GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+23
stempniaksen
22_4_ever
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
garblar
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hoags
sandysensfan
tim1_2
PTFlea
wprager
Riprock
Ev
spader
SensHulk
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 48 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 61]

511All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sharks are shooting from everywhere...

Canucks up 1-0 after 1.

512All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 24, 2011 10:21 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Boyle makes it a 1-1 game... Kesler limped off to the dressing room after that...

513All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Boyle makes it a 1-1 game... Kesler limped off to the dressing room after that...

Was it from that "elbow" to the left of his jaw? He may have pulled something trying to sell that one.

514All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 2:30 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Amazing. Van's rolling. Ahhhhh!

515All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Van is off to the Cup Final... it's been 17 years since their return... oddly enough it was 17 years to the day yesterday, and a double OT win over the Leafs that put 'em there.

516All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Roloson goes for the Bolts tonight...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366768

517All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 7:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Eastern Conference Final Game 6 goes tonight...

Bruins @ Lightning - 8:00pm ET - Bruins lead the series 3-2 [CBC has the game]

518All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:11 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

normally I don't care to root for any canadian team in the final just cuz they're canadian....cuz really I didn't see the rest of this nation pull together for the sens during their time...

However, I think this time around, Vancouver needs to win this finally. It’s been too long since the cup visited the Prime minister and the canucks have been there twice before coming away empty-handed, which is rough. They’ve never won it before and any team that understands the pain canucks fans went through would probably be our fanbase. In fact, it’s been worse for them. I think it would be just right if they did win this once and for all.

519All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:13 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Montreal hosted the 1976 Summer Olympics and a year after went on to win the Stanley Cup.
Calgary hosted the 1988 Winter Olympics and a year after won the Stanley Cup.

Food for thought.

520All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:normally I don't care to root for any canadian team in the final just cuz they're canadian....cuz really I didn't see the rest of this nation pull together for the sens during their time...

However, I think this time around, Vancouver needs to win this finally. It’s been too long since the cup visited the Prime minister and the canucks have been there twice before coming away empty-handed, which is rough. They’ve never won it before and any team that understands the pain canucks fans went through would probably be our fanbase. In fact, it’s been worse for them. I think it would be just right if they did win this once and for all.

It helps that I hate Boston and TB with vigor, but yeah, I think it's time.

521All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Montreal hosted the 1976 Summer Olympics and a year after went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Food for thought.

What an odd coincidence that is.

522All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:23 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Montreal hosted the 1976 Summer Olympics and a year after went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Food for thought.

Hmm maybe a Ottawa-Tremblant joint bid???? plz?

bah!

523All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

although, anyone else think its a little premature and weird to be blasting confetti just because you won the clarence campbell trophy? save that Dung for the cup finals, this isn't basketball.

Bad karma?

524All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Don't know if anyone else has talked about it, but I know a lot are thinking it.

In the last week I've been on several fan sites (NHL) and one specific San Jose site. I can say that almost to a man, they are lamenting the Heatley trade right now. In fact the general consensus (take it with a grain of salt as they lost last night), but even though he had what you could say was his best game of the conf finals last night, most are willing to trade him and their first pick back to us for Milan.

Funny how perspective changes, but looking at that deal now, with how he played this year and in this playoffs, and his cap hit, I'm satisfied with the deal. I would have like the Edmonton deal better, but I'm ok with what we got.

525All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:Don't know if anyone else has talked about it, but I know a lot are thinking it.

In the last week I've been on several fan sites (NHL) and one specific San Jose site. I can say that almost to a man, they are lamenting the Heatley trade right now. In fact the general consensus (take it with a grain of salt as they lost last night), but even though he had what you could say was his best game of the conf finals last night, most are willing to trade him and their first pick back to us for Milan.

Funny how perspective changes, but looking at that deal now, with how he played this year and in this playoffs, and his cap hit, I'm satisfied with the deal. I would have like the Edmonton deal better, but I'm ok with what we got.

Even worse:

In order for the Sharts to get Heatley, they had to trade Ehrhoff for nothing. Then they lost Michalek in the deal (and Cheechoo, but they could have buried him or bought him out).

So...if you were to add Ehrhoff and Michalek to the lineup, do the Sharts come a lot closer to making the Vancouver series go long - or even win it? I think it's safe to assume Michalek would have scored more than 3 goals or whatever Heatley did and Ehrhoff would have been a monster on their backend - especially on their PP with Boyle, which struggled (and cost them the game last night).

In conclusion, I think that trade LOST them the series and a chance at the Cup this year...and there's 3 more years of it! ThisJustIn! Gag

526All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:Don't know if anyone else has talked about it, but I know a lot are thinking it.

Even worse:

In order for the Sharts to get Heatley, they had to trade Ehrhoff for nothing. Then they lost Michalek in the deal (and Cheechoo, but they could have buried him or bought him out).

So...if you were to add Ehrhoff and Michalek to the lineup, do the Sharts come a lot closer to making the Vancouver series go long - or even win it? I think it's safe to assume Michalek would have scored more than 3 goals or whatever Heatley did and Ehrhoff would have been a monster on their backend - especially on their PP with Boyle, which struggled (and cost them the game last night).

In conclusion, I think that trade LOST them the series and a chance at the Cup this year...and there's 3 more years of it! ThisJustIn! Gag

I'm delighted by all this.

527All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 1:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

Food for thought.

1980 Winter Olympics: Lake Placid, NY
1981 Stanley Cup Champions: New York Islanders.

I'm scared.

528All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 35 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Food for thought.

1980 Winter Olympics: Lake Placid, NY
1981 Stanley Cup Champions: New York Islanders.

I'm scared.

2002 Winter Olympics: Salt Lake City, Utah
2003 Stanley Cup Champions: Not Utah

Curse broken

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 48 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum