GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Flo The Action
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
spader
wprager
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 31]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKid wrote:Too praised too soon, as usual with MTL fans and media. Success get to your head and then you think you're the 2nd coming. I've seen it so many times. Even Price had a big head during the Centennial year but he's a way more mature than this eccentric PK
Get a good, reasonable 2nd contract and then hit the home run in the next one after he proves himself.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
LeKid wrote:Too praised too soon, as usual with MTL fans and media. Success get to your head and then you think you're the 2nd coming. I've seen it so many times. Even Price had a big head during the Centennial year but he's a way more mature than this eccentric PK
Get a good, reasonable 2nd contract and then hit the home run in the next one after he proves himself.

Why, get as much as you can right now.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oglethorpe wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Why, get as much as you can right now.
I was speaking as a neutral party that has nothing to gain either way.

If I'm PK, I want the biggest and best contract I can get, with a NTC and all the trimmings.
If I'm the Habs, I want to spend the least amount of $$$ I have to with the most flexibility.

Somewhere in the middle is the contract.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd be trading Subban. I am not convinced he is someone you want to build a franchise around. I mean, you're already having contract disputes when he has yet to accomplish anything of signifigance.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Does anyone know what he (ie: his agent) is asking for or what the Habs are offering?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Does anyone know what he (ie: his agent) is asking for or what the Habs are offering?
not a hundred percent sure but the word around montreal is in the range of a five year deal averaging 5 mil a season.
ludicrous

trade trade trade!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like that Habs offered him a 3-year, $12M contract.

So, meet in the middle. 4 year, $17.5M.

233Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd probably just pay him and get him into the lineup. He's worth more signed to other teams than not and he'll be a 50 point guy or more I assume. Don't like him at all, but still...

234Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sign and trade might be the idea but obviously the lowest cap hit you can get him at the more they'll be able to get in return.

but honestly they'll be an outcry from fans if they trade him in montreal. they love him and obviously we haven't seen what the Bergevin leadership is capable of doing but until they prove they have the stones to do unpopular hockey decisions to me, i still think alot of what goes on in Montreal has to be supported by Media and (by extention) fans. It's a Dung market in that respect.

I'm off to go see their free practice tonight with some habs fans buddy of mine. wish i could attend the ones in ottawa but alas i'm stuck here. will be interesting to see some of their prospects in action I guess.

235Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:sign and trade might be the idea but obviously the lowest cap hit you can get him at the more they'll be able to get in return.

but honestly they'll be an outcry from fans if they trade him in montreal. they love him and obviously we haven't seen what the Bergevin leadership is capable of doing but until they prove they have the stones to do unpopular hockey decisions to me, i still think alot of what goes on in Montreal has to be supported by Media and (by extention) fans. It's a Dung market in that respect.

I'm off to go see their free practice tonight with some habs fans buddy of mine. wish i could attend the ones in ottawa but alas i'm stuck here. will be interesting to see some of their prospects in action I guess.

That's the problem right there. I hope they keep him because it only benefits the Sens, he is going to hurt the Habs a lot more than he will help in very short order.

236Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:sign and trade might be the idea but obviously the lowest cap hit you can get him at the more they'll be able to get in return.

All depends on what they get back IMO. If he can get them a solid piece or two, Montreal fans will forget very quickly.

237Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

That's the problem right there. I hope they keep him because it only benefits the Sens, he is going to hurt the Habs a lot more than he will help in very short order.

Not sure I'd go that far but he's asking for too much too soon. It's not like he won, or ever will win, the Norris. Wink

238Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I just can't believe he is asking for what he is asking for... he has done nothing other than prove he is a decent NHL player. He deserves a little more than MDZ just based on 2 fairly consistent seasons but not special seasons by any stretch. Like most people are saying, 3.5 a year for 2 years is probably exactly what he's worth and even then I think it might be a slight overpayment.

Only reason why this is going on any longer is because Montreal is in a damned if they do damned if they don't position. It's a no win right now because that Montreal team is shallow on the blueline to say the least.

239Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I just can't believe he is asking for what he is asking for... he has done nothing other than prove he is a decent NHL player. He deserves a little more than MDZ just based on 2 fairly consistent seasons but not special seasons by any stretch. Like most people are saying, 3.5 a year for 2 years is probably exactly what he's worth and even then I think it might be a slight overpayment.

Only reason why this is going on any longer is because Montreal is in a damned if they do damned if they don't position. It's a no win right now because that Montreal team is shallow on the blueline to say the least.

Tough spot for Bergevin if he wants to make a stand and show that he's not a pushover.

240Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:I just can't believe he is asking for what he is asking for... he has done nothing other than prove he is a decent NHL player. He deserves a little more than MDZ just based on 2 fairly consistent seasons but not special seasons by any stretch. Like most people are saying, 3.5 a year for 2 years is probably exactly what he's worth and even then I think it might be a slight overpayment.

Tough spot for Bergevin if he wants to make a stand and show that he's not a pushover.

He has to right? You can't let a player dictate the direction of your team short of being Crosby, Ovechkin (even that was a mistake), Toews, or Paul Bissonette.

241Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Some guys on the team don't like him. Even the captain doesn't seem to. With this contract dispute it's getting even worse. I do think he is gonna become a N1 defenseman, but when you're messing the dressing room, we all know the team will never reach its maximum potential. In Montreal more-so than anywhere.

242Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HC@Noon: Subban news: nothing happening. PK and his agent to meet tomorrow to go over "next steps". Sounds like talks have gone ICE COLD. Bergevin drawing a line I guess. Good on him. He has to.

243Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 16 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:HC@Noon: Subban news: nothing happening. PK and his agent to meet tomorrow to go over "next steps". Sounds like talks have gone ICE COLD. Bergevin drawing a line I guess. Good on him. He has to.

Kind of sucks that the Habs and Leafs are seemingly getting their shizz together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum