GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 19, 2011

+18
CockRoche
Straight Shooter
strachattack
SDH89
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
dennycrane
garblar
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
The Silfer Server
wprager
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Hockeyhero22000
stempniaksen
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Can't see Anderson resigning before the season is done.

They'd trade him if they feel there is 0% chance of him signing here.

Hoags wrote:Can't see Anderson resigning before the season is done.

Pretty hard to get a read on that in 8 days though isn't it?

I suppose there's after the season before July 1, but the return then would be next to nothing, if that I suspect.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seemed to me when Anderson was going up and down the bench prior to overtime to pump the guys up no one was even looking at him. Did I imagine this?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Hoags wrote:Can't see Anderson resigning before the season is done.

Pretty hard to get a read on that in 8 days though isn't it?

I suppose there's after the season before July 1, but the return then would be next to nothing, if that I suspect.

It sure would; an accurate read at least. If only because Anderson should be on top of his game for a bit due to the change of scenery, making no mention of the mental boost I talked about earlier.

All this leads to another poor trade by Murray, so far IMO. But, as I said when the trade happened, I will reserve final judgement until Anderson signs his next NHL contract. So many variables right now to make a informed evaluation of the deal. A risk worth taking? Not when Lehner projects to suffer the most if all goes to hell.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Seemed to me when Anderson was going up and down the bench prior to overtime to pump the guys up no one was even looking at him. Did I imagine this?

If that happened, I missed it.

I hope you are mistaken tho'.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hemlock, your new avatar is disturbing.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Seemed to me when Anderson was going up and down the bench prior to overtime to pump the guys up no one was even looking at him. Did I imagine this?

I am pretty sure I saw them acknowledge him at least (Spezza might have looked up).

Going into a shootout for this team has to be sickening, they've never won and only scored once, can't really blame them for being down.

Anyone see their reactions after they won ? It was like they won the Cup.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:It sure would; an accurate read at least. If only because Anderson should be on top of his game for a bit due to the change of scenery, making no mention of the mental boost I talked about earlier.

All this leads to another poor trade by Murray, so far IMO. But, as I said when the trade happened, I will reserve final judgement until Anderson signs his next NHL contract. So many variables right now to make a informed evaluation of the deal. A risk worth taking? Not when Lehner projects to suffer the most if all goes to hell.

I strongly agree with those factors but also, based on memory alone, Anderson has put up similar performances to the one last night going all the way back to his days in Florida.

As I've said before, ALL goalies are a gamble. I think the top dollars they should fetch are 2nd line/ 2nd D-pairing money. Anything above that could hamstring your whole team. I'd hate to see Anderson kept around for more than a 2.5m cap number, no matter how good he looks down the stretch.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

I am pretty sure I saw them acknowledge him at least (Spezza might have looked up).

Going into a shootout for this team has to be sickening, they've never won and only scored once, can't really blame them for being down.

It was certainly all good in the end.

In spite of the "tank nation" sentiments expressed here. Losing to the Leafs is NEVER an option. I would have preferred a 10-0 massa-cree, but I'll take the win just the same.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:

I loved it, so important to.

Being a part of 1 win in 29 games, Anderson and the Sens needed that one. Whether the victory was deserved or not, it was/is imperative that losing does not become a given or something that just happens and no sleep is lost over. These youngs guys especially.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
Being a part of 1 win in 29 games, Anderson and the Sens needed that one. Whether the victory was deserved or not, it was/is imperative that losing does not become a given or something that just happens and no sleep is lost over. These youngs guys especially.

Yeah I feel bad for them losing so many in a row, especially the young guys. It just can't be any fun, what an introduction to the NHL.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Yeah I feel bad for them losing so many in a row, especially the young guys. It just can't be any fun, what an introduction to the NHL.

My heart aches for them some games.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Anderson had the best line post-game

""Statistics are like bikinis, they show a little bit but they don't show everything""

Laugh1

CockRoche wrote:Hemlock, your new avatar is disturbing.

Props to you, if you can figure out who it is. It's not just a random dude in the shower.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

It'll make them even hungrier to win IMO. It's a good thing to me, learn the pain of losing, then learn what it takes to turn it around. So many really comfortable players here in Ottawa, some of who I think forgot the pain of losing and the need to work as hard as possible to avoid it. Hence the Country Club moniker this team got.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:

Props to you, if you can figure out who it is. It's not just a random dude in the shower.

Brennan?

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Brennan?

Good god no. The guy in my avatar isn't involved in hockey in any way. He's a writer.

Hoags wrote:Anderson had the best line post-game

""Statistics are like bikinis, they show a little bit but they don't show everything""

Laugh1

hehe.

+1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum