GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Best on the planet

+9
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
Hoags
PTFlea
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
CockRoche
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

When somebody asks you who you think is the best player in NHL, do you acknowledge that Crosby is the best player on the planet today?

POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Vote_lcap288%POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 88% [ 21 ]
POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Vote_lcap212%POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I think maybe Ovechkin is more talented, some of the goals he has scored over the years, I'm not sure anyone else could have pulled that off.

Crosby is a better player though, I've read that if Ovechkin worked as hard as Crosby he'd be just as good, he'll never hit his full potential the way he is now.

I'm not even sure if Ovechkin is more talented anymore, I know I used to think he was. Ovechkin can score prettier goals, that is about it.

17POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Sid's scored some pretty nifty ones too.

18POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Sid's scored some pretty nifty ones too.

I agree. Maybe more "dynamic" is the word I am looking for in describing Ovechkin over Crosby.

I don't know. All I know is Crosby is better, much better.

19POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I voted yes - he is the best. I may not like him all the time, especially against Ottawa, and I think the point streak is a piss off considering I don't think he deserved it vs. Ottawa.

I do acknowledge his skill and ability.

20POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:47 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I voted yes - he is the best. I may not like him all the time, especially against Ottawa, and I think the point streak is a piss off considering I don't think he deserved it vs. Ottawa.

I think the one good thing about that is - and I'm not sure if there is any way of finding this out - but I believe it could be safe to say that Crosby struggles against Ottawa more than any other team in the league.

21POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
Dash wrote:I voted yes - he is the best. I may not like him all the time, especially against Ottawa, and I think the point streak is a piss off considering I don't think he deserved it vs. Ottawa.

I think the one good thing about that is - and I'm not sure if there is any way of finding this out - but I believe it could be safe to say that Crosby struggles against Ottawa more than any other team in the league.

That's what Dean Brown usually says before Crosby scores vs. Ottawa. Dancing

22POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He has 4 goals and 13 assists in 20 games against Ottawa.

2 goals and -5 in 5 games against Vancouver.

19 points in 20 games against Tampa Bay.

5 points in 6 games against Detroit.

5 points in 5 games against Anaheim.

Only 1 assist in 4 games against San Jose.

4 assists in 5 games against St. Louis.

23POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:05 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cool stats Big Ev.

San Jose, Vancouver and then Ottawa I would say.

Thanks for the stats, where do you find something like that?

24POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3737/splits;_ylt=AorI6sqjH0QatRedYMtVlyLCfgM6?year=career

These are all his split stats since 1989 (obviously he was not in the game then, but you can use this for any player on Yahoo! and I assume other sites as well).

By the way, him and Ovie are both at 571 points in their career (Crosby has less games played).

25POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:27 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3737/splits;_ylt=AorI6sqjH0QatRedYMtVlyLCfgM6?year=career

These are all his split stats since 1989 (obviously he was not in the game then, but you can use this for any player on Yahoo! and I assume other sites as well).

By the way, him and Ovie are both at 571 points in their career (Crosby has less games played).

Thank you, that is an informative website.

Crosby and Ovechkin are tied, who knew? Other than you of course.

26POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I voted No. I think Lidstrom is better, and my argument is that I prefer defensemen POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 270956

Seriously though, Defensemen's production don't always show on the statssheets and it makes them overlooked.

27POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

That's what Dean Brown usually says before Crosby scores vs. Ottawa. Dancing

He sure says it a lot then doesn't he - A WHOLE 4 times now.

- Unknown Author

28POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can I add an option to the poll that reads: "I abstain because I still can't stand the little fat-lipped momma's boy"?

29POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

No question. if someone asks me who is the best player in the world, I tell them Sid the Kid.

30POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:17 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I voted No. I think Lidstrom is better, and my argument is that I prefer defensemen POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 270956

Seriously though, Defensemen's production don't always show on the statssheets and it makes them overlooked.

Haha. Swimming against the current, nice.

Nothing I can say, I can't argue with that. Who is the second best hockey player on the planet?

31POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
marakh wrote:I voted No. I think Lidstrom is better, and my argument is that I prefer defensemen POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 270956

Nothing I can say, I can't argue with that. Who is the second best hockey player on the planet?

I say best Forward is Sid, best D is Lidstrom, and I'll stop there POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 54934

32POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

I say best Forward is Sid, best D is Lidstrom, and I'll stop there POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 54934

Haha. I feel better.

33POLL: Best on the planet - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:17 am

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I hate to say it, but hats off to Crosby. Can't even deny it anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum