GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+31
Oglethorpe
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
SensFan71
dennycrane
sandysensfan
22_4_ever
stempniaksen
SDH89
The Silfer Server
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hoags
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
spader
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
CockRoche
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

When will Forsberg make his return?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think it changes much because NBC and Versus are owned by the same company now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:If McGuire's pursuing another broadcasting gig, I guess that would quash any GM talks.

I dunno...apparently he wants a GM position badly. Perhaps he was told 'no' by Melnyk?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:If McGuire's pursuing another broadcasting gig, I guess that would quash any GM talks.

I dunno...apparently he wants a GM position badly. Perhaps he was told 'no' by Melnyk?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I want that GM job badly too. I promise to consult my board of trustees at GMhockey.com before making any moves. General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 4 54934

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I'm watching the Superbowl Sunday matinee NHL game between the Devils and Canadiens and Brodeur seemed to tweak his right knee trying to adjust his position near the end of the 1st frame.

He was trying to stretch it out and slowly test his range of motion and I figured he wouldn't come out for the 2nd period.

I flipped channels, turned back to the game just now and see Hedberg in the net.

New Jersey is holding a 3-1 lead in the third.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

kuklaskorner
Kukla's Korner .com
RT @Ledger_NJDevils: Martin Brodeur just told me it's not a bruise. "No. I just tweaked my knee a little bit. I'll be OK," he said.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:kuklaskorner
Kukla's Korner .com
RT @Ledger_NJDevils: Martin Brodeur just told me it's not a bruise. "No. I just tweaked my knee a little bit. I'll be OK," he said.

Good. that is what it looked like to me too. When he was stretching and testing it out afterwards, he still had side-to-side strength and mobility as well as front to back. I wasn't to worried and figured he would take a seat for the rest of the game, just because.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

New Jersey won and Ottawa fell to 28th place in the standings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I don't think it changes much because NBC and Versus are owned by the same company now.

NBC is taking over, though, and they are doing a bit of an overhaul. The guy who produced the Winter Classic(s?) for NBC is now in charge and there are going to be changes. There were rumours of fairly extensive layoffs (47? that's quite a bit for a small outfit), but those were denied.

Anyhow, this won't make any difference for us other than (possibly) taking McGuire off the market as a potential future GM.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brodeur apparently has a bruise.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:I'm watching the Superbowl Sunday matinee NHL game between the Devils and Canadiens and Brodeur seemed to tweak his right knee trying to adjust his position near the end of the 1st frame.

He was trying to stretch it out and slowly test his range of motion and I figured he wouldn't come out for the 2nd period.

I flipped channels, turned back to the game just now and see Hedberg in the net.

funny the NBC matinee game here was the Penguins vs the Capitals. speculation in that game is that Pittsburgh need to find a Centre before the playoff if Malkin is toast....

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I'm watching the Superbowl Sunday matinee NHL game between the Devils and Canadiens and Brodeur seemed to tweak his right knee trying to adjust his position near the end of the 1st frame.

funny the NBC matinee game here was the Penguins vs the Capitals. speculation in that game is that Pittsburgh need to find a Centre before the playoff if Malkin is toast....

Yeah, I heard that too; that was the early matinee game.

Pittsburgh likes making moves, so who knows?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

If the Bruins put Savard on LTIR and he is done for the season, Boston will be able to go over the cap by roughly $4,000,000.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:If the Bruins put Savard on LTIR and he is done for the season, Boston will be able to go over the cap by roughly $4,000,000.

Is that 4m prorated ?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What could we get from Chiarelli for Fisher? What would we have to add for Toronto's 1st?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Phillips + Fisher for a 1st....

Not a huge stretch when Kimmo Timmonen and Scott Hartnell combined to fetch Nashville their 1st round pick back. Both were unsigned UFAs. In this case Boston gets a pending UFA (CP4) and Fisher (2 more years). Timmonen > Phillips and Hartnell is arguably a better scorer than Fisher, and more consistently so. And Nashville's 1st was the 23rd overall, which would mean Boston's 1st is the most likely one they would trade. I cannot see them trading TOR's 1st (who would?) unless getting a guy drafted in the top 5 last year, or one of the top draft picks/prospects in the league). It would honestly have to be similar to the Rundblad trade, but better. Basically, you would have to blow Chiarelli's socks off, and that would mean Crosby, Ovechkin, Toews, Kane, Backstrom, etc etc.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston *needs* a center, and does Pittsburgh. Not the same situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum