GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

+15
Vandelay
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
dennycrane
spader
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Notch should publish a book.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
You can't ice a team full of rookies, SD, no matter how much of a rebuild mode you're in. Every team needs its vets and leaders. Shannon is a great fit for us in that sense -- guy busts his Donkey off, which will rub off on others and keep everyone on their toes fighting for ice time and roster spots.

There will be injuries and opportunities for the AHLers to step it up even with a guy like Shannon in the mix, no worries. But I don't see any more AHLers after Butler, Greening, Condra, and Smith (at forward, that is) making our starting roster. We've got 7 returning vet forwards (including Regin), a need for at least 1 top 6 UFA addition, + Shannon as 13th. Makes too much sense. He is the guy who will keep everyone -- the rookies and Regin included -- honest.

Da Costa, Wick, Petersson... those guys are all starting in the AHL, for sure.

As for Shannon not being signed as of yet... meh, BM is a busy guy right now. On top of the coach hunt, he's got 10 pending UFAs and 10 pending RFAs, mostly at the AHL level, granted, but that situation has to be be dealt with. Once the AHL and NHL playoffs finish and the coach is added, the Sens re-signing news will start trickling in.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. I hope that we re-sign Shannon because that work ethic and semi-veteran presence is sorely needed. I hope they come out on your side and re-sign him and not the way I think they're gonna do it...and let him go.

I think the veteran presence is coming on the backend - which I know is hilarious considering we have 88 D-men, but I still think someone like a Sean O'Donnell (UFA) or someone of that nature is heading our way. Just a guy you can sign for a million or 1.2 who can clear the crease and play a sturdy D. With so many young D-men and a couple of real defects in Kuba and Gonchar, I can really see this being a top priority for Murray. In fact, now that we have cap room, could Andy Sutton be coming back?

I don't necessarily endorse this, but this is how Murray tends to operate.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
You can't ice a team full of rookies, SD, no matter how much of a rebuild mode you're in. Every team needs its vets and leaders. Shannon is a great fit for us in that sense -- guy busts his Donkey off, which will rub off on others and keep everyone on their toes fighting for ice time and roster spots.

There will be injuries and opportunities for the AHLers to step it up even with a guy like Shannon in the mix, no worries. But I don't see any more AHLers after Butler, Greening, Condra, and Smith (at forward, that is) making our starting roster. We've got 7 returning vet forwards (including Regin), a need for at least 1 top 6 UFA addition, + Shannon as 13th. Makes too much sense. He is the guy who will keep everyone -- the rookies and Regin included -- honest.

Da Costa, Wick, Petersson... those guys are all starting in the AHL, for sure.

As for Shannon not being signed as of yet... meh, BM is a busy guy right now. On top of the coach hunt, he's got 10 pending UFAs and 10 pending RFAs, mostly at the AHL level, granted, but that situation has to be be dealt with. Once the AHL and NHL playoffs finish and the coach is added, the Sens re-signing news will start trickling in.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. I hope that we re-sign Shannon because that work ethic and semi-veteran presence is sorely needed. I hope they come out on your side and re-sign him and not the way I think they're gonna do it...and let him go.

I think the veteran presence is coming on the backend - which I know is hilarious considering we have 88 D-men, but I still think someone like a Sean O'Donnell (UFA) or someone of that nature is heading our way. Just a guy you can sign for a million or 1.2 who can clear the crease and play a sturdy D. With so many young D-men and a couple of real defects in Kuba and Gonchar, I can really see this being a top priority for Murray. In fact, now that we have cap room, could Andy Sutton be coming back?

I don't necessarily endorse this, but this is how Murray tends to operate.

Isn't Cowen supposed to be the bone-cruncher coming up? Why would we sign someone to do the job he's expected to do?

Also, I'd like Shannon to stay on. Whether it'll happen remains to be seen, but I think he earned a modest raise and a spot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Isn't Cowen supposed to be the bone-cruncher coming up? Why would we sign someone to do the job he's expected to do?

Also, I'd like Shannon to stay on. Whether it'll happen remains to be seen, but I think he earned a modest raise and a spot.

He is and he will be, but right now we're looking at Carkner being the tough vet D-man back there with Phillips being the top shutdown guy, there's room (actually there's not) for another guy with a Cup ring preferably to not only mentor these guys, but to calm the tempo of games down so we don't get obliterated.

It all hinges on what happens with Kuba I would imagine.

Phillips - Lee
Gonchar - Karlsson (yikes!)
Cowen (possibly starting in the AHL) - Carkner
Kuba (?) - Rundblad (possibly starting in the AHL)

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

He is and he will be, but right now we're looking at Carkner being the tough vet D-man back there with Phillips being the top shutdown guy, there's room (actually there's not) for another guy with a Cup ring preferably to not only mentor these guys, but to calm the tempo of games down so we don't get obliterated.

It all hinges on what happens with Kuba I would imagine.

Phillips - Lee
Gonchar - Karlsson (yikes!)
Cowen (possibly starting in the AHL) - Carkner
Kuba (?) - Rundblad (possibly starting in the AHL)

Ha. Our D is a bit of a wildcard situation right now. Here's hoping Cowen can come in and look like Tyler Myers did when he arrived in Buffalo and Rundblad can come in and look like Del Zotto did in NY (at the beginning of DZ's season, that is).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Ha. Our D is a bit of a wildcard situation right now. Here's hoping Cowen can come in and look like Tyler Myers did when he arrived in Buffalo and Rundblad can come in and look like Del Zotto did in NY (at the beginning of DZ's season, that is).

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of our D with or without Cowen and Rundblad. Fooled me once last year into thinking they were a solid unit, I'm not gonna be fooled again right now. So much hope in Cowen, Rundblad and Karlsson - three wet behind the ears youngsters.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of our D with or without Cowen and Rundblad. Fooled me once last year into thinking they were a solid unit, I'm not gonna be fooled again right now. So much hope in Cowen, Rundblad and Karlsson - three wet behind the ears youngsters.

Karlsson should be improved. If he can bulk up a little and Anderson can save his bacon here and there, he should have a much better season. I'd be happy if he can recreate his 50 point season, or even drop in production a little bit while improving his defensive game.

We'll see.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oddly enough, I think we’ll get EXACTLY what we expect out of Cowen, Karlsson, and Rundblad (should he play in the NHL). They’ll look like young, good defencemen. That is, they’ll make some mistakes, but make up for it as they excel in their individual strengths.

The bigger question to me, is what can we expect out of Phillips, Gonchar, and Kuba? These guys had bad years. If they continue to be bad, we’re buggered. If they can get some of their game back, we’ll be a’ight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Karlsson should be improved. If he can bulk up a little and Anderson can save his bacon here and there, he should have a much better season. I'd be happy if he can recreate his 50 point season, or even drop in production a little bit while improving his defensive game.

We'll see.

50+ points IMO. He's one of the true young superstars back there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Oddly enough, I think we’ll get EXACTLY what we expect out of Cowen, Karlsson, and Rundblad (should he play in the NHL). They’ll look like young, good defencemen. That is, they’ll make some mistakes, but make up for it as they excel in their individual strengths.

The bigger question to me, is what can we expect out of Phillips, Gonchar, and Kuba? These guys had bad years. If they continue to be bad, we’re buggered. If they can get some of their game back, we’ll be a’ight.

Good point. The veterans are definitely more of a concern, though Phillips improved considerably over the last half or so of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Oddly enough, I think we’ll get EXACTLY what we expect out of Cowen, Karlsson, and Rundblad (should he play in the NHL). They’ll look like young, good defencemen. That is, they’ll make some mistakes, but make up for it as they excel in their individual strengths.

Good point. The veterans are definitely more of a concern, though Phillips improved considerably over the last half or so of the season.

So did Gonchar. That TSN analysis you posted had some split-season stats for Gonchar. Something like +5 since late January.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote: Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3
Check it out. Some idiot on the TSN board:

sportsdude316
6 hours ago
Ottawa should be better with a healthy line up and a new coach. They would benefit from some offence. Although a trade with the Leafs is unlikely, one possiblity might be getting Joffrey Lupul for Jared Cowan and Sens first round pick this year. Sens get a sniper to play with Spezza and Leafs get youngsters Smile. Its definitely win-win Smile

I don't have the words... Facepalm

Sometimes words don't describe how dumb people can be. Or oblivious - shouldn't people do some research before they spout off on a public forum? I guess not.

I read Sandy's though I think and it was quite well thought out and accurate.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

So did Gonchar. That TSN analysis you posted had some split-season stats for Gonchar. Something like +5 since late January.

Literally the only thing I remember from Gonchar was his goal against Toronto when him and Karlsson were working the PP like beasts. I don't remember anything else...except for him falling at the blue-line and letting some guy score.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:We will be drafting Huberdeau or Cooter. Book it.

Doesn't sound like Huberdeau will be an option. Good chance he goes top three. Haven't seen him play personally but by all accounts he's tearing it up...which sucks cause he would fit in so nicely as our second line center.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:

Doesn't sound like Huberdeau will be an option. Good chance he goes top three. Haven't seen him play personally but by all accounts he's tearing it up...which sucks cause he would fit in so nicely as our second line center.

I'd rather him play wing if he likes it better (he's played wing all year I believe).

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

I'd rather him play wing if he likes it better (he's played wing all year I believe).

I really have no idea. I see he's listed as a center on hockeydb and the reports I get are from the team1200...they had someone on there mid-week for an interview and the guy was absolutely in love with Huberdeau.

I'm at the point now where I think it's useless for us to try to move up in the draft. The expected draft order switches almost on a daily basis. One thing I will say is I'd much rather go with a guy that is still developing with more potential upside (Strome/Huberdeau) as apposed to a more fully developed guy. I know it's tempting given the team's current state to go after a guy like Landeskog that can add something right away but if he's projected as third line on a decent team, I don't see how that helps this team...just makes us the leafs- maybe making us mildly better and moving us up in the standings but not even close to being a real contender....in the end, Murray knows best and I'm sure they have their guy picked out and will do what's needed to get him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

I really have no idea. I see he's listed as a center on hockeydb and the reports I get are from the team1200...they had someone on there mid-week for an interview and the guy was absolutely in love with Huberdeau.

I'm at the point now where I think it's useless for us to try to move up in the draft. The expected draft order switches almost on a daily basis. One thing I will say is I'd much rather go with a guy that is still developing with more potential upside (Strome/Huberdeau) as apposed to a more fully developed guy. I know it's tempting given the team's current state to go after a guy like Landeskog that can add something right away but if he's projected as third line on a decent team, I don't see how that helps this team...just makes us the leafs- maybe making us mildly better and moving us up in the standings but not even close to being a real contender....in the end, Murray knows best and I'm sure they have their guy picked out and will do what's needed to get him.
agreed. maximum upside is what we should be looking for.
come on BM move up for huberdeau.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to make a new one. since the heatsoff a little bit off of the capitals back Mike Green might not be heading anywhere. But I still see CBJ try and bolster their defense. the obvious place to look is philadelphia. Matt carle is a very good candidate to be moved and with only one year remaining left on his contract he'd come at a moderate price. which is? i'm not sure.
It's being rumored in many places that Howson is willing to move the 8th overall and is trying to make his club competitive to make the playoffs.
I'm not saying he'll move the 8th for Carle but there could be a multi-player and pick swap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum