GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

+15
Vandelay
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
dennycrane
spader
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:and the Flyers will not bring back Boucher and will keep Bobrovsky as the backup, so they are looking for a starter.

My money says the Bryz will be on Broad Street come July 1. Nod

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I can't see Philly not finally addressing the goaltending. Would you trade Schneider or Luongo? The Canucks have cap issues so trading Luongo would make sense from that POV. Giroux ++ for Luongo? I'd think about it.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Would the Lightning have better luck with Vokoun? He's a free agent so nothing to give up, and he wouldn't even have to change his driver's license Smile
Fair enough. Two things that could tip Schneider ahead of Vokoun:
1 age. Voukoun is arguably playing out his last few years. Sure he might play onto his forties but Schneider is just starting. In the case of Tampa, Yzerman said he is building a franchise so he is looking long term and this could fit his bill.

2 money. Schneider is making 900k next year and will probably not make more them 2-2.5 when his contract comes up (given he's in a situation where he's a #1) it's easy to imagine that any team is trying to stay under the cap as much as possible. Vokoun will probably go no lower then 3.5 with term or more on a shorter contract.

Schneider to TBL? That's interesting. It's definitely possible, but the 'Nucks will be negotiating from a position of strength since they don't have to move him. I could see that trade happening, but I could also see TBL balking at whatever Van demanded.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:I can't see Philly not finally addressing the goaltending. Would you trade Schneider or Luongo? The Canucks have cap issues so trading Luongo would make sense from that POV. Giroux ++ for Luongo? I'd think about it.

For sure, but I see Philly trying to address goaltending without giving up a major piece like Giroux. They'll make a strong push for Bryz, IMO.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I would be completely shocked if Philadelphia traded their 26 year old captain.

Could Florida be a potential spot for a guy like Briere or Carter? If Dallas were to lose B. Richards, could they be in on a new #1?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Calgary's gonna try to be active. I'd expect to see some deals in place waiting on NMC waives. They need to shake up that team something fierce. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple bodies moving out of Cow-town.

I also think they have only 1 draft pick in the 3 rounds.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Bryzgalov is the classic Philly goalie of the last 15 years. Great in the regular season, lousy in the playoffs.

I might look to Minny or LA as well. There is the Hextall connection.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:Calgary's gonna try to be active. I'd expect to see some deals in place waiting on NMC waives. They need to shake up that team something fierce. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple bodies moving out of Cow-town.

I also think they have only 1 draft pick in the 3 rounds.

I'm not sure, but they definitely need to move some dead weight and bring in some prospects. The alternative is that the team continues to die. The future isn't so bright in Calgary.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently the Canucks want Giroux for Schneider so the Flyers are saying no.

Also, they are very unhappy with Richards, but the person who presented this news says it's probably unlikely he'd dealt.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Apparently the Canucks want Giroux for Schneider so the Flyers are saying no.

Also, they are very unhappy with Richards, but the person who presented this news says it's probably unlikely he'd dealt.

Really? The Canucks are talking with potential trade partners while they're in the middle of the playoffs? What's your source? Some guy on Dobber?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Apparently the Canucks want Giroux for Schneider so the Flyers are saying no.

Really? The Canucks are talking with potential trade partners while they're in the middle of the playoffs? What's your source? Some guy on Dobber?

He posts on Dobber Hockey but he also is (or was, could be done now) an NCAA hockey player for Maine, and has a contact from the Flyers org. He played with Gustav Nyquist.

I believe that the Canucks interest in Giroux for Schneider that he talked about was discovered during the season, not exactly right now at this instant.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

He posts on Dobber Hockey but he also is (or was, could be done now) an NCAA hockey player for Maine, and has a contact from the Flyers org. He played with Gustav Nyquist.

I believe that the Canucks interest in Giroux for Schneider that he talked about was discovered during the season, not exactly right now at this instant.

Fair enough. It's reasonable that they would be looking at making moves in Philly and Schneider is definitely expendable (to some degree) in Van. I just had trouble with the idea that they would be having these conversations now. Thanks for the explanation.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray should be after Jeff Carter. Don't care if it costs us our 1st.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Murray should be after Jeff Carter. Don't care if it costs us our 1st.
As a player, I agree. It would be fun to watch him lay with spezza.
But with the term he carries I disagree. 11 years is too long and it could turn out to be handcuffs for us.

Plus I believe he would cost us more then a 1st.

Giroux for schnider might be overpayment.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Don't know about Draft Day, but a dude on Dobber who is connected to a Flyers official says they will put Carter, Hartnell, and Richards on the trade block.

I'd give a lot from the Sens for Richards. Karlsson + if need be.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Calgary has to do something... But what? They've given NTC or NMC to most of their interesting players. They've handcuffed themselves to those contracts AND overpaid on many of them. Who's gonna want those? And what do you expect back from them if the players do waive?

There remains the possibility of buyout and sending Kotalik to Europe but that's it really.I doubt they receive picks by the draft.

Regehr might be the only one to receive interest (apart from Jerome who won't be available) and he'll have to waive also.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Flo, the tourist deaths in Thailand may be linked to bed-bug pesticides:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/05/08/18120296.html

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hey, Flo, the tourist deaths in Thailand may be linked to bed-bug pesticides:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/05/08/18120296.html

Odd that they only found trace amounts of the pesticide though. They also didn't explain whether or not those trace amounts were enough to cause myocarditis only that that pesticide can cause myocarditis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum