GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Sens Next Coach

+9
tim1_2
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
Hoags
sandysensfan
NEELY
shabbs
Ev
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will be Sens head coach for the 2011-2012 season?

Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 7 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Based on his comments and Melynk's comments, it doesn't sound like Clouston will be back.

I think they'll sit down and consider all options once the season is done (like they should). CC may be back in the end.

IF they were real big on CC, they'd have extended him by now. So they're at best undecided.

17Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:34 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
Murray just found out today that he's staying on. I'm not sure that the fact that he hasn't extended CC is necessarily an indication.

They've been working on Murray's extension for a while, they just finalized it now.

Murray hasn't been acting like a GM whose time was ticking down this year at all.

He knew.

Probably. He still wouldn't hire/re-sign a coach when he isn't extended.
Agreed. Now that he's signed, the focus will be on the coach, whoever that is.

18Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

another Murray! Sarcasm

seriously with loud mouth melnyk giving us the spoilers i'd be surprised if Cameron wasn't part of the coaching staff in some capacity nest season.

Lindy Ruff? are you guys nuts? Buffalo aren't about to let him walk. i'd be on that wagon the second they let him go.

19Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think people are confusing who WILL be the next coach with who SHOULD be the next coach.

20Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:I think people are confusing who WILL be the next coach with who SHOULD be the next coach.
I did not.

21Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Personally, I'd rather keep CLouston. He's shown with this new direction he can get results with the young guys. Unless he can wrangle Cunneyworth or Muller in, stay the course. I certainly don't want Dave Cameron or some other junior coach with precisely zero NHL coaching experience.

22Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

If another rookie coach has to come in, I'd rather it be one of Muller or Cunneyworth. From what I'm hearing, Dave Cameron is just Hartsburg 2.0, and Hartsburg has more experience too.

Apparently Bingo fans hated Cameron. They started chants of 'Fire Cameron' and held banners up in protest. Pure choke job if you remember during the lockout year (incidentally last time b-sens were in the playoffs) against the penguins. Funny that Cameron was at the helm for that....and then the World Juniors gold medal game this time around Laugh1

I think those two incidents are enough for me.

23Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:48 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I think people are confusing who WILL be the next coach with who SHOULD be the next coach.

Well you never know....stranger things have happened in Ottawa. We went from so many 'sources', including senschirp saying Pierre Mcguire is gonna be our next GM, he wants it bad, melnyk likes him, yadda yadda yadda. Adding more to the fuel was the supposed public outcry and hate for Murray (see the globe and mail idiot).

Murray refused to trade heatley until heatley finally got face to face with him, at which point murray realized 'oh crap...I better trade this guy, pronto!' and an hour later announce the trade to san jose. who knows what happens when Murray finally sits down with clouston. Stranger things have happened and I wouldn't be surprised at a 2-year extension. But I can see a condition being imposed that Dave Cameron becomes one of the assistants to start....simple formula there where at the first sign of struggle, clouston gets extinguished and Cameron takes over.

The whole quenneville-savard deal in chicago comes to mind.....

24Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:If another rookie coach has to come in, I'd rather it be one of Muller or Cunneyworth. From what I'm hearing, Dave Cameron is just Hartsburg 2.0, and Hartsburg has more experience too.

Apparently Bingo fans hated Cameron. They started chants of 'Fire Cameron' and held banners up in protest. Pure choke job if you remember during the lockout year (incidentally last time b-sens were in the playoffs) against the penguins. Funny that Cameron was at the helm for that....and then the World Juniors gold medal game this time around Laugh1

I think those two incidents are enough for me.

Yeah but that's like 4 people.

25Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like it to be Muller (that's who I voted for), but I'm thinking Pierre McGuire. Just kidding. Maybe Cameron. Wait...I have no idea.

Beer

26Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:20 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Some more hate from Garrioch. I wonder if it's garrioch that clouston snapped at on thursday with the incessant 'what do you want to do next season?' cc: 'uh...coach the ottawa senators'. Next day: 'what do you want to do next season?' cc: 'you guys have interesting questions everyday, but I answered this already yesterday and if you ask me this tomorrow I'll give you the same answer: to coach the ottawa senators'

WHERE DID IT GO WRONG

ACCOUNTABILITY: This was why Clouston was hired and he didn’t live up to the billing. In Binghamton, he wasn’t regarded as a players’ coach. In fact, many couldn’t stand him and hoped he would fall flat on his face with the Senators. He didn’t, at first. Clouston held Ottawa players accountable until this season. He lost a lot of respect with his handling of Alex Kovalev. He put him on the fourth line for one shift and then immediately moved him back to the top line. At that point, Clouston’s days were likely numbered.

PERSONALITY: A coach has to have a little fun once in a while and has to have a feel for what’s happening with his players. Clouston’s decision not to allow Nick Foligno to participate in a Jan. 18 shootout with his father Mike on the Anaheim bench is a shining example of his lack of people skills. “I don’t think he does it on purpose, I just think he coaches with blinders on,” is the way one NHL executive described Clouston. Every so often you have to let the players enjoy the game. Clouston doesn’t get it.

BENCH MANAGEMENT: This is Clouston’s greatest weakness. There were too many nights he didn’t have the right people on the ice at the right times and it turned out to be costly. The Senators have led the league in “too many men on the ice” penalties and that’s a result of not getting the right message from the man behind the bench. Players have spoken privately about the fact they don’t know who is supposed to be on the ice and confusion from the man in charge.

WHAT’S NEXT FOR CLOUSTON?

He’ll likely either have to accept a position as a coach in the AHL or go back to the WHL. His chances of being an NHL assistant aren’t good, which means it’ll be back to riding the buses for Clouston.

27Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo is a RETARD.

28Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:BooBoo is a RETARD.

The too many men happened last season. This season the Sens were best in the league.

29Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=558922&navid=DL|OTT|home

OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today that the club has dismissed, effectively immediately, head coach Cory Clouston and assistant coaches Greg Carvel and Brad Lauer.

It's not Clouston

30Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:34 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

HappyDance1

31Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah just got the TSN text message as well....sad day. It makes all those Cussing media bunghole correct and a good man just lost his job today.

I guess the rumors of the coaching staff not being part of the end of year meetings was true....ridiculous. In all honesty, it changes my stance on Murray. So now we're going to get our 5th coach in 5 years.....beautiful.

32Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:37 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that's not a big surprise I guess.

Sometimes a fresh start is for the best.

33Predict the Sens Next Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ding dong Carvel is gone!

So I guess he got fired after all. I wonder if there is a severance package involved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum