GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME THREE: Charlotte Checkers @ Binghamton Senators, May 17th, 7:05PM

+6
spader
wprager
tim1_2
rooneypoo
Ev
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cruise control now...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm honestly so proud right now. Cheers Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Smith with the hat-trick to make it 6-1!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm proud but at the same time 3/4 of these guys will never set foot on NHL ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I'm proud but at the same time 3/4 of these guys will never set foot on NHL ice.

So what? I see myself cheering for Butler and Cowen next year, and maybe Condra and Greening, for at least a few games.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:I'm proud but at the same time 3/4 of these guys will never set foot on NHL ice.
Same goes for every other team's farm team... a winning attitude in Bingo can only help the Sens...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually:

Butler, Lehner, Condra, Smith, Greening, Bass, Wiercioch, Locke already have. Cowen, for sure, next year. Add Hale there as well. That's way more than 1/4 already.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wick makes it 7-1 and that is the end of it.

Lehner should get his SV% back to around .934 or .935. He's stopped 72 of 73 shots since being pulled in game 1.

Edit: strike that SV%. Apparently the AHL goalie leader page updates with stats from on-going game. It's not at .932. Still pretty good.

Last edited by wprager on Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, let them have a fair chance. Daugavins, O'Brien and Potulny have an outside chance, coupled with Greening, Condra, Butler, Cowen, Wiercioch, Lehner, Z.Smith, Gryba. That's 11 of ~21, so...isn't that half? Ahhhhh! *

*Benoit, D.Smith also played NHL hockey this year IIRC.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Wow. You really do have a gift. Do you find yourself saying "This is great, but..." a lot?

EDIT: Has everyone seen Shawshank? Remember the scene on the rooftop when the one guard is complaining that he just inherited $30,000 (or a something). He says something like, "You think that's great? How much do you think I'll see of it after the tax man collects his share?" Then Tim Robbins's character tells him how he can keep it all. Ev reminds me of the guard.

Last edited by spader on Tue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

7 - 1 -- what a clutch game by the B-Sens.

The 16th ranked prospects by HF. Really.

I know a couple of those guys will never make it to the NHL... but there is quite a few that will.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Wow. You really do have a gift. Do you find yourself saying "This is great, but..." a lot?

EDIT: Has everyone seen Shawshank? Remember the scene on the rooftop when the one guard is complaining that he just inherited $30,000 (or a something). He says something like, "You think that's great? How much do you think I'll see of it after the tax man collects his share?" Then Tim Robbins's character tells him how he can keep it all. Ev reminds me of the guard.

lol I'm just being realistic. I don't give two Dung about the players who will be career AHLers!

The Murrays added players who would help Binghamton and Binghmaton only (Potulny, Locke, Benoit, Wick). It has worked so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

So what? I see myself cheering for Butler and Cowen next year, and maybe Condra and Greening, for at least a few games.

You're right, it's nice seeing those guys do well. I'm very happy for them.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:7 - 1 -- what a clutch game by the B-Sens.

The 16th ranked prospects by HF. Really.

I know a couple of those guys will never make it to the NHL... but there is quite a few that will.

The 16th rank was deserved with the bleak forward prospects we have. We will move up after the draft.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Meh, let them have a fair chance. Daugavins, O'Brien and Potulny have an outside chance, coupled with Greening, Condra, Butler, Cowen, Wiercioch, Lehner, Z.Smith, Gryba. That's 11 of ~21, so...isn't that half? Ahhhhh! *

*Benoit, D.Smith also played NHL hockey this year IIRC.

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

lol I'm just being realistic. I don't give two Dung about the players who will be career AHLers!

The Murrays added players who would help Binghamton and Binghmaton only (Potulny, Locke, Benoit, Wick). It has worked so far.

Why is it that everyone who focuses on the negative claims that they're just being realistic? You always find something to complain about in every positive. Look at SD's list. Is your exaggerated claim realistic?

I don't mean to call you out, but it gets annoying how you force a negative into every single positive. You always have something Dung to say. Seriously, what would it take for you to say something nice without qualifying it with a negative comment?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah you're actually right spader. No need for me to insert that comment. If I don't have anything good to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

Go B-Sens!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Lehner is a stud I am genuinely proud of him.

Just for the record, these guys will be career AHLers: Borowiecki, Keller, Locke, Brust, Kinrade, Hoffman, Wick, Benoit, Bass, K-Daug, Dzuryinski, Schira, Potulny, O'Brien, Derek Smith, Brodeur, Hale, Grant, Cannone, Cowick.

So not 3/4, but a lot. Nevertheless, I digress.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Yeah you're actually right spader. No need for me to insert that comment. If I don't have anything good to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

Go B-Sens!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Lehner is a stud I am genuinely proud of him.

Just for the record, these guys will be career AHLers: Borowiecki, Keller, Locke, Brust, Kinrade, Hoffman, Wick, Benoit, Bass, K-Daug, Dzuryinski, Schira, Potulny, O'Brien, Derek Smith, Brodeur, Hale, Grant, Cannone, Cowick.

So not 3/4, but a lot. Nevertheless, I digress.

You can't say right now who of these guys won't make the NHL. It took O'Brien how many years to finally show what he has. I know Hale, Derek Smith & Andre Benoit played very well when up in Ottawa after the trade deadline. That may not translate to a full time NHL job.. but we don't know yet. Cannone -- he's just out of college... we don't know yet what the hell he will turn into.
I agree with Brodeur, Brust maybe Cowick... but you never know until they play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum