GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick!

+31
Straight Shooter
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
Jordo
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
andyman998
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
22_4_ever
asq2
jawal
SDH89
SensFan71
tim1_2
beedub
shabbs
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
PTFlea
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 25]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
I think you still have to do your job and act like YOU will be the one going through the rebuild, even if there's a chance you won't be. If he felt that getting rid of Fisher and his contract was a good move for the future, then so be it. Murray shouldn't me making a move or not making a move based on his own contract situation.

I just think Melnyk should probably let the incoming GM make the decision on a player like Fisher. Phillips, Kuba, Kovalev, Ruutu - go ahead, but leave guys like Fisher and Gonchar etc. to the new GM.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
I guess I just didn't expect nothing in return that I can put a face to and a also a player to help Bingo - as they are sure to be ravaged for the remainder of the season - jeopardizing their playoff push.

I think you'll see an AHLer or two come back in one of the three upcoming deals for either Kovalev, Ruutu or Phillips. They sent Cowick and Hoffman to the ECHL to keep them warm while this was happening, but they got instantly recalled when O'Brien and Butler came up to Ottawa. Now Bingo will have to wait for the next player or two to come via trade IMO.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
I think you still have to do your job and act like YOU will be the one going through the rebuild, even if there's a chance you won't be. If he felt that getting rid of Fisher and his contract was a good move for the future, then so be it. Murray shouldn't me making a move or not making a move based on his own contract situation.

I just think Melnyk should probably let the incoming GM make the decision on a player like Fisher. Phillips, Kuba, Kovalev, Ruutu - go ahead, but leave guys like Fisher and Gonchar etc. to the new GM.

A new Gm would have to work with whatever Murray leaves him, just like Murray had to work with Muckler's crap.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I have always thought that Murray will be in Ottawa again next season. I'm not sure the role yet, but he will be there IMO.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I missed so many posts today, I don't think I can read them all and get caught up.

I think this calls for a multi-quote post.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:judging from the number of phone calls to the team 1200, alot of folks won't renew season tickets if Murray is still the GM. So I'm pretty sure he won't be the GM

LOL I was listening on the drive home to those idiot callers. While I don't agree with keeping Murray along, I wouldn't go that far haha.

Didn't you say you weren't gonna watch a single game? Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 12 270956

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes I did write that, but that was an SSF type post Sarcasm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:What's the condition on the 2012 pick? I had ZERO use for Fisher anymore, not hard enough to play against, not scoring, 4.2 million, the works, I'm VERY pleased right now!

Seeing Fisher not hit Stajan last night near the end of the game was fitting for the season Fisher is having. His impact this year has been nothing, but negative.

An injury has been a big part of this, but Fisher has always played hurt or been hurt.

Michallica wrote:I was kinda hoping for a solid prospect instead of conditional pick

either way, I'll judge the move later. For now, the fish has left ottawa and despite his recent struggles, we're gonna miss him for all his service these past few years. Good luck in Nashville fishy!

Great post. I think +1 is what I usually see when one agrees to a post.

shabbs wrote:Holy moly!!! It begins... and I hear the sound of 1,000's of women crying in Ottawa...

We could end up drafting twice in the top 10 if Nash finishes low enough...

Nashville must absolutely implode for that 1st to become a top 10 in the 2011 draft. I don't see it.

hemlock wrote:BOOM! Time for the Preds to tank!!!!!

Haha. One can dream.

SeawaySensFan wrote:Problem with this deal is that Ottawa gets instantly better. We basically traded Fisher AND Landeskog for a 1st.

Haha. Hilarious.

DirtyDave wrote:i love this trade

How come?

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung. Rumour is the Sens will package that pick with Phillips to get Toronto's 1st.

That would be an overpayment by us IMO. If by "that pick" you mean the 1st. I don't expect many to agree with me here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take that you Multi-Quote feature you.

No, I don't care about my post count.

Last edited by CockRoche on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:As per Bobby Mac’s Twitter:

What this means to OTT fans: REBUILD! A massive, burn it to the ground rebuild. Could be year(s) before Fisher yield is in Sens' lineup.
Does that strike anyone else as a tad dramatic? “Burn it to the ground rebuild”? Probably not the best way to describe what Bryan Murray is trying to accomplish. The cap space could be easily used to sign quality FAs.

I just said precisely the same thing.

I was shocked to see two faceless assets coming back for Fisher. I was happy with the 1st rounder, but expected a prospect back; especially since it was Nashville as the Sens trading partner - lots of assets to choose from there.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
dennycrane wrote:They could have squeezed a little more perhaps but I'm glad the organization did the right thing and sent him to a place where he could be happy.
We would have had to take salary coming back then... this is the ultimate. Picks only, no salary.

Hopefully the Preds crash and burn now to improve our pick.

Haha. I think I just counted 5 posts in row from you hoping for Nashville to implode.

Last edited by CockRoche on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:Everyone else on that roster should be worried.

Yes, everyone should now be looking over their shoulder. Even Neil if he can return a solid forward prospect or late 1st round pick (I realize that's doubtful).

Neil + Nashville 1st to Florida for Booth would be nice.

Puking2

You shouldn't drink throughout the day. Experts say it may lead to addiction.

That is one of the worst proposals I have read on here and that is saying a lot.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

As I understand it, there is no pick if Nashville misses the playoffs or loses in the first round. Am I right?

From the Sun:

The conditional pick is Nashville’s third-round selection if the Predators win one round in the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and turns into a second-rounder in 2012 if the team wins two-or-more rounds.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:Take that you Multi-Quote feature you.

No, I don't care about my post count.
You missed quoting the most important quote of them all... THIS:

shabbs wrote:Fish to Trotz: "The Fish wants to know what the Diddle is up with your neck? The Fish can't see where your head ends and your shoulders start. The Fish thinks that's weird. The Fish will play on the top line now."

Hellz yeah.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:
shabbs wrote:Holy moly!!! It begins... and I hear the sound of 1,000's of women crying in Ottawa...

We could end up drafting twice in the top 10 if Nash finishes low enough...
If you think Nashville finishes that low, than you haven't seen them play much this season. No matter how Fisher has played this season in Ottawa, he is an upgrade for Nashville and puts some Preds players in better spots.

Nashville will improve and so will Fisher.
Yeah, I know. Dare to dream...

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:I don't want to chance Booth's injury history, especially when it comes to concussions. He's not the same player since that Richards hit.

+1. Booth should have a "buyer beware" sticker on his price tag.

SpezDispenser wrote:

What this means to OTT fans: REBUILD! A massive, burn it to the ground rebuild. Could be year(s) before Fisher yield is in Sens' lineup.

Does that strike anyone else as a tad dramatic? “Burn it to the ground rebuild”? Probably not the best way to describe what Bryan Murray is trying to accomplish. The cap space could be easily used to sign quality FAs.

Bobby Mac spoke too quickly and I think he knows it. He of all people should realize that Fisher's importance to the organization is at an all-time low with Kelly showing that he's the real 3rd line C (unless he gets moved too lol). Heck, the way Fisher was playing, Z.Smith was about to take his job. Not good enough + 1st round pick coming back + up to 25 MILLION in cap space this summer = no brainer.

Meh, just looking at this trade as a seperate entity; a longer rebuild seems likely.

The good thing is we still have Phillips, Kovalev, Ruutu, Gonchar and Kuba to deal.

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
I don't want to chance Booth's injury history, especially when it comes to concussions. He's not the same player since that Richards hit.

It's a chance for sure, but he's looked great this year from what I've seen. Skilled, tough and he looks like he's over the concussion.

Ottawa can't afford to take a chance on the health of players. Injuries decimated some recent playoff success. Repetitive injuries to Alfie, Michalek, Kuba, Fisher, Spezza, Hasek, Cheechoo, I'm probably missing some, have hurt the Sens chances.

Let's start going after warriors with a clean bill of health. I can name five or six players for you if you want that fit that mold, but you know who they are too.

22_4_ever wrote:

Maybe but I sort of agree with the sentiment. Who is ready to step in and play as our #2 Center? We don't have one now that Fisher is gone, so the question is do they use the money from Fisher to get one off of the UFA market, or promote from within? If it's within then it's likely 2 to 3 years before we find one.

With Fisher going you are in a Burn it to the Ground mode...you've dumped a 2nd line center with no replacement and you already know there is a huge possibility that your #1 dman is going and possibly the one you just signed in the off season (Gonchar). Trade Ruutu and you've traded away 4 pieces of your current team that other than Ruutu I don't see us as having bonafide replacments for.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer an Edmonton style rebuild. Go young and save cap space for a year or two and possibly force other teams to pay through the nose for you to rescue them from their cap woes.

Love it..

+1 again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:
shabbs wrote:
dennycrane wrote:They could have squeezed a little more perhaps but I'm glad the organization did the right thing and sent him to a place where he could be happy.
We would have had to take salary coming back then... this is the ultimate. Picks only, no salary.

Hopefully the Preds crash and burn now to improve our pick.

Haha. I think I just counted 5 posts in row from you hoping for Nashville to implode.

It would be nice; but I can't see it happening.
Dare to dream...

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:As I understand it, there is no pick if Nashville misses the playoffs or loses in the first round. Am I right?

From the Sun:

The conditional pick is Nashville’s third-round selection if the Predators win one round in the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and turns into a second-rounder in 2012 if the team wins two-or-more rounds.

Yuck. Not a fan of this trade, the more I delve into it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:
dennycrane wrote:As I understand it, there is no pick if Nashville misses the playoffs or loses in the first round. Am I right?

From the Sun:

Yuck. Not a fan of this trade, the more I delve into it.
Yeah... that does suck a bit more... was hoping the conditional was at minimum a 3rd rounder no matter what.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum