GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

+15
Ev
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
asq2
cash
Flo The Action
Riprock
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Game Day: Toronto at Ottawa, Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 6 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Dash wrote:By the way, I am actually having fun that people are still so upset about the Heatley situation... specifically mad AT Heatley. I was upset... maybe for a few days.

I'm not too happy with the way Murray handled it.
That's about the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. You get all high and mighty regarding other posters feelings about Heatley, yet you are still "not too happy with the way Murray handled it".

You're priceless lol!!!

It really isn't hypocritical. Murray (the GM) gave Heatley (the player) a NTC. It was then within Dany's right to excercise that option. He obviously wanted to stay in Ottawa when he signed the contract, but over the course of a period since he signed, things changed.

Don't make it sound like it was a diabolical plan from the beginning for Heatley to run out his contract, re-sign before becoming a UFA where he could have gone to any team he wished and made more money than he could have made in Ottawa, only to demand a trade to only a few teams.... Ahhhhh!
I guess I just come from a generation that honours its committments.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If that Michalek/Fisher/Kovalev line showed up like that every night, we'd be an elite team. Nice effort for the 2nd straight game. Could this team be coming together finally?

Have they been together for longer than just tonight? I honestly don't even know, seems like Clouston changes things up game to game...

Also, it would take some time normally for linemates to adjust. But certainly that is looking like a line you want to keep together. Now if Clouston could only get Foligno to get going, perhaps putting him with #19 and #11 full time.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
Have they been together for longer than just tonight? I honestly don't even know, seems like Clouston changes things up game to game...

Also, it would take some time normally for linemates to adjust. But certainly that is looking like a line you want to keep together. Now if Clouston could only get Foligno to get going, perhaps putting him with #19 and #11 full time.

You're right, it was Regin/Spezza/Kovalev for a long time, I can't keep it straight anymore. He needs to lock in the lines for 20 games and see how they do.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Dash wrote:Yeah that was a very nice goal, great play, great patience, great deke.... I call it like it is, and Kovalev has really stepped up this year... contract year lol

Kovalev has always been good for us. Streaks aside, he makes space for others on the ice and is marvelous with our younger players both on and off.

i am glad i am not the only one. seemed like i was one of the few who thought his signing was good for the sens he may not always have three point nights but he always has to be factored in to be defended

Not to be argumentative -- and I like how Kovalev acts around the kids -- but for $5M you figure he'd better at least attract some attention. He makes Fish go ("Go fish", get it?) -- imagine if he was healthy and we got Fish going in the playoffs?

Big Ev wrote:Wow, saying things like "Kovalev has always been good for us" is just silly. He has been below average, and is not worth his paycheck. He has been good this season for a few stretched, but still only has 14 points, and I'm not buying that re-hashed "creating space" argument either.

This is my first attempt at using the multi-quote feature.

You guys both mentioned his salary, I don't blame Kovalev for that, we can have a discussion about Murray later. Kovalev is doing everything he has always done.

I'm happy with what he brought to Ottawa in all the ways I previously mentioned. Again, just my opinion though.

I haven't got a clue how to use it. When I click the "multi-quote" button, it just turns red. If I click several "multi-quote" buttons, then click quote, it just quotes the last one.

I've probably tried 5 or 6 times and still haven't figured it out.
Frustrated2

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After you've clicked *several* posts to multi-quote, you go to the bottom of the page (or the top) and click on the "Post Reply" icon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good win tonight (just finished watching an episode of "Lost" with the backstory on Juliet and "Goodwin" Smile )

Oh, Heatley is a d-bag Wink

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Honestly, I've never even noticed that button. Never used it, except in PM. I always use either the "quote" button or simply the "send" button.

Thanks wprager. TipHat

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

That sorted out, it was a great win tonight. The second period was a bit shaky, but all in all a good game.

Glad that the effort yesterday carried over.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I'm very impressed with Elliott - actually, Leclaire as well. Our goaltending has been outstanding recently.

For Elliott to do what he did tonight though after sitting out 3 games is remarkable.

You have to remember, he just battled with his team through the most emotional time in his NHL career. His benching the last 3 games was strictly results based. Instead of being able to work out the rest of those feelings on the ice, he was left to internalize them. I wasn't sure how his mental game would be tonight.

Mentally, Elliott tracked the puck much better than I thought he would, he did lose sight of it a couple times when it was in the air tho'. Tracking the puck is 99% mental focus. He showed remarkable composure despite not seeing too much action early. His demeanor was surprisingly patient and consistent throughout the contest. When you are not mentally ready to tend to go and get the puck because you don't trust yourself, but Elliott let the puck come to him all night.

Elliott is improving every aspect of his game right in front of our eyes this season.

Last edited by CockRoche on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:After you've clicked *several* posts to multi-quote, you go to the bottom of the page (or the top) and click on the "Post Reply" icon.

wprager wrote:Good win tonight (just finished watching an episode of "Lost" with the backstory on Juliet and "Goodwin" Smile )

Oh, Heatley is a d-bag Wink

spader wrote:Honestly, I've never even noticed that button. Never used it, except in PM. I always use either the "quote" button or simply the "send" button.

Thanks wprager. TipHat

I won't lie, this is my first multi-quote after reading how to do it. Ahhhhh!

EDIT: This is SD on the downstairs laptop.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Look what I started Wprager with your very own Multi-Quote feature. Are you happy with me?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:I'm very impressed with Elliott - actually, Leclaire as well. Our goaltending has been outstanding recently.

For Elliott to do what he did tonight though after sitting out 3 games is remarkable.

You have to remember, he just battled with his team through the most emotional time in his NHL career. His benching the last 3 games was strictly results based. Instead of being able to work out the rest of those feelings on the ice, he was left to internalize them. I wasn't sure how his mental game would be tonight.

Mentally, Elliott tracked the puck much better than I thought he would, he did lose sight of it a couple times when it was in the air tho'. Tracking the puck is 99% mental focus. He showed remarkable composure despite not seeing too much action early. His demeanor was surprisingly patient and consistent throughout the contest. When you are not mentally ready to tend to go and get the puck because you don't trust yourself, but Elliott let the puck come to him all night.

Elliott is improving every aspect of his game right in front of our eyes this season.

He was solid. No two ways about it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Elliott just had a really rough stretch where the guys in front of him played like crap, he would have bounced back - it's Leclaire that makes me very excited. He looks like what I hoped he would.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Good effort, good results. Starting right off the top with the GDT Smile

What'd I tell you -- if the effort is there the results will come. I feel sorrt for the Oilers now. This is a team that's building on some confidence.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I'm very impressed with Elliott - actually, Leclaire as well. Our goaltending has been outstanding recently.

He was solid. No two ways about it.

I didn't expect him to be that sharp mentally; colour me impressed.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:[1] Elliott just had a really rough stretch where the guys in front of him played like crap, he would have bounced back -
[2]it's Leclaire that makes me very excited. He looks like what I hoped he would.

[1] He didn't have to bounce back tonight tho'. That is a tough set of circumstances he had to overcome that I described for this game.

[2] Leclaire has played well for 3 games in a row. He needs to get back in there and build more confidence and momentum. He is still way to frantic, but that is just him.

Question is, after this shutout, does Elliott play or Leclaire next game? Leclaire can't sit for to long or his recent momentum and focus could be gone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not so sure that he didn't have to bounce back. Even towards the end of that week from hell, he lost focus and gave up back-breaking goals. I think he needed to re-focus and have a bounce back game and I'm glad/impressed that he looked to have his position down most of the time tonight.

As for who to start next...you could do Leclaire next and Elliott vs the Leafs again, but I think this is the time where you literally tandem these guys until one of them stumbles. It's a luxury we haven't had much of, but we have Leclaire playing hot and Elliott seems to be back on track.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not so sure that he didn't have to bounce back. Even towards the end of that week from hell, he lost focus and gave up back-breaking goals. I think he needed to re-focus and have a bounce back game and I'm glad/impressed that he looked to have his position down most of the time tonight.

As for who to start next...you could do Leclaire next and Elliott vs the Leafs again, but I think this is the time where you literally tandem these guys until one of them stumbles. It's a luxury we haven't had much of, but we have Leclaire playing hot and Elliott seems to be back on track.

I'm not sure if you saw that I made a small edit to my post, before your reply was published, but probably after you started your thoughts.

Yes Elloitt had to bounce back, but (I added) it didn't have to be tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum