GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Best on the planet

+9
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
Hoags
PTFlea
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
CockRoche
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

When somebody asks you who you think is the best player in NHL, do you acknowledge that Crosby is the best player on the planet today?

POLL: Best on the planet Vote_lcap288%POLL: Best on the planet Vote_rcap2 88% [ 21 ]
POLL: Best on the planet Vote_lcap212%POLL: Best on the planet Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1POLL: Best on the planet Empty POLL: Best on the planet Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

If no, why not?

2POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 pm

I voted yes. Right now, noone touches him imo. He's carrying that team, despite the fact that the other near $9 million man is underacheiving. Plus, he has no wingers to write home about.

He does it all, even dropping the gloves (no heavyweights, but it's more the gesture that he'll do it as the captain). He's also underrated defensively.

Like I said in another thread, Crosby already has more goals (30) before tonight's game than Ovechkin is on pace for this season (28). Almost certainly won't happen but hat's pretty ridiculous.

3POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:03 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:I voted yes. Right now, noone touches him imo. He's carrying that team, despite the fact that the other near $9 million man is underacheiving. Plus, he has no wingers to write home about.

He does it all, even dropping the gloves (no heavyweights, but it's more the gesture that he'll do it as the captain). He's also underrated defensively.

Like I said in another thread, Crosby already has more goals (30) before tonight's game than Ovechkin is on pace for this season (28). Almost certainly won't happen but hat's pretty ridiculous.

I agree. And I really can't say anything bad about him. On the other hand, I could go on forever about what a great player he is.

All this is coming from a guy (me) that actually despised Crosby when he came into the league. He made me do a 180.

4POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 pm

CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:I voted yes. Right now, noone touches him imo. He's carrying that team, despite the fact that the other near $9 million man is underacheiving. Plus, he has no wingers to write home about.

I agree. And I really can't say anything bad about him. On the other hand, I could go on forever about what a great player he is.

All this is coming from a guy (me) that actually despised Crosby when he came into the league. He made me do a 180.

Me too. His first year and a bit was non-stop whining and that drove me crazy. He's not nearly the complainer he once was and has worked his Donkey off to become a more well rounded player.

I'm just enjoying this streak he's on. These kinds of streaks come around at a rate of one a decade it seems. And he's doing it in style: Of the 25 games in this streak, he's scored in 18 of them, and only 6 of these 25 games was he held to a single assist. This isn't squeaking by on secondary assists, he's singlehandedly carrying this team nearly every night.

5POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I remember when this was a hot topic and a lot of people felt Ovechkin was the better player. It's pretty clear that Crosby is the man right now.

BTW, at the time I said they were about equal and it depended on the type of player you wanted on your team but clearly Crosby is the best at the moment.

- Unknown Author

6POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Me too. His first year and a bit was non-stop whining and that drove me crazy. He's not nearly the complainer he once was and has worked his Donkey off to become a more well rounded player.

I'm just enjoying this streak he's on. These kinds of streaks come around at a rate of one a decade it seems. And he's doing it in style: Of the 25 games in this streak, he's scored in 18 of them, and only 6 of these 25 games was he held to a single assist. This isn't squeaking by on secondary assists, he's singlehandedly carrying this team nearly every night.

The goal he scored on Ottawa to extend his streak was squeaking one by IMO. It was a very sharp angle shot that Elliott probably should have had but I do see your point.

- Unknown Author

7POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I voted YES. But I think he wouldn't be the same player if he wasn't drafted by Pittsburgh. The mentoring received by #66 is the untold back story that really helped #87 be the player he is today.

8POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I voted YES. But I think he wouldn't be the same player if he wasn't drafted by Pittsburgh. The mentoring received by #66 is the untold back story that really helped #87 be the player he is today.

Very good point. I think Crosby would still have gotten there but Mario helped accelerate the process.

- Unknown Author

9POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I voted YES. But I think he wouldn't be the same player if he wasn't drafted by Pittsburgh. The mentoring received by #66 is the untold back story that really helped #87 be the player he is today.

Nah I think he would be the same player. He just works his Donkey off and is supremely talented, Mario or not.

10POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Easily. I don't think it's close at all anymore.

11POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:36 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

It's refreshing to see we can put our biases aside and acknowledge greatness when it is in front of us.

12POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think maybe Ovechkin is more talented, some of the goals he has scored over the years, I'm not sure anyone else could have pulled that off.

Crosby is a better player though, I've read that if Ovechkin worked as hard as Crosby he'd be just as good, he'll never hit his full potential the way he is now.

13POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I think maybe Ovechkin is more talented, some of the goals he has scored over the years, I'm not sure anyone else could have pulled that off.

Crosby is a better player though, I've read that if Ovechkin worked as hard as Crosby he'd be just as good, he'll never hit his full potential the way he is now.

I'm not even sure if Ovechkin is more talented anymore, I know I used to think he was. Ovechkin can score prettier goals, that is about it.

14POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sid's scored some pretty nifty ones too.

15POLL: Best on the planet Empty Re: POLL: Best on the planet Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Sid's scored some pretty nifty ones too.

I agree. Maybe more "dynamic" is the word I am looking for in describing Ovechkin over Crosby.

I don't know. All I know is Crosby is better, much better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum