GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How would you improve the All-Star game?

+14
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
asq2
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
spader
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
22_4_ever
CockRoche
Riprock
tim1_2
Ev
SensHulk
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

How hard did Kessel try to be picked last?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:It would be 30 players, likely per event. There's the slight possibility that one player represents their team in more than one event, but not likely.

You could run two shooters simultaneously, which should be no more than 15 minutes per event.

I just want to know who is the fastest skater in the NHL and who has the hardest shot in the NHL.

I think Chara still has the hardest shot. Fisher has a good wrister, though. Maybe they should do both.

But as for getting 30 players in for each event, forget it. They'd have to have each team hold their own competitions (most already do, I think), and then do a per-Division competition leading to the break. Then each Division would send its reps to the ASWE.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:It would be 30 players, likely per event. There's the slight possibility that one player represents their team in more than one event, but not likely.

You could run two shooters simultaneously, which should be no more than 15 minutes per event.

I just want to know who is the fastest skater in the NHL and who has the hardest shot in the NHL.

Faster skater I have ever seen is Geoff Sanderson.

How do you want that competition to be performed? Do you want them to do a lap around the rink without the puck like they do right now? Do you like that style or test? What does it really prove for the speed you need in the game of hockey?

I think Mason Raymond and/or Andrew Cogliano are the fastest in the league right now.

Hardest shot IMO, goes to Chara either way you slice it. If Al MacInnis was still in the league, I don't care what the radar gun says, he has the hardest and heaviest slapshot in the world.

Last edited by CockRoche on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I wanna know who has the hardest wrist shot

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:I wanna know who has the hardest wrist shot

That would be nice to know it just won't have the same fan appeal.

Wrister and not snapper?

IMO, we have two of the best. Fisher and Kovalev. From there, add in Ovechkin and Jeff Carter and you have my top 4.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:

Wrister and not snapper?

IMO, we have two of the best. Fisher and Kovalev. From there, add in Ovechkin and Jeff Carter and you have my top 4.

Honestly if Ovie is in the conversation then Semin has to be too. Ovie has a quicker release but Semin has a bomb of a wrister, arguably a better overall shot than Ovechkin as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:

Wrister and not snapper?

Kovalev? Hmmm...haven't seen a hard wrister from Kovalev in years. He's out.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Wrister and not snapper?

Honestly if Ovie is in the conversation then Semin has to be too. Ovie has a quicker release but Semin has a bomb of a wrister, arguably a better overall shot than Ovechkin as well.

I thought of Semin for sure. I just don't think it would be as heavy a shot as the four players I mentioned. Semin's would be fast and hard; just not heavy IMO.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Wrister and not snapper?

Kovalev? Hmmm...haven't seen a hard wrister from Kovalev in years. He's out.

Just because he has transformed his game and become a complete player; doesn't mean his shot has magically disappeared. Haha.

You are right; take him off my list. He doesn't deserve to be on any top four list of quality skills anymore.

As frustrating as we knew he was when we signed him; he still frustrates me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Check out Getzlaf's wrister. His is sick.

Kovalchuk (pre-NJ) also has an amzing wrister. He always used to come in and just snap it right past the goalie, glove-side. They had no chance to save it.

I saw this Dung live when it happened (on TV). Not his greatest wrister (still sweet), but I just felt like showing this amazing goal. One of my favourite goals ever.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Check out Getzlaf's wrister. His is sick.

Kovalchuk (pre-NJ) also has an amzing wrister. He always used to come in and just snap it right past the goalie, glove-side. [1]They had no chance to save it.

Oh ya, Getzlaf takes Kovalev's spot, without a doubt.

Kovalchuk looks like he has a good one too.

Every goalie has a chance to stop every shot; in their mind at least.

[1]In all honesty, the closest goal that I have seen to being unstoppable was Grabovski's take on the spin-o-rama. The thing with that is, that will be a tough move for him to continue to pull off now that goalies have seen it. But the original would have been as close to unstoppable as a goalie will ever admit to.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:I saw this Dung live when it happened (on TV). Not his greatest wrister (still sweet), but I just felt like showing this amazing goal. One of my favourite goals ever.

Great goal. But, I consider that a snap shot.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah it's a snap shot. Just wanted to show the goal haha.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Yeah it's a snap shot. Just wanted to show the goal haha.

Haha. I didn't mean to be so picky with your words. I just got done talking with Wprager and he must have rubbed off on me. Haha.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Loony

A little wprager rubbing off on you is not such a bad thing. Or so I've been told.

You still haven't explained (from the other thread) how you can post a rumour/prediction, and then three posts later claim how you're not interested in either. So why post it? I realize SSF was asking for it, but you could have easily ignored him (he's just flufing, not really expecting any rumours) or told him that rumours don't interest you.

P.S. Yeah, I'm fluffing. Wanna do something about it?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote: Loony

A little wprager rubbing off on you is not such a bad thing. Or so I've been told.

You still haven't explained (from the other thread) how you can post a rumour/prediction, and then three posts later claim how you're not interested in either. So why post it? I realize SSF was asking for it, but you could have easily ignored him (he's just flufing, not really expecting any rumours) or told him that rumours don't interest you.

P.S. Yeah, I'm fluffing. Wanna do something about it?

Fluffing. That was the word I was looking for, but I couldn't remember that word for the life of me.

I actually did answer it, but IIRC all I said was, "exactly". That was my way of "fluffing" for once and so was the stupid rumour/prediction that I posted.

BTW, you spelled fluffing wrong. I bolded it for you and for the world to see. Feels good doesn't it?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fluffing?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Check out Getzlaf's wrister. His is sick.

Kovalchuk (pre-NJ) also has an amzing wrister. He always used to come in and just snap it right past the goalie, glove-side. They had no chance to save it.

I saw this Dung live when it happened (on TV). Not his greatest wrister (still sweet), but I just felt like showing this amazing goal. One of my favourite goals ever.

If you're gonna show a video like that then I've gotta toss some love my boy's way.

EDIT: And I can't embed the video to save my life.

Eerily similar, thing of beauty in both cases for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum