GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Draft day trades and moves predictions.

+15
Vandelay
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
dennycrane
spader
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Regin on the 2nd line?

I think the biggest need of this team is still a 2nd line centre.

Laich might be able to fill that void? If, according to your lines, what we really need is a 1st line left winger, than Glencross is my man.

I think the most likely guys to make the team out of camp would be Greening, Z Smith, and maybe Butler and Condra....it all depends on who is brought in via FA.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, not really sure where else to put Regin and I think he deserves patience and time.

He can have all the patience and time he wants in the AHL. Many guys have needed an AHL stint to “rediscover” their confidence.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think NJD might be open to dealing their pick to Ottawa if they can send a contract along with it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
He can have all the patience and time he wants in the AHL. Many guys have needed an AHL stint to “rediscover” their confidence.

I don't think that's gonna happen. He's on a 1-way and he played hard last year - just didn't show results. No matter what Neely says - and I respect what he says no matter what - I thought he played strong and hard last year, but couldn't put up points. This year will be the deciding year for his career in Ottawa IMO, but not through the AHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think NJD might be open to dealing their pick to Ottawa if they can send a contract along with it.

Yeah, this was another thing that was discussed amongst fans earlier.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I don't think that's gonna happen. He's on a 1-way and he played hard last year - just didn't show results. No matter what Neely says - and I respect what he says no matter what - I thought he played strong and hard last year, but couldn't put up points. This year will be the deciding year for his career in Ottawa IMO, but not through the AHL.

I'm not saying he spends the whole year in the AHL. I *believe*, if NHL 2011 has taught me anything, that Ottawa can assign him to Bingo prior to the start of the season and avoid the waiver wire. Maybe 10 games is all it takes... I understand going through a scoring drought in the regular season, but Regin's whole season was a drought. While I agree it looked like he was trying hard, there was definitely something missing...and I think it was confidence.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
I'm not saying he spends the whole year in the AHL. I *believe*, if NHL 2011 has taught me anything, that Ottawa can assign him to Bingo prior to the start of the season and avoid the waiver wire. Maybe 10 games is all it takes... I understand going through a scoring drought in the regular season, but Regin's whole season was a drought. While I agree it looked like he was trying hard, there was definitely something missing...and I think it was confidence.

Hmmm...not sure about that rule. It would be news to me.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

If you assign Regin to Bingo before the start of the season, yeah, you can avoid the waiver wire -- I think -- but then you'd have to put him on re-entry waivers if you ever wanted him to play in the NHL at any point in the season. See Labarbara, Jason, circa (I believe) 2008.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

If you assign Regin to Bingo before the start of the season, yeah, you can avoid the waiver wire -- I think -- but then you'd have to put him on re-entry waivers if you ever wanted him to play in the NHL at any point in the season. See Labarbara, Jason, circa (I believe) 2008.

The re-entry would be the one I would want to avoid, I believe you can assign him out of training camp, but it was Tim's 10 game thing that had me confused.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:The questions will be:

Will Colin Greening make the team out of camp?

Will Condra?

Will Da Costa?

Will Butler?

Will Z.Smith?

Will Silfverberg?

My opinion is that Greening, Condra, Butler and Smith would have to have a lazy summer and a crappy pre-season to not make it based on what they did in the latter parts of the season (and for Butler and Smith, 30+ games).

So...

________ - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Regin - Alfredsson
Greening - Foligno - Condra
Winchester - Z.Smith - Neil

One space open, the rest need to be filled by the young players so they can evolve.

I feel like I'm missing someone, but I don't think I am.

EDIT:

What a crazy 4th line that is! I realize that it would probably be Condra down there, not Neil, but still, what a great line.

Also, it's becoming clear that if you suck - even for 5 games, you're going down to the minors, we're gonna need roster spots for Da Costa, Silf, Petersson, 1st Round Pick(s), 2nd round picks, etc.

I didn't know Will Smith's middle name started with a 'Z'.

I think Butler makes it (sticks it, though, is another question). I'm *not* sure at all about Regin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
The re-entry would be the one I would want to avoid, I believe you can assign him out of training camp, but it was Tim's 10 game thing that had me confused.

Guy had major shoulder surgery. Let him play a few games and if he sucks, call it a conditioning stint.

Last edited by wprager on Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Guy had major shoulder surgery. Let him play a few games and if he sucks, call it a conditioning stint.

Can you play him then send him down for conditioning?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't see why not. You play, he sucks, you decide he didn't spend as much time during the off-season training as he needed to, due to his injury, so you send him down for a conditioning stint in the AHL. Didn't they do exactly that with Emery? He came back from injury, played badly, they sent him down.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

I don't see why not. You play, he sucks, you decide he didn't spend as much time during the off-season training as he needed to, due to his injury, so you send him down for a conditioning stint in the AHL. Didn't they do exactly that with Emery? He came back from injury, played badly, they sent him down.

No, they waived his arse. I don't think you can send a guy down for more than a game or two tops - and I think there might be a number of days that he needed to be out first.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

No, they waived his arse. I don't think you can send a guy down for more than a game or two tops - and I think there might be a number of days that he needed to be out first.

I think the max time for a conditioning stint is, like, two weeks.

You definitely don't want to have Regin trapped in waiver limbo ala Labarbara. He's not doing much good for anyone anywhere if that happens. But that's what will happen if we assign him to Bingo before the start of the season.

Worst case, Regin is our 13th forward, fighting a guy like Shannon for ice time. I don't think Bingo is in the cards.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Shannon is in the cards to be honest....I'd love to have him but does management want him to be taking a younger player's spot? Unless regin or someone else is shipped out, I'd say management will take the easy route and not re-sign shannon.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:I don't think Shannon is in the cards to be honest....I'd love to have him but does management want him to be taking a younger player's spot? Unless regin or someone else is shipped out, I'd say management will take the easy route and not re-sign shannon.

After how he finished the 2nd half of the year, I don't think there's anyway we don't re-sign him. No brainer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Michallica wrote:I don't think Shannon is in the cards to be honest....I'd love to have him but does management want him to be taking a younger player's spot? Unless regin or someone else is shipped out, I'd say management will take the easy route and not re-sign shannon.

After how he finished the 2nd half of the year, I don't think there's anyway we don't re-sign him. No brainer.

I don't think they're re-signing him either.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I don't think they're re-signing him either.

Annnnnd I still don't think there's anyway we're not signing him. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum