GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Flo The Action
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
spader
wprager
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 31]

1Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Montreal sends Ryan O'Byrne to COL for Michael Bournival.

Burning Car

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=340710

I think O'Byrne will help Colorado a lot, who have had their roster depleted by injuries. Montreal gets a solid offensive prospect in Borunival, who has 24 points through 17 games with Shawinigan of the QMJHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

O'Byrne -- sounds Irish.

Bournival -- not so much. Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yay! I fixed the time!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Campoli activated off of IR.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bourque making his Canadiens debut right now as they host the Rangers. Wearing #27.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Habs are finally waking up. 4-1 in the third against the Rags.

EDIT: They won. 4-1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Habs are finally waking up. 4-1 in the third against the Rags.

EDIT: They won. 4-1

I guess it wasn't coincidence that they gave the Sens pretty much all they could handle. With Anderson as the 1st star, a questionable goal disallowed, it still took a shootout (in which they are notoriously bad) to beat them. The Habs have outplayed the Bruins and beat the Rangers. Maybe they really aren't as bad as all that. Did someone tell them they were eliminated or something?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently RDS was saying that Price turned down a 7-year $49M extension ???

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Apparently RDS was saying that Price turned down a 7-year $49M extension ???

Really? That's a nice package for him...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Apparently RDS was saying that Price turned down a 7-year $49M extension ???

Maybe he's tired of the gong show?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I dunno, he's survived it pretty well...if they lose him, they'll be in some trouble to say the least.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I dunno, he's survived it pretty well...if they lose him, they'll be in some trouble to say the least.

For sure. I certainly can't speak for him, but I'd want out of that mess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

For sure. I certainly can't speak for him, but I'd want out of that mess.

Not long ago *he* was that mess, and while I'm not going to support the current management, the organization, at the time, made a very risky move to keep him, and gave him what I thought a more-than-fair contract.

That said, most clubs are looking for a true #1, many are saddled with bad contracts. Who does that leave? New Jersey, Edmonton (if they buy out Khabibulin), Columbus, Toronto (wouldn't that be something), Washington. Those are UFA destination. If you add in potential trades, that opens up a few more, like LA.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm sure they'll work something out for Price in Montreal. If he were to leave, I think they'd be in big trouble. Price gets ragged on a lot in Montreal, but without him, they'd be so much worse off.

He's an RFA. I don't see him going elsewhere.

I see the "rumour" is that he wants a 10 year deal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Marinaro is saying Price has not been offered a 7x7 deal.

"After speaking with people very close to the situation I have been told that Carey Price has NOT been offered a 7 year 49M contract."

https://twitter.com/#!/TonyMarinaro/status/158733004963983360

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 31]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum