GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Flo The Action
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
spader
wprager
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 31]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Renaud:

"No discussion today between the Canadiens and PK Subban agent, Don Meehan."

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/290951504716787712

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Via Renaud:

Excellent correct threadedness on your part, old friend.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Via Renaud:

Excellent correct threadedness on your part, old friend.
I would have it no other way...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It also fits under "General Hockey Talk - injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league".

215Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 15 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure if this is a TIDBIT, a QUICK HIT, or nothing, but why the fvck does Travis Moen have a (modified) NTC? Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Subban's agent was on HC@Noon today and said the two sides are not close to a deal. It's not a CBA issue, meaning this is about $$$ and term.

Something's gotta give...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

This is becoming Drew Doughty situation, with a player that hasn't accomplished half of what Doughty did.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:This is becoming Drew Doughty situation, with a player that hasn't accomplished half of what Doughty did.
IMO they should of moved him this summer. He's got good value but if you dig a little in Mtl, he's a problem amongst the team. They might have been able to get JVR + for him in a trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And by that I meant a deal with the flyers not the leafs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Subban is so overrated by the media and fans it's unreal. What has he ever done besides have 2 decent seasons. Being a #1 D man in Montreal isn't exactly something to be proud of... their blueline is about as shallow as a kiddy pool.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:This is becoming Drew Doughty situation, with a player that hasn't accomplished half of what Doughty did.
100% agree. Who does this kid think he is? This is why we just had a lockout for Diddle sake.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
100% agree. Who does this kid think he is? This is why we just had a lockout for Diddle sake.
im actually glad it's THEIR problem. If he holds out and the Habs suck this year I can half a good laugh on my friends here in Montreal.
Anyways, so many fans in Mtl want their team to fail just so it can help their rebuilding process.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Honestly, if you are the Habs you trade him and trade him now. Ship him off to a place like Edmonton and get their 1st in a package with Brodin and MPS. That will put what the Habs are doing right back on track and build the proper way. Subban is not a franchise D man despite what some people would have you believe.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Too praised too soon, as usual with MTL fans and media. Success get to your head and then you think you're the 2nd coming. I've seen it so many times. Even Price had a big head during the Centennial year but he's a way more mature than this eccentric PK

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Honestly, if you are the Habs you trade him and trade him now. Ship him off to a place like Edmonton and get their 1st in a package with Brodin and MPS. That will put what the Habs are doing right back on track and build the proper way. Subban is not a franchise D man despite what some people would have you believe.

I think there would be resistance to that idea from both Montreal and Edmonton. Unless Tamellini is actually a complete moron (which he might be), then he knows that Oilers team will be finishing around 10th, so that pick is pretty valuable. I could see them finishing bottom 5 again when the dust settles and that pick could cost them getting Jones.

If I were them, I'd be real cool right now unless someone foolishly offered me a franchise goalie.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKid wrote:Too praised too soon, as usual with MTL fans and media. Success get to your head and then you think you're the 2nd coming. I've seen it so many times. Even Price had a big head during the Centennial year but he's a way more mature than this eccentric PK
Get a good, reasonable 2nd contract and then hit the home run in the next one after he proves himself.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
LeKid wrote:Too praised too soon, as usual with MTL fans and media. Success get to your head and then you think you're the 2nd coming. I've seen it so many times. Even Price had a big head during the Centennial year but he's a way more mature than this eccentric PK
Get a good, reasonable 2nd contract and then hit the home run in the next one after he proves himself.

Why, get as much as you can right now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oglethorpe wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Why, get as much as you can right now.
I was speaking as a neutral party that has nothing to gain either way.

If I'm PK, I want the biggest and best contract I can get, with a NTC and all the trimmings.
If I'm the Habs, I want to spend the least amount of $$$ I have to with the most flexibility.

Somewhere in the middle is the contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum