GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+12
Flo The Action
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
spader
wprager
Riprock
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 31]

241Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Some guys on the team don't like him. Even the captain doesn't seem to. With this contract dispute it's getting even worse. I do think he is gonna become a N1 defenseman, but when you're messing the dressing room, we all know the team will never reach its maximum potential. In Montreal more-so than anywhere.

242Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HC@Noon: Subban news: nothing happening. PK and his agent to meet tomorrow to go over "next steps". Sounds like talks have gone ICE COLD. Bergevin drawing a line I guess. Good on him. He has to.

243Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:HC@Noon: Subban news: nothing happening. PK and his agent to meet tomorrow to go over "next steps". Sounds like talks have gone ICE COLD. Bergevin drawing a line I guess. Good on him. He has to.

Kind of sucks that the Habs and Leafs are seemingly getting their shizz together.

244Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:HC@Noon: Subban news: nothing happening. PK and his agent to meet tomorrow to go over "next steps". Sounds like talks have gone ICE COLD. Bergevin drawing a line I guess. Good on him. He has to.

Kind of sucks that the Habs and Leafs are seemingly getting their shizz together.

Yup, looks like the Habs have a good GM at this point... one that won't back down. If PK misses any kind of extended time already added to the time he has missed, then that's a whole year of development down the tubes... not good for Montreal.

If you are the Habs you move him and move him quick.

245Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Problem is, PK is on of their "best" d-men. They are going to need him if they want to do anything this year. When Markov gets injured, and there's no PK... not a good situation for the Habs' D.

246Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Problem is, PK is on of their "best" d-men. They are going to need him if they want to do anything this year. When Markov gets injured, and there's no PK... not a good situation for the Habs' D.

They need to build a team and PK is the anti-team builder from what I have seen.

Fact of the matter is Montreal is becoming more and more like Toronto and players are avoiding playing there for good reason. No one wants to live in that fish bowl. That's why teams like Pitt, Philly, SJ, etc all get the best UFA's and are able to resign their high end guys, they are left alone to play their game.

247Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Problem is, PK is on of their "best" d-men. They are going to need him if they want to do anything this year. When Markov gets injured, and there's no PK... not a good situation for the Habs' D.

They should get Hamonic and something extra from the Isles. Punishment for the PeeKer and a nice add for the Habs.

248Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd get PK signed long-term. I think he's going to be legit. He's not a franchise D but I'd still lock him up. They can't afford to lose him.

249Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I'd get PK signed long-term. I think he's going to be legit. He's not a franchise D but I'd still lock him up. They can't afford to lose him.

Key word there, not just you but A LOT of people. That's the problem in a nut shell. What do you do based on what you think vs what you know?

250Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I'd get PK signed long-term. I think he's going to be legit. He's not a franchise D but I'd still lock him up. They can't afford to lose him.

Key word there, not just you but A LOT of people. That's the problem in a nut shell. What do you do based on what you think vs what you know?

I'd sign him to something like Turris got. He hasn't proven much either, and PK has actually proven more in his brief career. In that case Ottawa is signing him for what they think he will become, same thing with Montreal if they signed him to a similar deal.

251Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'd sign him to something like Turris got. He hasn't proven much either, and PK has actually proven more in his brief career. In that case Ottawa is signing him for what they think he will become, same thing with Montreal if they signed him to a similar deal.

By all accounts Subban is turning down 3.5 a year. He wants 5 x 5 which is out of this world insane. If they signed him to a Turris deal I think everyone would say "yah, that's fair".

252Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

By all accounts Subban is turning down 3.5 a year. He wants 5 x 5 which is out of this world insane. If they signed him to a Turris deal I think everyone would say "yah, that's fair".

I didn't read what he had turned down. But I would probably still shell out the 5 x 5. That's just me though. PK contributes in all areas and is very young. I'd rather pay a guy like PK 5 x 5 than an old Gonchar 5 x 3.

253Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Do you trust PK the person with 25 million dollars? That's the other issue. What happens if he has an off year out of the gate? How does he react knowing he has the contract? So many factors.

You can give him a 25 million dollar deal he hasn't earned. Montreal and the media has turned him into something he isn't, and that's a legit #1, top 20 D man in the league. He's neither.

254Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 17 Empty Re: Montreal Canadiens TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Do you trust PK the person with 25 million dollars? That's the other issue. What happens if he has an off year out of the gate? How does he react knowing he has the contract? So many factors.

You can give him a 25 million dollar deal he hasn't earned. Montreal and the media has turned him into something he isn't, and that's a legit #1, top 20 D man in the league. He's neither.

Yeah, I would trust him. I think PK gets an unfair rep because he's a black man in a white man's sport. I don't think he's unlike any other young player, really. Hell the guy went to work at Sportsnet during the lockout rather than do nothing and party it up and whatnot. I can't say this for sure, but I feel he is and will be more mature o the ice than he was when he first started out.

It will be interesting to see what he signs for.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Do you trust PK the person with 25 million dollars? That's the other issue. What happens if he has an off year out of the gate? How does he react knowing he has the contract? So many factors.

Yeah, I would trust him. I think PK gets an unfair rep because he's a black man in a white man's sport. I don't think he's unlike any other young player, really. Hell the guy went to work at Sportsnet during the lockout rather than do nothing and party it up and whatnot. I can't say this for sure, but I feel he is and will be more mature o the ice than he was when he first started out.

It will be interesting to see what he signs for.

Took Price a long time to recover too and there are examples like Emery as well who got too much too soon... PK has to be controlled.

His work on sportsnet was great... doesn't mean he mature enough to handle the fame and fortune of playing in Montreal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Del Zotto is a fairly perfect comparable in this situation if you look at their stats. Also, I would argue Del Zotto has accomplished more (playoffs). He signed $2.5M x 2. Subban must hate that. Subban doesn't have a leg to stand on, other than acting like an entitled jerkoff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Del Zotto is a fairly perfect comparable in this situation if you look at their stats. Also, I would argue Del Zotto has accomplished more (playoffs). He signed $2.5M x 2. Subban must hate that. Subban doesn't have a leg to stand on, other than acting like an entitled jerkoff.

Bang on.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Subban is much better than Del Zotto all-around and has higher upside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum