GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+24
Bramlet07
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
ddt
NEELY
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
Hoags
rooneypoo
CockRoche
The Silfer Server
tim1_2
Ev
TheAvatar
PTFlea
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:"I regret that I have to deal with this matter publicly..."

Haha. What a jacka$s.

When he said that, did he suddenly have to step back from the microphone? You know, because of his nose?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He will be done in Toronto soon because they have nothing resembling a contender and it's been 5 years.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:He will be done in Toronto soon because they have nothing resembling a contender and it's been 5 years.

Well he might have a year or two under the new MLSE ownership, but nothing he's done there has made any sense to me.

When Kessel walks as a UFA to play for a real team that will be the final nail (if needed) and the footnote to his 'legacy' in Toronto.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:He will be done in Toronto soon because they have nothing resembling a contender and it's been 5 years.

Someone competent could have pulled it off after Cliff "Methuselah" Fletcher cleaned the slate. Not Jurke, though. This is good. Real good.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

Well he might have a year or two under the new MLSE ownership, but nothing he's done there has made any sense to me.

When Kessel walks as a UFA to play for a real team that will be the final nail (if needed) and the footnote to his 'legacy' in Toronto.

They will give Kessel the moon but being the type of players and person he is off the ice, wouldn't surprise me if he went for a little less money to a very quiet place.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kadri apparently came into training camp a bit out of shape...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=2986&line=166146&spln=1

Dallas Eakins was not too impressed... calling it unacceptable.

Why go public with this? Seems odd... unless they are looking to justify something else that's coming...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Kadri apparently came into training camp a bit out of shape...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=2986&line=166146&spln=1

Dallas Eakins was not too impressed... calling it unacceptable.

Why go public with this? Seems odd... unless they are looking to justify something else that's coming...

Wow, what a gong show over there.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kadri even trained with Gary Roberts this summer... makes no sense... must be something personal going on there...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs officially hire St. Croix as their goal tending coach...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406288

Worst kept secret.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Kadri is a bust. Jesus, not sure why people keep on hoping that he turns into something. He's up there with Filatov except he had the advantage of growing up in Ontario.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Kadri is a bust. Jesus, not sure why people keep on hoping that he turns into something. He's up there with Filatov except he had the advantage of growing up in Ontario.

He makes a lot of excuses and generally downplays his lack of fitness.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406292

Funniest reader comment so far?

"I had no idea shawarma was so fattening. Too soon?"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He's a lazy a$$hole and if he were Russian it would be the same thing as what happened to Filatov. So many parallels between the two it is depressing. Bust and bust, get by on skill with lesser competition, get to the NHL, get knocked around, simply not good enough.

They equal each other.

EDIT: Im sure some will chalk this comment up to me hating Russians and the Leafs though.

Last edited by NEELY on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The surprise here, to me at least, is that Eakins makes this pretty public. Not sure if he's trying to "shame" him or if they're setting up for something else. Roberts called out Burke and the Leafs for being out of shape, so perhaps this is a personal thing with Roberts.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:The surprise here, to me at least, is that Eakins makes this pretty public. Not sure if he's trying to "shame" him or if they're setting up for something else. Roberts called out Burke and the Leafs for being out of shape, so perhaps this is a personal thing with Roberts.

That whole organization is a gong show. Either way, Kadri is prime for a trade and he will probably be going out West to a team like Calgary or Dallas.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shawarmas are healthy in comparison to other fast food, but they are still fattening due to the garlic sauce and the greasiness of the chicken.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mmmmmmmmmm shawarma... BAZOOKA SHAWARMA!!!!!

Damn. Now I'm hungry. And I had a huge beef roti for lunch.... heh heh.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm shawarma... BAZOOKA SHAWARMA!!!!!

Damn. Now I'm hungry. And I had a huge beef roti for lunch.... heh heh.

That wouldn't stop me either. Or Nazim Fatri, evidendtly.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I think it's worth noting that Kadri thinks it's NBD:

Maybe I could've dropped it a little more, but for the most part I'm happy with where I am, I'm happy with how I feel on the ice, I'm happy with my conditioning and my endurance.

If Eakins thinks his current condition is "unacceptable" and Kadri thinks he's good, what does that tell you about his attitude?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum