GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

+15
Ev
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
asq2
cash
Flo The Action
Riprock
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Game Day: Toronto at Ottawa, Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Melnyk is a good owner to have, but I think he's at the cusp of our problems. I think there's alot of manipulation going on in the background. I can't wait to read Brian Murray's memoirs one of these days....

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't be surprised that as the owner he has a lot of say as to what goes on and who stays or goes.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

It's really quiet around here.... a little "too quiet"....

still 1-0 for anyone not aware, but judging by the lack of activity, I assume people are watching the game intently?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

WOW what a play by the kovalev mickalek and fisher line goal 2

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

That was pretty! Set up by a sweet dangle by Kovalev.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah that was a very nice goal, great play, great patience, great deke.... I call it like it is, and Kovalev has really stepped up this year... contract year lol

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

FISH from kovalev and michalek

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Yeah that was a very nice goal, great play, great patience, great deke.... I call it like it is, and Kovalev has really stepped up this year... contract year lol

Kovalev has always been good for us. Streaks aside, he makes space for others on the ice and is marvelous with our younger players both on and off.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Another beauty goal as well.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
Dash wrote:Yeah that was a very nice goal, great play, great patience, great deke.... I call it like it is, and Kovalev has really stepped up this year... contract year lol

Kovalev has always been good for us. Streaks aside, he makes space for others on the ice and is marvelous with our younger players both on and off.

i am glad i am not the only one. seemed like i was one of the few who thought his signing was good for the sens he may not always have three point nights but he always has to be factored in to be defended

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Brian Murray is apparently trying to make trades... sent a memo to the league that Brian Lee was available, no bites from the league though... but GM's are asking for Foligno but Ottawa's not giving him up... at least not without a fight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:It's really quiet around here.... a little "too quiet"....

still 1-0 for anyone not aware, but judging by the lack of activity, I assume people are watching the game intently?

Sorry, my kid's team had a practice followed by some pizza down in the snackbar at the KRC. Watched the first period and Coach's Corner there.

Wow, Kovalev and Fisher are clicking, eh? Probably the easiest two goals he'll ever get (although he did have to deke on the first one). Toronto is really missing Phaneuf and Kessel, eh? Sarcasm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

i am glad i am not the only one. seemed like i was one of the few who thought his signing was good for the sens he may not always have three point nights but he always has to be factored in to be defended

I'm with you. Just look on the bench when you can, he is always talking. The young guys are all ears around Kovalev.

When Kovalev broke his stick over the boards in practice not too long ago, that show of passion; that enough is enough attitude; that we are better than this emotion said a lot to me. Especially when it comes from Kovalev, a guy supposedly known for not giving a darn.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Brian Murray is apparently trying to make trades... sent a memo to the league that Brian Lee was available, no bites from the league though... but GM's are asking for Foligno but Ottawa's not giving him up... at least not without a fight.

If we give up on Foligno, we better get a great reward. Now is not the time to trade Foligno; hang tight Murray.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Not to be argumentative -- and I like how Kovalev acts around the kids -- but for $5M you figure he'd better at least attract some attention. He makes Fish go ("Go fish", get it?) -- imagine if he was healthy and we got Fish going in the playoffs?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, saying things like "Kovalev has always been good for us" is just silly. He has been below average, and is not worth his paycheck. He has been good this season for a few stretched, but still only has 14 points, and I'm not buying that re-hashed "creating space" argument either.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
Dash wrote:Brian Murray is apparently trying to make trades... sent a memo to the league that Brian Lee was available, no bites from the league though... but GM's are asking for Foligno but Ottawa's not giving him up... at least not without a fight.

If we give up on Foligno, we better get a great reward. Now is not the time to trade Foligno; hang tight Murray.

For sure. All the guy on the Hot Stove said was something about at 23yrs old and a 20 some goal scorer... no way.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Poor Foligno though... this guy needs a goal. As Roche I think it was who said that putting him out for an empty net opportunity would have been the best thing to do.

Nice move by Winchester.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum