GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Jan. 8 2011

+10
LethalLehner
Ev
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SDH89
shabbs
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Problem with calling up a lot of players is that you take away players from Bingo. While I understand the need at times, there's not so much a need unless injuries occur.

And if Ottawa starts trading away players at the deadline, they will need to get a few bodies back to replace either the spot left vacant at the NHL level or in the AHL when they call someone up.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it's clear we need some young budding forwards to replace this ageing lot. i can't wait for the trade deadline. it's gotten more exciting to me then watching a game.
i saw quite a few nice plays from regin last night but no one to e on the receiving end.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I think the most frustrating part, and it's been echoed many times, is that there's no sense of direction. The management is still pretty much saying that we're trying to make the playoffs, so when they lose the way they do, it's just hair-pulling frustration Frustrated2

I cam understand that though because it's not like the devils, oilers, leafs have come out and said that they're changing things and looking to next year. But I'd really like Bryan Murray to make a decision on his future already, and start searching for a replacement. It really is time for a new era

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Here's why it is probably happening.

Melnyk, the "boss", wants to see his investment pay off, and to do so, they have to make the playoffs.

Murray, may or may not have much authority to make moves he feels he needs to make, being restricted by Melnyk (perhaps). His hands could very well be tied.

Clouston can only do so much and work with what he is given. Losing to the champs and Tampa by a single goal, and taking the Hawks to a shootout, is pretty good to say the least.

So Melnyk needs to recognize that the team, as it is, is not good enough to compete and there are two options: 1) rebuild, or 2) try to make it to the 1st round of the playoffs where it is very likely they will lose.

The fans are blaming everyone from players, to the coach, to the GM, and even the owner. I think they are tired of supporting a team that continues to stay the same, which is a first round loser.

Melnyk needs to either accept the loss for a few years until the team can compete again, or sell. Fans will support a fun product, but I think they will lose interest very quickly if they keep playing the way they are.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The opportunity is there though for a very quick turn around. The lineup already on paper should be considered playoff worthy. It's taken some unbelievably Dung performances from michalek, spezza, regin, foligno, gonchar, Phillips, Elliott/leclaire, kuba, and of course, kovalev that has set this team in the position that it's in. It's sad to think how much so many players have underperformed...very disappointing. Regin still only has one goal...

I hope melnyk knows he's not going to bring Murray back as gm and starts planning properly...the playoffs are just not looking likely. It's time to let Murray have a say in the future and pick the proper replacement...do I really want Murray trading our players if he won't be around? Nope.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:From the presser, it sounded like Clouston had no idea as to when he'll be back or what was wrong.

Donkey rodeo.

Sounds like Kuba, last year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:we are going to get so pounded tonight...

GO SENS GO!

I was expecting this myself last night, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw the final score. When the master of ceremonies announced that the score (at the time) was 0-0 I quietly let out a little "Yea!'

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:@Ian Mendes
Clouston felt the team played well enough to earn the 4 points this weekend. Thought they deserved better fate.

Clouston liked the effort, but on the lack of scoring he said "You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes you can't make him drink."

Some might argue he doesn't have the horses.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:The big question: does Clouston get canned?

Dunno, they can't score - is that on him?

no, it's certainly not on him, but.........

Some things are on him, even if indirectly. We have (well, had, at one point) Spezza, Kovalev, Alfredsson, Gonchar and Karlsson and out PP stunk (it's a little better now but with those players it should be top-five if not top-three. Clouston may not be the PP coach but he *is* the head coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum