GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

751Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:46 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, he'll make an NHL comeback alright. Thought so from the moment they (unfortunately) signed him.

752Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh, he'll make an NHL comeback alright. Thought so from the moment they (unfortunately) signed him.

I think the question is more along the lines of why is he back? What's his motivation? I remember when he left the first time with Tampa, rumour was that he left because his head wasn't into hockey.

Fitness testing means nothing if his head isn't in the game. He's still a long way away from making an impact in the NHL.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh, he'll make an NHL comeback alright. Thought so from the moment they (unfortunately) signed him.

He still doesn't have an NHL contract though. Anyone can sign him. It would be funny if he started with the Marlies, then signed with Tampa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He broke into the league after the last lockout. Maybe that's his motivation -- he's a post-lockout junkie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a link to an interview he did last week with LeafsTV:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=802&id=186494&cmpid=embed-share-video

He's from Whitby, says he never even though about playing anywhere else. Maybe part of his "personal reasons" was being away from home (friends, family, moral support). Rumors were that he wanted to go back to school and get a business degree, others were saying his g/f influenced his decision. Hard to know for sure.

Funny how the posters on HF Boards are saying he'll be good with the youngsters. A grizzled vet, don't you know.

756Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs send Reilly, Frattin down... Kadri made the club.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413871

Morgan Reilly will not be starting the season with the Toronto Maple Leafs as he and Matt Frattin will be the team's final cuts on Friday.

Rielly, 18, was selected with the fifth overall pick in the 2012 NHL Draft. The Vancouver, B.C. native had three goals and 18 points in 18 games with Moose Jaw in the WHL last season.

Rielly also played for Team Canada in this year's World Junior Hockey Championship, posting a goal and two assists in six contests.

Frattin, 25, had eight goals and seven assists in 56 games with the Leafs last season.

Frattin has spent his entire career in the Leafs' system, after being drafted in the fourth round of the 2007 NHL Draft.

In other news, forward Tim Connolly cleared waivers on Friday.

757Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 51 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tim Connolly and his $4.75 million contract, has cleared waivers. Buyout, trade or Marlies?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:Tim Connolly and his $4.75 million contract, has cleared waivers. Buyout, trade or Marlies?

Not much point in a buyout, it won't save them any cap space. It'll save a few bucks, but they may want to wait and see if they need to hang onto their 2 amnesty moves to save cap space.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nonis said he'll be going to the Marlies, no interest in trading him. I'm surprised but I guess they'll eat his cap this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Nonis said he'll be going to the Marlies, no interest in trading him. I'm surprised but I guess they'll eat his cap this year.

Lol, what?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Nonis said he'll be going to the Marlies, no interest in trading him. I'm surprised but I guess they'll eat his cap this year.

Lol, what?
His words. I know. I know.

Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's negotiating an extension with Lupul apparently.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:He's negotiating an extension with Lupul apparently.
Smart move. Lupul is good to have.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:

Going to over pay for a guy that has peaked and will hit the decline hard now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Going to over pay for a guy that has peaked and will hit the decline hard now.
We'll see when the numbers come out...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh oh... Kadri scored... prepare for frenzy in Toronto...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Oh oh... Kadri scored... prepare for frenzy in Toronto...

Centre of the universe is where the DVP meets the 401 ....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2-0 Leafs after 2. Habs looks bad. Price keeping them alive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum