything good to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

Just for the record, these guys will be career AHLers: Borowiecki, Keller, Locke, Brust, Kinrade, Hoffman, Wick, Benoit, Bass, K-Daug, Dzuryinski, Schira, Potulny, O'Brien, Derek Smith, Brodeur, Hale, Grant, Cannone, Cowick.

You can't say right now who of these guys won't make the NHL. It took O'Brien how many years to finally show what he has. I know Hale, Derek Smith & Andre Benoit played very well when up in Ottawa after the trade deadline. That may not translate to a full time NHL job.. but we don't know yet. Cannone -- he's just out of college... we don't know yet what the hell he will turn into.
I agree with Brodeur, Brust maybe Cowick... but you never know until they play.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Joy tweets:

"Z. Smith snipes one past Pogge to get the hat trick and make it a 6-1 B-Sens lead with 7:17 left in regulation. What a snipe. Honestly, he just needed to get away from a coach who told him he couldn't score goals."

Clouston I presume.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Yeah you're actually right spader. No need for me to insert that comment. If I don't have anything good to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

I don't understand how you can call a guy with over 300 NHL games a career AHLer, but I'm pleased that you recognize that the comment wasn't necessary. TipHat

For the record, I think you're right about most of those picks, but certainly some of them have a shot at making the big game. Ottawa will present lots of opportunities for some of the players listed above to prove you wrong in the coming years. We'll see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The B-Sens now have six of the top-15 point getters in the playoffs. Potulny and Keller are 1-2, with 23 and 21 points, respectively. The next two players are 4 and 5 points back; one of them is no-longer playing and the other about to get eliminated. Daugavins and Smith only need 2 points each to give the top-four spots to Bingo players. And if Butler's linemates could learn to score (he's got 10 goals but just 2 assists) he could sneak into the top five as well (all the players ahead of him are either eliminated or are soon to be.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

I don't understand how you can call a guy with over 300 NHL games a career AHLer, but I'm pleased that you recognize that the comment wasn't necessary. TipHat

For the record, I think you're right about most of those picks, but certainly some of them have a shot at making the big game. Ottawa will present lots of opportunities for some of the players listed above to prove you wrong in the coming years. We'll see.
see i disagree with Ev. i don't think it's that easy. they may never be prominent players but who knows who could be regular NHLers? perfect example, Carkner. he was 26 when he made the NHL and he was far down the line as far as his possibility of making it.

sometimes the projections for a player don't work out like planned and they find another role within the team.

sometimes big surprises happen. If i remember correctly when Markov came over to North-America he was a forward. fast-forward to the present....

point is it's harder then most of us can even imagine. grant it it's slim chances for a few of them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's not forget Tim Thomas, who played a full season when he was 28, and has now set an NHL record for SV% in a season, most likely on his way to his second Vezina.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There are certainly ringers on this team, guys with little to no chance of a long NHL career by any stretch of the imagination. The AHL MVP would be one of them, Benoit is another, D.Smith is another, Ryan Keller, David Hale (I realize not playing, but he's another 'ringer'.

But when the chips are down, it appears to be Bobby B, Z.Smith, Robin Lehner, Greening, Condra - and even a guy like Daugavins still has an outside chance - who are leading the way. Same with Potulny, you can't count him out of playing himself onto the Sens - although logic dictates that he'll likely not be able to make it with so many young guys coming up through the ranks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum