GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs

+2
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:20 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

With the way the season has gone so far - I know we're only 6 games in but we've seen a lot already - I thought it would be interesting to see who was still out there that could possibly help us get through this season of growing pains with less pain.

We all know that we don't want this to continue as is and there are some things that need to be done to right the ship as they say. We have a lot of young talent that probably won't stick it out through the full season, especially if the team is going to continue to play as they are, it's a negative environment for our young guys, and I'm not sure this is the way we want to start their careers.

Of the rookies we have I'm just going to assume that these guys will most likely be sent to Bingo or Sweden;

Zibanejad - for the remainder of the season since he'll be in Sweden - unless there's a way to have him in Bingo
Cowen - for 15 games at least, he needs it
Rundblad - for a good chunk of the season, he's been looking great lately but still needs some time to get it all together, IMO.
Da Costa - to a lesser extent, I think he should stay but we'll see what happens - he's an easy callup if he gets sent down though

So 2 d-men and 2 forwards

They might call up some Bingo boys to fill those spots but it's probably a good idea to at least pick up 2 free agents to stabilize things.

Having Filatov stay in Bingo for a while longer is a good idea, to really get his game together and his confidence to where it needs to be.

Parrish has been a monster so far and deserves a chance to show what he can do with the Sens.

On the D side, there's not much we can do for callups...Borowiecki will probably get an opportunity later on in the season - but he's not quite ready yet.

Anyways...let's see who's avaialable to help the ailing Sens turn things around a bit;

Here's the list - I'll highlight a few or 1 Laugh1 that I think could be helpful

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568376

JP Dumont RW - 33 - had a very disappointing season last year...the 1st one in 5 years by the looks of it...not sure what the issue was but I've always been intrigued with him. If we can get him cheap he could be a good piece for us. I know the 30+ guys are scary to us, but if we're signing him to a 1 year deal I can't see how it could hurt. His point totals have definitely diminished in the last 2 years...so maybe there's a reason nobody has signed him yet. Still intrigued. http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8464957

Aside from maybe Samsonov - he seems to be the only forward left of any consequence.

As for available D-Men...not sure there is anyone that can truly help - not on that list anyway, aside from maybe Boynton who could be a good shut down guy (which is what we need right now) I don't know enough about him in the past few seasons to really go deeper into this though...thoughts?

Now this list says (top remaining UFAs) so I know there has to still be some more out there...I wish Hale hadn't retired...he was quite effective for us.

Anyone you know of that's available to help out?

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:

Winchester and Carkner

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yashin!!!

No, in seriousness, I like the idea of calling up Parrish and see what he can offer before signing anyone else.

Any remaining UFAs would just be a bandaid solution, and I don't think we want to go that route.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No one is going to help this team. It's going to be a 3, 4, maybe 5 year process before the Sens start to win on a consistant basis again.

They are doing it the right way now. Letting their young goaltender develop in Bingo, getting their D men the experience needed, and drafting a ton of talent up front.

Gonna have to suck it up and cheer for a loser that works hard. Don't cheer if they effort isn't there though.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yashin!!!

No, in seriousness, I like the idea of calling up Parrish and see what he can offer before signing anyone else.

Any remaining UFAs would just be a bandaid solution, and I don't think we want to go that route.

Bandaid on a gun shot.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Winchester and Carkner

That's fair actually. I think they could definitely help out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And yeah, I think Carkner will help out a lot too. In my NHL 12 season, he has the league's top plus rating.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Call up Parrish and Daugavins for now. Send Z-Bad back to the SEL and send Da Costa to the AHL for a while, although I don't agree with it.

If anything, wait for Carkner to come back. There's nothing much we can do. I wouldn't mind trying to get Sutton back, not sure the Oilers or whoever has him wants to get rid of him, but we shouldn't have let him go.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yashin!!!

I feel that we need a BIG bandaid right now. Laugh1 Even if it's a 1 year deal? I think it could help us to not get embarrassed over and over again.

10Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Re: Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That big bandaid should be a winger or a C who can play on the 2nd line so Spez and co. aren't triple covered. But there's no one. Dumont is all washed up.

11Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Re: Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Sutton is great. If nothing else, he would deter the media from asking stupid questions…"Are you an expert?"

12Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Re: Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:That big bandaid should be a winger or a C who can play on the 2nd line so Spez and co. aren't triple covered. But there's no one. Dumont is all washed up.

Hard to figure out what we need when what we've got is not even putting in a consistent 60 minute effort.

13Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Re: Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Call up Parrish and Daugavins for now. Send Z-Bad back to the SEL and send Da Costa to the AHL for a while, although I don't agree with it.

If anything, wait for Carkner to come back. There's nothing much we can do. I wouldn't mind trying to get Sutton back, not sure the Oilers or whoever has him wants to get rid of him, but we shouldn't have let him go.

I know, I thought he was still available (which would be silly really), it's Edmonton that has him and I want him back too. Even though he was quite poor for us, he started to turn it around a bit in the end. I'm still loving the guy. The intimidation factor alone is awesome and something we need.

14Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Re: Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:That big bandaid should be a winger or a C who can play on the 2nd line so Spez and co. aren't triple covered. But there's no one. Dumont is all washed up.

I guess the last 2 seasons would show that he is washed up for sure...I still find myself to be very intrigued though, can't help it. I wish we could even just try him out for 15 games to see what he could do...maybe the young guys would inject some youth into him again...who knows...Alfie is showing some youth again.

15Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Empty Re: Who's Still Out There - Remaining UFAs Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Y'know, this probably looks a lot like any Oilers forum from like two years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum