GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010

+27
Cronie
Jordo
Hobiesens
asq2
Oglethorpe
sens4win
garblar
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
stempniaksen
Riprock
strachattack
rooneypoo
Amnesia021
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
Ev
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
PKC
wprager
SensHulk
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Oct 18, 2010

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap230%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Also, I just read on Chrip that the Sens had an off day today? Ummm....excuse me?

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

you need to calm down, they need a day off. they had to skate up and down the ice many times and are very tired....

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I was thinking about Butler - no word of a lie, I was thinking about that guy yesterday. We need someone with speed, someone who's really hungry for that puck, someone who needs to score. Butler and Hale would be my callups if I was GM, Lee to the pressbox, I'd keep Kovalev with Winchester and Foligno.

Isn't this exactly what I said about Butler before the season started?

I think there was a few of us pretty excited about Butler and Hoffman (and Gryba for me). There was no room before, now there might be - for no other reason than we need someone with speed and hands that can handle the 2nd line. Not sure if Butler's ready yet, I thought he'd spend until January at least in the AHL before jumping, but it's looking like we could use a spark. Foligno and Regin could be that spark though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:Sens fans everywhere need to calm the hell down. This is just snowballing out of hand with the negativity. Blaming the goaltending for any of the losses is about as pathetic an excuse as I can even think of (with the exception of the Washington game). This is just the case of a team lacking some confidence right now. That's it, that's all. And everyone is caught up in the "look how much better everyone else is right now".

People need to stop getting too high or too low after every game and realize that it's an 82 game season. Whether we go 1-4-1 right now or in January is the same thing.

Some of you guys on here are just spouting off like goddamn imbeciles with this "we need better goaltending" "fire Clouston" "start Lehner on Friday" Dung.

Half of our first six games were against Division opponents, though, and we got zero points out of those games. Of course intra-Division play only becomes interesting when you're solid with a playoff spot and are jostling for home advantage in the first round; when you're out of a playoff spot it really doesn't matter much. Still, if, at the end of the year we are within 6 points of leading our Division, and it's a difference between being the 3rd seed or the 5th/6th, then it's fairly significant.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

if its any consolation for anyone, a few years ago we started out 2-4, then went on to the SCF, finished 4th....

The next we started out 5-1 and got swept in the first round, finished 7th

The next year we went 2-4 and didn't make the playoffs, finished 11th

The next year we went 4-2 and lost in the first round, finished 5th

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amnesia021 wrote:if its any consolation for anyone, a few years ago we started out 2-4, then went on to the SCF, finished 4th....

The next we started out 5-1 and got swept in the first round, finished 7th

The next year we went 2-4 and didn't make the playoffs, finished 11th

The next year we went 4-2 and lost in the first round, finished 5th

Don't need consolation yet. It's six games and I choose to look at 10-game "packages".

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah i agre that regin isn't being thrown in the right situations. before yesterday i didn't see the guy we had seen last year but in yesterday's game he showed us better plays then i had seen this season. i think he's ready to come back and have a shot on the top 2 lines. at any rate CC isn't instaling any chemistry by switching the lines all the time.
and yes it's high time we bring Butler up. trust me he'll play like the wind, cuz the last few games are screaming OPPORTUNITY to anyone who's willing to go for it.

my lines would be
michalek - spezza - regin
butler - fisher- alfie
neil - kelly - ruutu
foligno- smith/winni- kovalev(if you can bench kovi then shannon)

i absolutely want regin playing with spezza.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, they just mentioned on healthy scratches that Lee is playing his off-side. Well, no wonder he is not playing as well as he did in the pre-season. Growing up he's only *ever* had to play the right side, being a right-hand-shot (those are few and far-between on D). I never understood that move by Clouston -- sure, Karlsson and Lee should probably be playing 3rd pairing minutes, but by putting them together you are making up a pairing of a 19-year-old sophomore and pretty much a rookie playing a position he's never had to play.

That, and not calling time outs are two things that really bug me about Clouston.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Sens fans everywhere need to calm the hell down. This is just snowballing out of hand with the negativity. Blaming the goaltending for any of the losses is about as pathetic an excuse as I can even think of (with the exception of the Washington game). This is just the case of a team lacking some confidence right now. That's it, that's all. And everyone is caught up in the "look how much better everyone else is right now".

People need to stop getting too high or too low after every game and realize that it's an 82 game season. Whether we go 1-4-1 right now or in January is the same thing.

Some of you guys on here are just spouting off like goddamn imbeciles with this "we need better goaltending" "fire Clouston" "start Lehner on Friday" Dung.

I think you're the one who needs to calm down haha. Smile Nobody is flipping out just yet, they're just making observations. Personally, I'm not blaming the goaltenders, they just need to be much better along with everybody else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That being said, if we go 0-2 against Buffalo and Montreal, then it's time to truly panic! Ahhhhh!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I'm getting tired of this 10 games let's see BS. If I told my boss I need a month to get into the groove to build my confidence, he'd show me the door.

And I don't make anywhere near the bucks these schmucks make...

Sophomore
Sophomore

how come our guys need 10 games to get in the grove and other teams don't?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:By the way, they just mentioned on healthy scratches that Lee is playing his off-side. Well, no wonder he is not playing as well as he did in the pre-season. Growing up he's only *ever* had to play the right side, being a right-hand-shot (those are few and far-between on D). I never understood that move by Clouston -- sure, Karlsson and Lee should probably be playing 3rd pairing minutes, but by putting them together you are making up a pairing of a 19-year-old sophomore and pretty much a rookie playing a position he's never had to play.

That, and not calling time outs are two things that really bug me about Clouston.

Like I said during pre-season, it's setting Lee up to fail.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Imagine if a team went 0-9, but people said "wait unitl 10 games to judge them". They'd pretty much be out of the playoffs by then.

Actually wait, that was last year's Leafs. They played very well after January 1st, but they still couldn't get out of the basement because of their putrid start.

Sophomore
Sophomore

pascal leclair for tim thomas

they have to take lee too

Last edited by 111519 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

^Hell yeah!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

THANK YOU! Finally someone notices this Facepalm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:

THANK YOU! Finally someone notices this GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators  @ Pittsburgh Penguin - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 18, 2010 - Page 17 489887

It bugs me every single game. No wonder we allow goals seconds apart all the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum