GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+23
stempniaksen
22_4_ever
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hoags
sandysensfan
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Riprock
Ev
spader
SensHulk
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 54 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 61]

706All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I know what you're saying, but that could be flipped too. You could argue that the team as a whole (moreso the forwards) let Luongo down when he needed them most.

I'm not even a goalie apologist I just think the whole team has been bad, and based on past play everyone needs to be better.

707All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:I know what you're saying, but that could be flipped too. You could argue that the team as a whole (moreso the forwards) let Luongo down when he needed them most.

I'm not even a goalie apologist I just think the whole team has been bad, and based on past play everyone needs to be better.

Agreed. I think it's not a matter of "either/or", but rather a matter of "both/and." That is to say, this loss was both the fault of the goalie and the five in front of him. Neither performed.

708All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:57 pm

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Exactly. I fully expect everyone to step up back on home ice, but there's no question that Luongo is gonna face more pressure than the rest of the team.

709All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Exactly. I fully expect everyone to step up back on home ice, but there's no question that Luongo is gonna face more pressure than the rest of the team.

If he plays. AV has already demonstrated that he'll start Schneider when necessary. I wouldn't put it past him. It's unlikely, but definitely possible.

710All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Team_america

HJAHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

Mohammed Jihad

711All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Since the Rome hit... this series has changed... series turning point?

712All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Since the Rome hit... this series has changed... series turning point?

The Bruins will feel the loss of Horton in game 7 (if -- crosses fingers -- it gets that far). Julien still has the horses -- remember when he let Sguin loose? All they need is everyone to step up. It's not like the loss of Horton means they'll be playing only 2 forwards on their top line. His ice time will be distributed, fairly evenly, among the remaining top-six players. Sometimes a player gets a bit more ice time and things click into place. Addition by addition that is the result of subtraction -- does that make sense?

Anyhow, no-way they can use Horton as an excuse. Thomas stepped it up. Seguin and Marchand will get more ice time. Everyone can take turns playing hero.

713All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:27 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Since the Rome hit... this series has changed... series turning point?

I think so. Seems that it woke the Bruins up. They were hibernating and now have the scent of blood and want to avenge their fallen cub.

714All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
HJAHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

Mohammed Jihad

I loled at that Dung when I saw it, but I can't make it into a smiley - yet.

715All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow... no SCF games on Sat/Sun...

#travesty

716All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I think the Rome hit was the major factor in the turnaround.
Lapierre's trashing talking & smirking played a factor as well. What a scumbag.

717All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

I think the Rome hit was the major factor in the turnaround.
Lapierre's trashing talking & smirking played a factor as well. What a scumbag.

good ol' ratface

718All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:The Bruins have come to play...

They are not dominating, not really. The Canucks are being out-goaltended right now. I didn't see the first goal, but Ryder's shot from way out has to stay out. The third one, well, the defenseman was trying to sell a trip and ended up out of position.
Are you kidding me? The B's have totally shut down the Sedins. They have been useless. The B's are taking it to them all over the ice... winning the battles and getting away with the dirty stuff...

719All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game 5 goes tonight!

Bruins @ Canucks - 8:00pm ET - Series is tied 2-2. CBC has the game.

Will Luongo show up tonight? Some suggest he may be pregnant as he's missed his last 5 periods... hey-o!!!!!

The B's have turned their game up in the past two games... Canucks will need to respond in order to avoid facing an elimination game back in Boston on Monday.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

720All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should be a dandy! Beer

721All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The only thing I'll predict is that this series is going 7 games...

722All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Vancouver loses tonight, they’re finished. Boston just plays way too good at home, apparently.

You’re right Shabbs…looks like we should get 7 games out of this one, with the home team winning each one!

723All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 48 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Van's all-time record in Boston is horrible... 8-39-8.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 54 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum