GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 19, 2011

+18
CockRoche
Straight Shooter
strachattack
SDH89
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
dennycrane
garblar
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
The Silfer Server
wprager
Ev
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Hockeyhero22000
stempniaksen
Riprock
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Sign him now. We're gonna need games like that against our awful D/team next year.

as excited as i was to see a goalie not only make the big saves but the easy ones as well with the way our goalie luck is in ottawa i would rather wait a couple more games before signing him

Even if he busted right after signing him, it doesn't matter because we're gonna be awful next year haha Laugh1

you know what, this game gives me a good feeling. we're not going to win the cup, but we're going to be competitive. something we haven't done all year pretty much

They won a 0-0 shootout game lol. Nobody really competed on offense tonight, 22 shots is weak. You're not going to win any games if you are that poor offensively.

are you for real? you know the team we see now is not likely to be the same exact team in October right? You build a team from the net out. The most important block just showed up, the rest will follow....

I know, the team in October will likely be even worse than this team. You can compete all you want, but if you can't score you can't WIN.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

BUCKLE UP!

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Maybe the question is after watching 47 shots by a horrendous Leaf team and no goals for, why would Anderson want to stay?

He was very poised in net tonight. I had forgotten what that looked like.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:BUCKLE UP!

Laughing3 All the way!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I still can't believe how composed and aggressive he was at the same time. Right out at the top of the paint, making saves look easy, good rebound control, talking to the team, communicating with his D. So impressed! GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 19, 2011 - Page 4 235689

You know the sad part? Colorado had that kind of performance for nearly 100% of the season last year.
He's not gonna play like that for a full year but even if he is like that 50% of the time, that would be an upgrade from the last 5 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:You know the sad part? Colorado had that kind of performance for nearly 100% of the season last year.
He's not gonna play like that for a full year but even if he is like that 50% of the time, that would be an upgrade from the last 5 years.

What happened this year?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:You know the sad part? Colorado had that kind of performance for nearly 100% of the season last year.

What happened this year?

Who knows, but he needed out of there.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

A couple more games like that and they could get something nice for him at the trade deadline

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You sure his name isn't Craig Alfredsson?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:A couple more games like that and they could get something nice for him at the trade deadline

Yeah let's flip him for a 2nd round pick and run Lehner into the ground for the rest of the year Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Sign him now. We're gonna need games like that against our awful D/team next year.

as excited as i was to see a goalie not only make the big saves but the easy ones as well with the way our goalie luck is in ottawa i would rather wait a couple more games before signing him

Even if he busted right after signing him, it doesn't matter because we're gonna be awful next year haha Laugh1

you know what, this game gives me a good feeling. we're not going to win the cup, but we're going to be competitive. something we haven't done all year pretty much

They won a 0-0 shootout game lol. Nobody really competed on offense tonight, 22 shots is weak. You're not going to win any games if you are that poor offensively.

Did you seriously just say that after a win???!

Look, we all know we suck this year. Next year will be different -- yeah, I'm a fan and I'm allowed to be wrong. We'll be a fun team to watch lose, though.

I saw the last 10 minute or so of the 3rd until the end -- that was the most exciting 0-0 game I've seen in a long time. If they pay like that all the time, lose half their games and miss the playoffs, they'll still sell enough tickets to make Melnyk some money on low-cap.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Hoffman wins it with 1 second left in OT.

Hoffman. What a streak for the B-Sens' Barry Brust. Possible AHL Goalie of the Year nominee?

Goal was apparently crazier than that. According to Joy Lindsay, after the goal, they put 0.1 seconds on the clock. She said she'd never seen anybody so happy come out during when announced as the 2nd star of the game before.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Bramlet07 wrote:A couple more games like that and they could get something nice for him at the trade deadline

Yeah let's flip him for a 2nd round pick and run Lehner into the ground for the rest of the year Facepalm

Or keep him win a bunch of games and and not get a top 5 pick. If he aint signed by the deadline then i see no reason not to trade him because he wont sign here if hes a free agent.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

Look, we all know we suck this year. Next year will be different -- yeah, I'm a fan and I'm allowed to be wrong. We'll be a fun team to watch lose, though.

I saw the last 10 minute or so of the 3rd until the end -- that was the most exciting 0-0 game I've seen in a long time. If they pay like that all the time, lose half their games and miss the playoffs, they'll still sell enough tickets to make Melnyk some money on low-cap.

If they play like what? They were completely dominated the entire game. There was 1 reason why we won the game, our goalie (for a Cussing change).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bramlet07 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Or keep him win a bunch of games and and not get a top 5 pick. If he aint signed by the deadline then i see no reason not to trade him because he wont sign here if hes a free agent.

That's challenged. They aren't going to sign him before the deadline, that's in a week for crying out loud. They need a longer audition than 3 or 4 games before making him an offer.

There's no way we will NOT get a Top 3 pick, no matter how well Anderson plays.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

It was bizarre to see a goaltending performance like that in favour of Ottawa, for a change. Anderson = HappyDance1

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

If they play like what? They were completely dominated the entire game. There was 1 reason why we won the game, our goalie (for a Cussing change).

I agree with you but what a change! HappyDance1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First, let me repeat that I watched the last 10 or so minutes of the 3rd, the OT and of course the SO. *That* is the portion of the game of which I said "If they play like that..." It was exciting hockey. They were skating hard, forechecking, backchecking, finishing their checks, never coasting. To borrow a phrase from McGuire, their level of compete was something we have seen very rarely lately.

Compare this to the team we saw back in January -- the current team is missing Fisher, Alfredsson, Kelly, Campoli and Gonchar. I *expect* that team to lose, and lose a lot. But, hell, that was fun to watch. And that's all I said.

Next season we will add a healthy Alfie, Cowen, Rundblad and a top-three pick. We will lose Kovalev, one of Campoli/Lee and, hopefully, one of Kuba/Gonchar. Leclaire, too, of course. I don't think losing any of those players will reduce that level of compete -- do you? Losing Neil will hurt in that respect. There's still some hope he will stay, though

Overall, I think this will be a much more fun team to watch play, which is, really, all you need. If the fanbase sees the future is bright (Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Lehner, Landeskog?) and if the product on the ice is exciting even while not yet winning a lot, the fans will come.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum