GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

University/College UFAs

+4
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I meant familiar as in the Sedins, but yeah, I saw that they were Fontaine's linemates. Mike has a chance, the other one...I don't think so, unless he can grow a couple more inches.

32University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:That's true, I read that last year that Genoway had his season cut down to 10 games or something because of that. Columbus should take a chance on him though, they have time to wait to see if he'll develop.

Not only last season, the one prior, the one before that and even that one too. Every year.

33University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's true, I read that last year that Genoway had his season cut down to 10 games or something because of that. Columbus should take a chance on him though, they have time to wait to see if he'll develop.

Not only last season, the one prior, the one before that and even that one too. Every year.

Really? I didn't realize that, thought he played most games.

34University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Where is asq2? Doesn't he have a good knowledge of prospects?

I love this conversation.

35University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've spoken to a guy who plays for Maine in the NCAA (Hockey-East) who says that Butler probably won't have a huge impact in the NHL, and that some guys like Bonino in Anaheim have a higher potential. This was in the off-season before Butler's impressive start in the AHL, though University/College UFAs - Page 3 54934

36University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I've spoken to a guy who plays for Maine in the NCAA (Hockey-East) who says that Butler probably won't have a huge impact in the NHL, and that some guys like Bonino in Anaheim have a higher potential. This was in the off-season before Butler's impressive start in the AHL, though University/College UFAs - Page 3 54934

Huh, that's very interesting. Did he give you any reasons for that? I know Bonino is an inch taller, but I doubt he's much more than 5 or 8 pounds heavier.

Also, isn't Bonino more of a set-up man than Butler?

And does he still think that even though Butler took off in the AHL, while Bonino is struggling in the AHL?

37University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't remember his exact reasons why, and I no longer have his messages saved.

I don't know if his opinion changed, I haven't talked to him or seen him online in a long while. I guess he's busy playing hockey haha.

38University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sorry haven't read the whole thread so may be have been already mentionned but Da COsta, a French (from France) guy playing at Merimack is pretty good, I've seen a couple games. Haven't followed what's happening at NCAA this year though. Don't know if he's still a Hobey Baker candidate. Don't even know if he's been signed by a team already, I wouldn't be surprised. He was like top 5 best player in the league last year.

39University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:10 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Sorry haven't read the whole thread so may be have been already mentionned but Da COsta, a French (from France) guy playing at Merimack is pretty good, I've seen a couple games. Haven't followed what's happening at NCAA this year though. Don't know if he's still a Hobey Baker candidate. Don't even know if he's been signed by a team already, I wouldn't be surprised. He was like top 5 best player in the league last year.

Haha. I already added him to the list about 4 hours ago. He was my first obvious omission from SpezDispensers original list. I love everything about the little fella. I still follow him and he is playing amazing.

So glad you know about him. Let's start a Da Costa campaign! Not yet though, let's keep it under wraps until we strike at the opportune time.

He turned down multiple offers last offseason from NHL teams. I posted a great article about him above, check it out. It will get you fired up about him all over again. I think I posted it around 3:30 PM.

Edit: Here it is for you.
http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x1910039308/Bonjour-again

40University/College UFAs - Page 3 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:22 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

For your viewing pleasure, let me introduce you to a CockRoche and Marakh favorite, Stephane Da Costa.