GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Flo The Action
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
spader
wprager
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 31]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:MacLean had a interesting idea on HC@Noon. Subban should sign a 2-year deal, $4.5M/year. More than the Habs want, but meets their term needs. Then he can cash in on his third contract after two years, which would potentially pay him more than any deal he'll get now.

Problem is, if he bonks in the next two years... he could be in trouble. Habs must like their prospect depth at D to be holding out like this.

That or his demands are actually crazy and they're worlds apart.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
What a silly thing to say. How could Benn and Subban be considered comparables in any sense of the word? They both play hockey?

Isn't Subban represented by the same agent(or agency) as Doughty ?

Yeah .... this could drag on.

I wonder if the Habs are being cheap or Subban is being greedy. I know he wants a long-term deal and Habs want a short term but they're not even close on $$$.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was listening to 690 (the new sports station in Montreal) while picking my kid up after his exam. They were talking about how the Habs have all the parts for a successful team:

A true #1 goalie: Price ... check
A "horse" on defense: Subban ... check
A PP QB: Markov ... check

They went on from there. Something about size down the middle (Galchenyuk and Pacioretty), a power forwards in Cole, then how they would have a core with which they could compete for the Cup for years to come.

Umm, Cole is not a power forward anymore, not like before, and not fore very much longer. Markov has played fewer than 30 games in the last two calendar years, I think. His next injury may be his last, and not in the good way. Subban a horse? I think if you asked him he'd say "I'm a stallion!" but that really wouldn't mean that much.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They forgot to point out the parts for a belsunce breakdown:
Stupid fans and media that are running the hockey ops

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

At least they were not gushing like they did last year, how Subban was going to score 20-25 goals ("... and I really think I am being conservative").

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:At least they were not gushing like they did last year, how Subban was going to score 20-25 goals ("... and I really think I am being conservative").
Oh man... we should go back to those "I would take Subban over Karlsson any day" threads and troll like a boss.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Louis Jean:

"Speculation was today's meeting between #Canadiens & Subban's agent would yield new offer. Not the case. 1/2"

https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/status/294938796389171200

"Source suggest both sides will take weekend to re-assess position. 2/2"

https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/status/294938796389171200

Still far apart I guess...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Subban can't afford to miss much more time and if the Habs keep winning at a decent clip he has absolutely no leverage. He's getting some bad advice and if it's more a Subban thing than a Meahan thing then he's an absolute moron.

You can't build a team around a player like that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

My guess is something happens next week. One way or another.

340Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 23 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ok evander kane is def an idiot though

341Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 23 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:ok evander kane is def an idiot though
Not a fan of the haircut?

342Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 23 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

More importantly why is Evander Kane being mentioned in this thread? #racist Sarcasm

343Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 23 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:

More importantly why is Evander Kane being mentioned in this thread? #racist Sarcasm
Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Renaud:

"No progress in talks for PK Subban contract. Offer from MTL is still the same since May: 2,3 million dollars this season and 2,9 in 2013-14."

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/295168979088072705

So, Habs are sticking to a 2-year/$5.2M deal. PK's team wants a 5-year deal in the range of Benn money. This ain't getting resolved anytime soon methinks, unless he's moved or offer-sheeted and the Habs match.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Renaud updates his English tweet... he had the #'s wrong:

"French Renaud had it right. Canadiens offer to PK Subban, 2.2 million first year, 2.9 for next season."

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/295181894469955584

So 2-year/$5.1M offer. That is crazy low ball.

346Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 23 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Renaud updates his English tweet... he had the #'s wrong:

"French Renaud had it right. Canadiens offer to PK Subban, 2.2 million first year, 2.9 for next season."

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/295181894469955584

So 2-year/$5.1M offer. That is crazy low ball.

Since Philly is really hurting on the D.. would they be stupid enough to offer sheet Subban at about 5-6M a season for 7 yrs? Then would Mtl match that?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. They should offer sheet them just to mess with their cap situation long term. I'm sure they'd match anything. But you never know...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 23 F

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum