GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010-11 WJC Discussion Thread

+25
dennycrane
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
Hoags
strachattack
Bramlet07
top shelf15
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
CockRoche
dawg's wife
rooneypoo
shabbs
SDH89
Ev
LeCaptain
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
jawal
stempniaksen
wprager
sens4win
SensHulk
Riprock
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 23]

1512010-11 WJC Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010-11 WJC Discussion Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:51 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How was Cowen last night? SG11 says he was very good and I like the sound of that. Other opinions?

1522010-11 WJC Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010-11 WJC Discussion Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am

strachattack

Rookie
Rookie

Well, McGuire highlighted Cowen's play at one point in the game showing some highlights of him taking out Swedes in the d-zone and winning puck battles and making solid outlet passes out of the zone. Later in the game he was harsh on Cowen and his partner for "watching the puck" when it lead to Swedish goal.

IMHO Cowen has looked good and he looked good again yesterday. He's never looked perfect to me though. Sometimes he doesn't clear the zone that well and it's lead to the odd nasty turn over. Some have said his game will translate better to the pros but I have no clue. I've been impressed but not blown away. I'm really not one to judge though.

1532010-11 WJC Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010-11 WJC Discussion Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:36 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I can't type when my eyes are so focused on this game. I have many thoughts on Lehner and will type something up when I get some time tomorrow.

Good or bad?

Both. Call it a scouting report of sorts.

Unbelievable! I just lost everything I was about to post. Time to start all over - see you in an hour.

1542010-11 WJC Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010-11 WJC Discussion Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Damn.... I was looking forward to reading it Facepalm

Word of advice, text or word document lol.... type it up there just in case the browser crashes

1552010-11 WJC Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2010-11 WJC Discussion Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I can't type when my eyes are so focused on this game. I have many thoughts on Lehner and will type something up when I get some time tomorrow.

Good or bad?

Both. Call it a scouting report of sorts.

Round two.

I think we can all admit that Lehner did not have a great game yesterday so take that into account here.

I have been tracking Lehner's progression for as long he has been Ottawa Senator property. I want to see improvements and I want to see more confidence from the player that Ottawa has their entire future riding on.

In order for me to share my thoughts with you, you need to see early video of Lehner so you can see where I am coming from in my assessment.