GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011

+25
garblar
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
SensGirl11
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
NEELY
Amnesia021
rooneypoo
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

466All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:40 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Knuble out tonight?

"Potentially interesting quote from Caps Brooks Laich on Mike Knuble: "We’ll have to step up while Mike’s not in the lineup."

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/cmasisak22/status/60747066611204096

467All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Yeah I saw that, interesting quote.

468All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:45 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
"Ridiculous signing" is definitely an over- or mis-statement. Everyone knows that Niemi had the benefit of an amazing team in front of him, but getting a reasonably young goalie on a short deal for under $3 mil a year, and with a cup ring, is in no way ridiculous. It's a move I totally agree with, and which 12 other teams in the league, I'm sure, would have made if they could have.

What do you mean under 3 million? And what do you mean short term? Laugh1

Haha, oops, I must have had his arbitration award in mind, which I believe was under $3 mil. My bad! Laugh1

469All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Ok. Sorry. I must've missed/forgotten the comment on here months ago when you called the signing ridiculous. All I saw was the comment an hour ago when you called the signing ridiculous, 12 hours after Niemi had a bad game.

Anyway, we'll see what happens and then we'll see who's wrong.

On another note, since the signing was clearly ridiculous, what other goalie would have been a better signing?

I wouldn't have signed anyone else - and that includes Niemi. That's the point, at 2 million you've taken almost no risk and the reward could be amazing, but instead of waiting to see what would happen in the playoffs, Wilson signs him right in the middle of the regular season, which completely defeats the purpose of that original, excellent contract IMO.

It's a calculated risk. Wilson thought his value would only go up, so he signed him mid-season. Kinda like us signing Anderson before the end of the season.

So I guess we'll see....

470All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:37 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:
spader wrote:LAK is handing it to SJS. Woot! Go Kings! :KKK: Cheering

Holy Dung! Tied 5-5 at the end of the second. Talk about a breakdown.

massive breakdown....4-0 lead to 5-5? in one period? we were looking good for a bit there spader...we were looking good Facepalm

6-5 Sharks. Facepalm

Thornton and Heatley with one secondary assist each in that comeback. Way to lead.

Clowe, Pavelski, Setogouchi & Couture are carrying the Sharks. Marleau, Heatley & Thornton not so much. There is 21M tied up in those 3 all with NTC. Talk about a mess.
Given the injuries to LA -- you would think the 'great mighty' Sharks would roll over them.. but their 2 wins have come in OT.
They most likely will get out of the 1st round... but that's it.. I can't see them going any further.. if they are having difficulty beating a team with it's key player injured and others probably playing injured -- then they won't be going anywhere in the 2nd round against either (projected by me) Detroit, Vancouver, Nashville.

471All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
Clowe, Pavelski, Setogouchi & Couture are carrying the Sharks. Marleau, Heatley & Thornton not so much. There is 21M tied up in those 3 all with NTC. Talk about a mess.

I'd imagine Marleau, Thornton and Heatley constantly face the best checking line, having great secondary scoring helps a ton, can't check all the lines equally.

I don't watch the series so maybe they are playoff chokers

472All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

I'd imagine Marleau, Thornton and Heatley constantly face the best checking line, having great secondary scoring helps a ton, can't check all the lines equally.

I don't watch the series so maybe they are playoff chokers

So do a lot of other 1st lines in the league. But most (not all of them) fight through it and can carry their team. Heatley for the most part does not play on the first line.. it's been Setogouchi... who seems to be able to score more than Thornton & Marleau. Heatley is playing with Couture & Clowe I believe... and those 2 score more than Heatley does.. so what is it? These 3 'top' players have to start carrying the team if they are going to go anywhere... but I hope they don't.
I don't watch all of the games -- but parts of most of them.... but I have heard that Seto.. Couture & Clowe are playing very well.

473All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So what if they won 2 games in OT? Los Angeles won't just roll over and die because they lost Kopitar. They are still a good team without him. Smyth, Brown, and Doughty are leading them right now, and Quick.

The Sharks would have to play the Wings next round. That will be a doozy.

474All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My predictions for tonight...

Rags
Pens
Flyers
Preds
Wings

475All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:My predictions for tonight...

Rags
Pens
Flyers
Preds
Wings

Rags
Pens
Flyers
DUCKS
Wings

for me. Ahhhhh!

476All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Small mutterings of a Luongo injury are making the rounds... did he hurt his arm last night? Hmmmm...

477All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Small mutterings of a Luongo injury are making the rounds... did he hurt his pride last night? Hmmmm...

All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 F53cm

Can't feel good when even Vince Vaughn is laughing at you.

478All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:Small mutterings of a Luongo injury are making the rounds... did he hurt his pride last night? Hmmmm...

Heh heh. He was enjoying that game for sure...

479All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

Laughing3

480All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pens go up 1-0 on a nice shot by Kennedy.

481All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Caps/Rags - 0-0 after 1.
Pens up 1-0 over TBay after 1.
Flyers/Sabres - 0-0 mid-way through the 1st.

482All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pominville gets the Sabres on the board...

483All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 - Page 32 Empty Re: All Playoff Talk, All the Time 2011 Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just call me SIR....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum