GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mmmmmmmmmm shawarma... BAZOOKA SHAWARMA!!!!!

Damn. Now I'm hungry. And I had a huge beef roti for lunch.... heh heh.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm shawarma... BAZOOKA SHAWARMA!!!!!

That wouldn't stop me either. Or Nazim Fatri, evidendtly.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I think it's worth noting that Kadri thinks it's NBD:

Maybe I could've dropped it a little more, but for the most part I'm happy with where I am, I'm happy with how I feel on the ice, I'm happy with my conditioning and my endurance.

If Eakins thinks his current condition is "unacceptable" and Kadri thinks he's good, what does that tell you about his attitude?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:The surprise here, to me at least, is that Eakins makes this pretty public. Not sure if he's trying to "shame" him or if they're setting up for something else. Roberts called out Burke and the Leafs for being out of shape, so perhaps this is a personal thing with Roberts.

That whole organization is a gong show. Either way, Kadri is prime for a trade and he will probably be going out West to a team like Calgary or Dallas.

I could see that for sure. They're in a position to take a chance on someone like Kadri. That's another organization that seems to be addicted to incompetence.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm shawarma... BAZOOKA SHAWARMA!!!!!

That wouldn't stop me either. Or Nazim Fatri, evidendtly.

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 164414 Laughing3

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's nothing wrong with having a few extra pounds anyway. It will burn away in no time once the games get going.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Shawarmas are healthy in comparison to other fast food, but they are still fattening due to the garlic sauce and the greasiness of the chicken.

Oh man...I want a big fat Shawarma right now. Beef, tons of garlic and humus and pickles and turnip. Mmmm...

No wonder he's fat.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:I think it's worth noting that Kadri thinks it's NBD:

Maybe I could've dropped it a little more, but for the most part I'm happy with where I am, I'm happy with how I feel on the ice, I'm happy with my conditioning and my endurance.

If Eakins thinks his current condition is "unacceptable" and Kadri thinks he's good, what does that tell you about his attitude?

The fact he basically says he could have worked harder is a pretty clear indication that this kid is going to be playing in another organization very soon.

Another Burke draft gem. What other draft picks has he really hit a home run with in the last 20 years of hockey? Pronger while having the #2 draft spot, the Sedin's while having #2 and #3... that's about it really. Gardiner is solid but still a run of the mil D man at this point.

Burke is awful at drafting and it's impossible to build a team without having the ability to draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burke drafted Pronger?

And yes, Kadri is spoiling in front of our eyes. Like a piece of Shawarma being left out in the sun. Thank goodness he left Cowen for us and Dallas had Dung for brains.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Burke drafted Pronger?

And yes, Kadri is spoiling in front of our eyes. Like a piece of Shawarma being left out in the sun. Thank goodness he left Cowen for us and Dallas had Dung for brains.

I think he did but he more or less fell into his lap in Hartford.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yeah...I completely forgot about the Whalers. I was thinking of the Blues for some reason.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a few extra pounds anyway. It will burn away in no time once the games get going.

I think the expectation is that you show up in shape. I think that's a very reasonable and predictable expectation.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:There's nothing wrong with having a few extra pounds anyway. It will burn away in no time once the games get going.

I think the expectation is that you show up in shape. I think that's a very reasonable and predictable expectation.
Exactly, you don't use training camp to "get in shape"... he needs an attitude adjustment big time. At any rate, they'll move him soon enough, I have no doubt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Burke drafted Pronger?

Only because Daigle was already taken Facepalm Laughing3

750Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This really belongs in a Marlies Tidbits thread (since he only signed an AHL contract), but I'll put it here anyway. Paul Ranger surprises at his physical fitness testing at camp:

Ranger ranked first with a bullet in Marlies fitness testing, a notable early achievement for a player who has been out of professional hcokey since the 2009-2010 season, when he left the Lightning after eight games due to personal reasons which remain unspecified.

"I'm amazed by it," said Eakins of Ranger, who played in 270 games with the Lightning. "I think this kid has unbelievable genetics which is part of it too, but when you've been off that long I just don't know how that's almost possible. But this kid meant business. He meant business."

Technically, he's still up for grabs by the NHL (whenever they feel like getting back to work), but it sounds like he's ready for his comeback. He's only 28. He very well may make a full comeback.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=406388

751Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, he'll make an NHL comeback alright. Thought so from the moment they (unfortunately) signed him.

752Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh, he'll make an NHL comeback alright. Thought so from the moment they (unfortunately) signed him.

I think the question is more along the lines of why is he back? What's his motivation? I remember when he left the first time with Tampa, rumour was that he left because his head wasn't into hockey.

Fitness testing means nothing if his head isn't in the game. He's still a long way away from making an impact in the NHL.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh, he'll make an NHL comeback alright. Thought so from the moment they (unfortunately) signed him.

He still doesn't have an NHL contract though. Anyone can sign him. It would be funny if he started with the Marlies, then signed with Tampa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum