GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2010 WJC Thread

+15
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
wprager
TheAvatar
beedub
SeawaySensFan
PKC
caissie_1
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Riprock
PTFlea
asq2
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 30]

1The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty The Official 2010 WJC Thread Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Team Sweden was announced today:

No Lehner, GTFO The Official 2010 WJC Thread 555492

G
Markström
Nilsson

D
Kilström
Rundblad
Erixon
Ekman-larrson
Adam Larsson
Ekholm
Karlsson (depending on Ottawa management)

F
Tedenby
Josefsson
Päjäärvi
Lander
Brodin
Klingberg
Johansson
Rödin
Lundberg
Petersson
Silfverberg
Krüger

2The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:44 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:Team Sweden was announced today:

G
Markström
Nilsson

D
Kilström
Rundblad
Erixon
Ekman-larrson
Adam Larsson
Ekholm

F
Tedenby
Josefsson
Päjäärvi
Lander
Brodin
Klingberg
Johansson
Rödin
Lundberg
Petersson
Silfverberg
Krüger

Powerhouse roster The Official 2010 WJC Thread 797712

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

3The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Defense is insane if Karlsson makes it.

4The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:53 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:Defense is insane if Karlsson makes it.

It's overkill with Karlsson, it's insane even without him...Rundblad, OEL, Ekholm and Erixon, good god the only better d-core is going to be Canada's 3-4 towers.

5The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Don't forget Adam Larsson. I'm not sure Canada's defence will be better. Could you imagine if Hedman and Karlsson were playing?

Hedman - Runblad
Erixon - Karlsson
Larsson - Ekman-Larsson

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm still irked Lehner didn't make it. Not that he'd play a lot behind Markstrom. I think he's got a great chance to be the starter next year - that is, unless he's playing for us by then.

6The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Words around are that they didn't take any CHL player.

7The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Doesn't look like they did, no. I guess it's partially just bad luck that Lehner got H1N1. I don't honestly think he's that far behind Markstrom.

8The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:08 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:Doesn't look like they did, no. I guess it's partially just bad luck that Lehner got H1N1. I don't honestly think he's that far behind Markstrom.

A few scouts are starting to say Lehner may be ahead of Markstrom in their respective developments....I'll try to find the actual scouting reports.

9The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:13 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I can see arguments that he's ahead of where Markstrom was at this time last season, but I don't know if he's ahead of Markstrom as he is now.

According to TSN numbers (which I find hard to believe, but only because I've met Markstrom in person and he definitely seems taller than 6'3") Lehner's got some 42 lbs on the guy, though. I don't know how much of that is muscle.

10The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:I can see arguments that he's ahead of where Markstrom was at this time last season, but I don't know if he's ahead of Markstrom as he is now.

According to TSN numbers (which I find hard to believe, but only because I've met Markstrom in person and he definitely seems taller than 6'3") Lehner's got some 42 lbs on the guy, though. I don't know how much of that is muscle.

yeah Markstrom easily stands in at about 6'4"-6'5", friggin monster.

11The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 am

M_Christopher wrote:
marakh wrote:Team Sweden was announced today:

G
Markström
Nilsson

D
Kilström
Rundblad
Erixon
Ekman-larrson
Adam Larsson
Ekholm

F
Tedenby
Josefsson
Päjäärvi
Lander
Brodin
Klingberg
Johansson
Rödin
Lundberg
Petersson
Silfverberg
Krüger

Powerhouse roster The Official 2010 WJC Thread 797712

Nice to see some Sens property there. Sweden will be a team to be reckoned with.

12The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:26 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

They are a lock for a medal. I'm not sure I see them finishing worse than silver, actually. I don't think Kabanov will be good to go for Russia, which makes them less dangerous.

Still sucks that Lehner didn't make it, though.

If Wiercioch were to make it for Canada and Karlsson were released, we could have had six prospects in the gold-medal game.

13The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:29 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:They are a lock for a medal. I'm not sure I see them finishing worse than silver, actually. I don't think Kabanov will be good to go for Russia, which makes them less dangerous.

Still sucks that Lehner didn't make it, though.

If Wiercioch were to make it for Canada and Karlsson were released, we could have had six prospects in the gold-medal game.

Don`t forget we have one russian elite forward playing for Russia The Official 2010 WJC Thread 159628

14The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle it, Lehner wouldn't play in that tourney behind Markstrom. Better he stays behind and plays solid minutes in the OHL.

15The Official 2010 WJC Thread Empty Re: The Official 2010 WJC Thread Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:50 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle it, Lehner wouldn't play in that tourney behind Markstrom. Better he stays behind and plays solid minutes in the OHL.

That rapping goalie got some PT last tournament. He probably wouldn't play when the games were more important, granted. But I doubt he'd play in games less important than an OHL game.

Also, there was always the potential that he'd wrestle the starting job away from Markstrom. Perhaps literally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 30]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum