GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Sens Next Coach

+9
tim1_2
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
NEELY
shabbs
Ev
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will be Sens head coach for the 2011-2012 season?

Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_lcap250%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 7 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah just got the TSN text message as well....sad day. It makes all those Cussing media bunghole correct and a good man just lost his job today.

I guess the rumors of the coaching staff not being part of the end of year meetings was true....ridiculous. In all honesty, it changes my stance on Murray. So now we're going to get our 5th coach in 5 years.....beautiful.

32Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:37 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that's not a big surprise I guess.

Sometimes a fresh start is for the best.

33Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ding dong Carvel is gone!

So I guess he got fired after all. I wonder if there is a severance package involved.

34Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Yeah just got the TSN text message as well....sad day. It makes all those Cussing media bunghole correct and a good man just lost his job today.

I guess the rumors of the coaching staff not being part of the end of year meetings was true....ridiculous. In all honesty, it changes my stance on Murray. So now we're going to get our 5th coach in 5 years.....beautiful.

Maybe now that the wheeling-n-dealin' is done Murray steps behind the bench with Cameron by his side. Don't like Cameron, but if we are to bring in a coach with no NHL experience I'd prefer him as an assistant for at least the first year.

35Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:45 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

The shocking thing here is indeed Carvel. Laugh1

36Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Yeah just got the TSN text message as well....sad day. It makes all those Cussing media bunghole correct and a good man just lost his job today.

Maybe now that the wheeling-n-dealin' is done Murray steps behind the bench with Cameron by his side. Don't like Cameron, but if we are to bring in a coach with no NHL experience I'd prefer him as an assistant for at least the first year.

well if we believe murray, that isn't going to happen. He says he's waiting to see who becomes available and will begin actively looking starting end of april. I wished they'd just spit the crap out and just say 'we'll let you know after the memorial cup wraps up'. Cussing morons. I can't tell you how much this pisses me off. Murray wasn't happy with clouston's record yet he gets a 3 year extension....unbelievable. Completely changes my stance on Murray and the boss.

37Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They need to decide what they want this team to be.

A trap team, puck possession team ... etc. and hire an according coaching staff.

I don't see Cameron being hired for anything other than assistant coach, he'd make this into a boring defence first team, why do that with guys like Rundblad, Karlsson and Gonchar on the roster.

IMHO they should mimic the Pens and Red Wings system.

38Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

House cleaning!

39Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:55 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:They need to decide what they want this team to be.

A trap team, puck possession team ... etc. and hire an according coaching staff.

I don't see Cameron being hired for anything other than assistant coach, he'd make this into a boring defence first team, why do that with guys like Rundblad, Karlsson and Gonchar on the roster.

IMHO they should mimic the Pens and Red Wings system.
ThumbsUp

40Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who the hell is out there though? Seriously...

Cameron? Another non_NHL coach? Not a fan of that move.

McGuire? Can you say Donkey Rodeo?

Muller or Ruff would be nice... but they are not free agents yet.

41Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Who the hell is out there though? Seriously...

Cameron? Another non_NHL coach? Not a fan of that move.

McGuire? Can you say Donkey Rodeo?

Muller or Ruff would be nice... but they are not free agents yet.

Ha. And Big Ev didn't allow for vote canceling in the poll. Dammit!

42Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I bet Muller goes to NJ

43Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big_Ev @DarrenDreger You're article doesn't make sense. Murray doesn't have to fire Clouston at all, his contract is done.

DarrenDreger @Big_Ev. What was that?

Them fighting words lol.

44Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
Big_Ev @DarrenDreger You're article doesn't make sense. Murray doesn't have to fire Clouston at all, his contract is done.

DarrenDreger @Big_Ev. What was that?

Them fighting words lol.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Burn!

45Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

To be honest, it does seem very strange to say you are "firing" someone who technically doesn't work for you. With the season over, and his contract up, he wasn't really obligated to the club anymore. Call it a firing, a relieving of one's duties, whatever you want to I guess, but his contract was up and they decided not to renew it.

Players don't get "fired" when they walk as UFAs. If the Sens announced to day they were "firing" Ryan Shannon, would that make sense?

46Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:23 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:To be honest, it does seem very strange to say you are "firing" someone who technically doesn't work for you. With the season over, and his contract up, he wasn't really obligated to the club anymore. Call it a firing, a relieving of one's duties, whatever you want to I guess, but his contract was up and they decided not to renew it.

Players don't get "fired" when they walk as UFAs. If the Sens announced to day they were "firing" Ryan Shannon, would that make sense?

Apparently his contract runs until June 30. If they relieved him today, he was fired.

47Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:To be honest, it does seem very strange to say you are "firing" someone who technically doesn't work for you. With the season over, and his contract up, he wasn't really obligated to the club anymore. Call it a firing, a relieving of one's duties, whatever you want to I guess, but his contract was up and they decided not to renew it.

When was his contract up though? July 1st? If you are let go before your contract... you are fired.

48Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:

Apparently his contract runs until June 30. If they relieved him today, he was fired.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum