GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Jan. 8 2011

+10
LethalLehner
Ev
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SDH89
shabbs
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:If Fisher is hurt, can we have Greening or Condra - or someone fun? Thanks.

Every Locke has it's key

Is anyone clear on Locke's status? Does he have to clear waivers to go back down?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:If Fisher is hurt, can we have Greening or Condra - or someone fun? Thanks.

How about both. Add in Butler & Locke as well. Sit the underperforming players and let these young guys go to it.
It makes no sense now to make a 'run' at the playoffs. Double digits out now with the Mtl win tonight (curse them) and Sens loss.

Send back Lehner to play in Bingo -- he needs some games down there. Bring up Brodeur he was last night & tonight.. so looks like his 'game' is back. Let him play in Ottawa. Shut down Leclaire for the rest of the year... his injuries are getting pretty ridiculous.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:From the presser, it sounded like Clouston had no idea as to when he'll be back or what was wrong.

Donkey rodeo.

Not sure if you saw my post from last week sometime but in it I mentioned that Leclaire is not only injury prone, but he is as soft as they come. He is unwilling to play through any discomfort; no matter how small.

It is a bad combination.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Dash wrote:Is there any way that the Sens can shut down Leclaire for the rest of the season and thus the remainder of his contract?
LTIR would be the only option, and I think doctor's would have to declare him unable to play etc...

Unable to play for 24 calendar days and 10 games. The Sens are getting close to having that option available; if they choose to use it, is another question entirely.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:On the plus side, I get to go from watching...um...that...to watching Wings - Nucks. Cool

It'll be all the sweeter for it.

Anyone else watch that game? I thought it was pretty awesome, although the shoot-out is an anti-climactic finish. The league needs a "well, this feels like more than a run-of-the-mill regular season game so let's let them keep playing in OT and then find a way to give them a day off or something to recuperate" rule.

I'll also point out the starting line-up for the Canucks and Wings for the over-time (of course, the Wings were missing Datsyuk, Cleary and Stuart):
Zetterberg (Swedish)
Franzen (Swedish)
Lidstrom (Swedish)
Kronwall (Swedish)
H. Sedin (Swedish)
D. Sedin (Swedish)
Edler (Swedish)
Ehrhoff (German)

Evidently the Sens need some more Germans. Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that was a really good game to watch.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
asq2 wrote:On the plus side, I get to go from watching...um...that...to watching Wings - Nucks. Cool

It'll be all the sweeter for it.

Anyone else watch that game? I thought it was pretty awesome, although the shoot-out is an anti-climactic finish. The league needs a "well, this feels like more than a run-of-the-mill regular season game so let's let them keep playing in OT and then find a way to give them a day off or something to recuperate" rule.

A game as good as that one does indeed get ruined by the shootout.

Did you see all the game-savers by Howard?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

CBC is playing the Ottawa game right now for those that missed it - and are still up, haha.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:
shabbs wrote:From the presser, it sounded like Clouston had no idea as to when he'll be back or what was wrong.

Donkey rodeo.

Not sure if you saw my post from last week sometime but in it I mentioned that Leclaire is not only injury prone, but he is as soft as they come. He is unwilling to play through any discomfort; no matter how small.

It is a bad combination.
Yeah, this is turning into a pretty ridiculous situation. I can only imagine how frustrated Clouston is as well as the players.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is getting tired...
- inability to finish
- turnovers costing us
- not playing a full 60 mins

Sigh...

We have lost every game since Spezza was injured. 5 in a row (1 in OT, and 1 in a SO).

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:This is getting tired...
- inability to finish
- turnovers costing us
- not playing a full 60 mins

Sigh...

We have lost every game since Spezza was injured. 5 in a row (1 in OT, and 1 in a SO).

In one of my very few prognosticating posts, I thought Ottawa would go 5-10-1 during the course of Spezza's latest injury. Anything can happen; but it is starting to look like I was a bit too much of a fan with that prediction, no matter how underwhelming it was.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, this is not looking good at all.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Yeah, this is not looking good at all.

The product on the ice, nope.

The free-fall in the standings...depends how you want to look at that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, this is not looking good at all.

The product on the ice, nope.

The free-fall in the standings...depends how you want to look at that.
Yeah, mixed emotions for sure...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Karlsson with 25:28 TOI last night to lead all players.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Problem with calling up a lot of players is that you take away players from Bingo. While I understand the need at times, there's not so much a need unless injuries occur.

And if Ottawa starts trading away players at the deadline, they will need to get a few bodies back to replace either the spot left vacant at the NHL level or in the AHL when they call someone up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it's clear we need some young budding forwards to replace this ageing lot. i can't wait for the trade deadline. it's gotten more exciting to me then watching a game.
i saw quite a few nice plays from regin last night but no one to e on the receiving end.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think the most frustrating part, and it's been echoed many times, is that there's no sense of direction. The management is still pretty much saying that we're trying to make the playoffs, so when they lose the way they do, it's just hair-pulling frustration Frustrated2

I cam understand that though because it's not like the devils, oilers, leafs have come out and said that they're changing things and looking to next year. But I'd really like Bryan Murray to make a decision on his future already, and start searching for a replacement. It really is time for a new era

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum