GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

+15
Ev
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
asq2
cash
Flo The Action
Riprock
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Game Day: Toronto at Ottawa, Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:[1] Elliott just had a really rough stretch where the guys in front of him played like crap, he would have bounced back -
[2]it's Leclaire that makes me very excited. He looks like what I hoped he would.

[1] He didn't have to bounce back tonight tho'. That is a tough set of circumstances he had to overcome that I described for this game.

[2] Leclaire has played well for 3 games in a row. He needs to get back in there and build more confidence and momentum. He is still way to frantic, but that is just him.

Question is, after this shutout, does Elliott play or Leclaire next game? Leclaire can't sit for to long or his recent momentum and focus could be gone.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not so sure that he didn't have to bounce back. Even towards the end of that week from hell, he lost focus and gave up back-breaking goals. I think he needed to re-focus and have a bounce back game and I'm glad/impressed that he looked to have his position down most of the time tonight.

As for who to start next...you could do Leclaire next and Elliott vs the Leafs again, but I think this is the time where you literally tandem these guys until one of them stumbles. It's a luxury we haven't had much of, but we have Leclaire playing hot and Elliott seems to be back on track.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not so sure that he didn't have to bounce back. Even towards the end of that week from hell, he lost focus and gave up back-breaking goals. I think he needed to re-focus and have a bounce back game and I'm glad/impressed that he looked to have his position down most of the time tonight.

As for who to start next...you could do Leclaire next and Elliott vs the Leafs again, but I think this is the time where you literally tandem these guys until one of them stumbles. It's a luxury we haven't had much of, but we have Leclaire playing hot and Elliott seems to be back on track.

I'm not sure if you saw that I made a small edit to my post, before your reply was published, but probably after you started your thoughts.

Yes Elloitt had to bounce back, but (I added) it didn't have to be tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh I see, yeah, by now he's earned a long leash.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

Question is, after this shutout, does Elliott play or Leclaire next game? Leclaire can't sit for to long or his recent momentum and focus could be gone.

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not so sure that he didn't have to bounce back. Even towards the end of that week from hell, he lost focus and gave up back-breaking goals. I think he needed to re-focus and have a bounce back game and I'm glad/impressed that he looked to have his position down most of the time tonight.

I say Elliott gets the nod. Shutout=start.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

(Also, have a look at my expertly multi-quoted post and bow to my multi-quoting abilities...thanks again prags)

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:(Also, have a look at my expertly multi-quoted post and bow to my multi-posting abilities...thanks again prags)

Haha. You even did some editting of the original posts. Quite impressive.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:(Also, have a look at my expertly multi-quoted post and bow to my multi-quoting abilities...thanks again prags)

CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:(Also, have a look at my expertly multi-quoted post and bow to my multi-posting abilities...thanks again prags)

Very nicely done.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:(Also, have a look at my expertly multi-quoted post and bow to my multi-quoting abilities...thanks again prags)

CockRoche wrote:

Very nicely done.

Facepalm

I thought I was fast enough. Laughing3

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:Well, Murray's still the GM of the team I support... Heatley's a member of the San Jose Sharks. Heatley didn't want to be an Ottawa Senator, for reasons only he and possibly a few others really know. End of story.

The GM of the team I support has made decisions that he is paid to make, that I disprove of.

The way that the boss handles their employees is a lot more important than the way the employees behave. Are you suggesting that the employee was running the show? You really think that it is acceptable then if Murray allowed his subordinate to run the show?
Sarcasm

No, not end of story at all. He was only too happy to take my money, all of our money, for a few years, and when things got tough, he bails out? He has a history of doing that, you know...

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Oglethorpe wrote:
I guess I just come from a generation that honours its committments.

Amen to that!

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:Also, it would take some time normally for linemates to adjust. But certainly that is looking like a line you want to keep together. Now if Clouston could only get Foligno to get going, perhaps putting him with #19 and #11 full time.

Something just occurred to me... Maybe if he wants to get Foligno going, he's got to play him with... Kovalev? Foligno - Regin - Kovalev looked really good together for a bit a while back...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
Dash wrote:Also, it would take some time normally for linemates to adjust. But certainly that is looking like a line you want to keep together. Now if Clouston could only get Foligno to get going, perhaps putting him with #19 and #11 full time.

Something just occurred to me... Maybe if he wants to get Foligno going, he's got to play him with... Kovalev? Foligno - Regin - Kovalev looked really good together for a bit a while back...

Michalek Spezza Alfie
Foligno Regin Kovalev
Ruutu Fisher Shannon
Winch Kelly Neil

Could be interesting.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:Elliott starts - another great decision from Clouston.

I hope that wasn't sarcasm. Sarcasm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm okay with yesterday's loss, but if we lose this one, there's no excuses and something has to happen (something has to happen anyway, but it would *really* have to happen).

If we play the same kind of game tonight that we did last night, we'll come out with a win. We got jobbed pretty bad last game and deserved a better fate. That's the sort of thing that gets a team mad and motivated. As long as we get good goaltending and fair officiating, we could be headed for a blowout, honestly.

Cuss, I love being awesome and right most of the time. You're welcome.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm okay with yesterday's loss, but if we lose this one, there's no excuses and something has to happen (something has to happen anyway, but it would *really* have to happen).

If we play the same kind of game tonight that we did last night, we'll come out with a win. We got jobbed pretty bad last game and deserved a better fate. That's the sort of thing that gets a team mad and motivated. As long as we get good goaltending and fair officiating, we could be headed for a blowout, honestly.

I seriously expect a 3-0 lead in the first, no kidding.

Well, I hope Karma owes the two of you, because, you know ...

Lady luck loves me. Smile

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Elliott starts - another great decision from Clouston.

WTF!!!!

LOL.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Yeah that was a very nice goal, great play, great patience, great deke.... I call it like it is, and Kovalev has really stepped up this year... contract year lol

How long have I been defending Kovalev around here? Oh yeah. The whole season, minus the first two games. Guy has played better than just about any one here has given him credit for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum