GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

University/College UFAs

+4
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I heard Palmer has been good, leading the Aeros in points (although, they're a pretty weak scoring team).

He's no Bobby B. though. Smile

SpezD and BobbyB sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love, then comes marriage
Then comes a baby in the baby carriage

Haha. A childish nursery rhyme was my 600th contribution to the site.

Back to hockey.

17University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:58 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Minnesota - Jacob Cepis

I heard that he's the poor-man's Jakub Klepis

You know that you waste time with hockey too much when that was also the first thing that came to my mind. Laugh1

18University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll save my man-crush on Bobby B. until such a time as he starts to score at the NHL level - but it's coming for sure.

19University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Minnesota - Jacob Cepis

I heard that he's the poor-man's Jakub Klepis

You know that you waste time with hockey too much when that was also the first thing that came to my mind. Laugh1

Sounds about right! DancingBanana

20University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Great idea to put this list up! Intriguing...are there any NHL ready snipers on that list? University/College UFAs - Page 2 159628

21University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Genoway and Da Costa sound like they might have 'the goods'. Especially Genoway.

22University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Genoway and Da Costa sound like they might have 'the goods'. Especially Genoway.

Is Murray in the hunt for these guys? Sounds like maybe he should be... University/College UFAs - Page 2 805406

23University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I don't see Justine Fontaine either.

He was at the Wild's development camp this season, but he didn't get signed and returned to the Univ. of Minnesota Duluth. UMD is in the WCHA and that is known to be the strongest of the four NCAA Conferences.

I'm sure Minnesota has the inside track on him though.

24University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:I don't see Justine Fontaine either.

He was at the Wild's development camp this season, but he didn't get signed and returned to the Univ. of Minnesota Duluth. UMD is in the WCHA and that is known to be the strongest of the four NCAA Conferences.

I'm sure Minnesota has the inside track on him though.

Fontaine's in there. Yeah, he's a big time guy having success.

25University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Genoway and Da Costa sound like they might have 'the goods'. Especially Genoway.

Is Murray in the hunt for these guys? Sounds like maybe he should be... University/College UFAs - Page 2 805406

I dunno...we have Bobby Butler - arguably the biggest Uni/College UFA signing after Bozak, so I'm not sure we can do another - unless it's a slightly lesser prospect. These guys will target teams like the Wild, Leafs etc. who have little to no forward depth, so their road will be easier to the NHL.

Genoway I've see play and he's quite good, but he's not necessary in Ottawa at all. He's a little guy IIRC, D-man, but one that puts up a ton of points.

26University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ha, that's funny to suggest that Ottawa has forward depth, but Bobby Butler signifies a big time player who hasn't cracked the NHL roster yet, and unless we sign one of these guys and he's even better, he'll be behind Butler in the pecking order.

27University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:35 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:

I want nothing to do with Genoway, I don't care how good he is. Do you know his injury history? He is a clone of Pierre-Marc Bouchard in every possible way. Except Genoway already has his head troubles before entering the NHL. Great player, but no thanks.

Murray's scouts know of all these guys, way more than any of us ever will. It is what they get paid for, we just do it for fun, mostly.

28University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Connolly brothers are pretty damn good too. 20 points in 14 games for both of them, one has 9 goals, one has 5. So one's the setup man, one's the finisher. Sound familiar?

The problem with a lot of these guys are that they're little. That's one reason they're still around. 5'10 for Mike Connolly and 5'8" for his bro. 5'10" is barely okay, 5'8" is simply too small.

29University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's true, I read that last year that Genoway had his season cut down to 10 games or something because of that. Columbus should take a chance on him though, they have time to wait to see if he'll develop.

30University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:41 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:The Connolly brothers are pretty damn good too. 20 points in 14 games for both of them, one has 9 goals, one has 5. So one's the setup man, one's the finisher. Sound familiar?

The problem with a lot of these guys are that they're little. That's one reason they're still around. 5'10 for Mike Connolly and 5'8" for his bro. 5'10" is barely okay, 5'8" is simply too small.

The Connolly boys are linemates of Fontaine. Fountaine is their senior. I can't tell if you know that or if you were asking me.

Their size is why the don't get drafted during their draft years, once they mature and prove size doesn't matter; that is when NHL teams come calling. It is a process that works and is accepted by all parties. Low risk, medium reward is music the GM's ears.

31University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I meant familiar as in the Sedins, but yeah, I saw that they were Fontaine's linemates. Mike has a chance, the other one...I don't think so, unless he can grow a couple more inches.

32University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:That's true, I read that last year that Genoway had his season cut down to 10 games or something because of that. Columbus should take a chance on him though, they have time to wait to see if he'll develop.

Not only last season, the one prior, the one before that and even that one too. Every year.

33University/College UFAs - Page 2 Empty Re: University/College UFAs Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's true, I read that last year that Genoway had his season cut down to 10 games or something because of that. Columbus should take a chance on him though, they have time to wait to see if he'll develop.

Not only last season, the one prior, the one before that and even that one too. Every year.

Really? I didn't realize that, thought he played most games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum