GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Sens Next Coach

+9
tim1_2
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
NEELY
shabbs
Ev
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who will be Sens head coach for the 2011-2012 season?

Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_lcap250%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 7 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_lcap214%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:23 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:To be honest, it does seem very strange to say you are "firing" someone who technically doesn't work for you. With the season over, and his contract up, he wasn't really obligated to the club anymore. Call it a firing, a relieving of one's duties, whatever you want to I guess, but his contract was up and they decided not to renew it.

Players don't get "fired" when they walk as UFAs. If the Sens announced to day they were "firing" Ryan Shannon, would that make sense?

Apparently his contract runs until June 30. If they relieved him today, he was fired.

47Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:To be honest, it does seem very strange to say you are "firing" someone who technically doesn't work for you. With the season over, and his contract up, he wasn't really obligated to the club anymore. Call it a firing, a relieving of one's duties, whatever you want to I guess, but his contract was up and they decided not to renew it.

Players don't get "fired" when they walk as UFAs. If the Sens announced to day they were "firing" Ryan Shannon, would that make sense?
When was his contract up though? July 1st? If you are let go before your contract... you are fired.

48Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:25 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:

Apparently his contract runs until June 30. If they relieved him today, he was fired.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

49Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

When was his contract up though? July 1st? If you are let go before your contract... you are fired.
Confirmed!
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Youre-fired

50Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Still, what's the point? Why fire a guy that you don't plan on bringing back?

Does that mean they want to fire a coach before Clouston's contract was to expire?

51Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Dash wrote:Still, what's the point? Why fire a guy that you don't plan on bringing back?

Does that mean they want to fire a coach before Clouston's contract was to expire?

Hire you mean? I would think they'd like to have a new staff in place by the draft.

52Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
Dash wrote:Still, what's the point? Why fire a guy that you don't plan on bringing back?

Hire you mean? I would think they'd like to have a new staff in place by the draft.

Season's not even over. The balls haven't been dropped. Plenty of time left *before* the draft, and since Murray said he's going to see who is available, he's not thinking of having someone in place right away.

He could still pick Clouston Smile

53Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, meant hire lol. Freudian slip?

54Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone tweeted that he'd like the next coach to be a hybrid between Kirk Muller and Dave Cameron -- i.e. Kirk Cameron.

Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Kirk_cameron

55Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:01 pm

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Season's not even over. The balls haven't been dropped. Plenty of time left *before* the draft, and since Murray said he's going to see who is available, he's not thinking of having someone in place right away.

He could still pick Clouston Smile

I'm keeping the faith. I still think though that this is a curious time to "fire" a guy who's contract was effectively up anyway. To me it says, we just couldn't wait another minute to get you out of here.

On the plus side though, Greg Carvel FINALLY gets the axe. That man had more lives than a cat in Ottawa, having served through two Murray tenures, Paddock, Hartsburg and Clouston.

56Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

I was hoping that NYR would miss the playoffs and they would clean house, Sather and Torts.

He would be my choice. I'm apprehensive about a non NHL coach. I know Murray did well hiring Babcock before but Hartsburg did not work out well.

57Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeBrun talked about CC on Hot Stove. Clouston was way too hard on some players and was asked by BM over the summer to tone it down a bit. He didn't.

They mentioned Marc Crawford in Dallas as another coach who learned he had to tone down his style to be successful.

Clouston could've stayed but he was too stubborn and inflexible.

58Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Aww yeah Dancing

59Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:
Big_Ev @DarrenDreger You're article doesn't make sense. Murray doesn't have to fire Clouston at all, his contract is done.

DarrenDreger @Big_Ev. What was that?

Them fighting words lol.

Did he tweet that?!?!?!?! I didn't even check.

60Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time to make a new thread

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum