GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick!

+31
Straight Shooter
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
Jordo
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
andyman998
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
22_4_ever
asq2
jawal
SDH89
SensFan71
tim1_2
beedub
shabbs
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
PTFlea
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 25]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

They could have squeezed a little more perhaps but I'm glad the organization did the right thing and sent him to a place where he could be happy.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:They could have squeezed a little more perhaps but I'm glad the organization did the right thing and sent him to a place where he could be happy.
We would have had to take salary coming back then... this is the ultimate. Picks only, no salary.

Hopefully the Preds crash and burn now to improve our pick.

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

This is a good deal. I like Mike Fisher and everything he's done here in Ottawa, but after watching him this season, I've seen enough.

Love that we have 2 1st rounders now, good luck in Nashville Mike.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Conditional pick is a 3rd rounder in 2012, turns into a 2nd rounder in the Preds win 2 or more playoff series.

Go PREDS!
I'd rather they start to suck... and up their 1st round pick.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
dennycrane wrote:They could have squeezed a little more perhaps but I'm glad the organization did the right thing and sent him to a place where he could be happy.
We would have had to take salary coming back then... this is the ultimate. Picks only, no salary.

Hopefully the Preds crash and burn now to improve our pick.

Do we want the Preds to crash and burn or win one series to get a 3rd in 2012 or to win more than 1 series to get a 2nd in 2012

Edit: sorry I noticed after the fact that someone else made same point

Last edited by jawal on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung. Rumour is the Sens will package that pick with Phillips to get Toronto's 1st.

Source?

Toronto is doing their best to devalue that pick lately though....

Chirp.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Holy moly.

Everyone else on that roster should be worried.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung. Rumour is the Sens will package that pick with Phillips to get Toronto's 1st.

That would be ****ing unbelievable.

EDIT:

Ahhhhh!

2nd EDIT: He's saying that's just speculation. Sad

Last edited by asq2 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2 wrote:

That would be ****ing unbelievable.

EDIT:

Ahhhhh!

Yeah. As a plus, we could go back to not cheering the Leafs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is perfect. Load up on picks this year because there was no way Ottawa was NOT going to try to make the playoffs next season.

Very aggressive turnaround strategy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As per Bobby Mac’s Twitter:

What this means to OTT fans: REBUILD! A massive, burn it to the ground rebuild. Could be year(s) before Fisher yield is in Sens' lineup.

Does that strike anyone else as a tad dramatic? “Burn it to the ground rebuild”? Probably not the best way to describe what Bryan Murray is trying to accomplish. The cap space could be easily used to sign quality FAs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Everyone else on that roster should be worried.

Yes, everyone should now be looking over their shoulder. Even Neil if he can return a solid forward prospect or late 1st round pick (I realize that's doubtful).

Neil + Nashville 1st to Florida for Booth would be nice.

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:Everyone else on that roster should be worried.

Yes, everyone should now be looking over their shoulder. Even Neil if he can return a solid forward prospect or late 1st round pick (I realize that's doubtful).

Neil + Nashville 1st to Florida for Booth would be nice.

I don't want to chance Booth's injury history, especially when it comes to concussions. He's not the same player since that Richards hit.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:As per Bobby Mac’s Twitter:

What this means to OTT fans: REBUILD! A massive, burn it to the ground rebuild. Could be year(s) before Fisher yield is in Sens' lineup.

Does that strike anyone else as a tad dramatic? “Burn it to the ground rebuild”? Probably not the best way to describe what Bryan Murray is trying to accomplish. The cap space could be easily used to sign quality FAs.

Bobby Mac spoke too quickly and I think he knows it. He of all people should realize that Fisher's importance to the organization is at an all-time low with Kelly showing that he's the real 3rd line C (unless he gets moved too lol). Heck, the way Fisher was playing, Z.Smith was about to take his job. Not good enough + 1st round pick coming back + up to 25 MILLION in cap space this summer = no brainer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
I don't want to chance Booth's injury history, especially when it comes to concussions. He's not the same player since that Richards hit.

It's a chance for sure, but he's looked great this year from what I've seen. Skilled, tough and he looks like he's over the concussion.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Already looking at players who we can snag with Nashville's pick. Would love Matt Puempel, great goal scorer.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:As per Bobby Mac’s Twitter:

Maybe but I sort of agree with the sentiment. Who is ready to step in and play as our #2 Center? We don't have one now that Fisher is gone, so the question is do they use the money from Fisher to get one off of the UFA market, or promote from within? If it's within then it's likely 2 to 3 years before we find one.

With Fisher going you are in a Burn it to the Ground mode...you've dumped a 2nd line center with no replacement and you already know there is a huge possibility that your #1 dman is going and possibly the one you just signed in the off season (Gonchar). Trade Ruutu and you've traded away 4 pieces of your current team that other than Ruutu I don't see us as having bonafide replacments for.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer an Edmonton style rebuild. Go young and save cap space for a year or two and possibly force other teams to pay through the nose for you to rescue them from their cap woes.

Love it..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum