GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010

+23
CockRoche
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
garblar
TheAvatar
Ev
wprager
dennycrane
PTFlea
SensHulk
shabbs
rooneypoo
beerandsens
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Carolina @ Ottawa Oct 14, 2010

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 15 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a 1 game to deter this.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a 1 game to deter this.

Probably because it wasn't predatory and the guy was only blind sided because he wasn't looking forward.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a 1 game to deter this.

They should give Dwyer a game for being a Cussing idiot and skating full speed through the neutral zone looking behind him.

I think there should be an onus on making sure guys don't put themselves in a position to be hurt like that jabroni Dwyer.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

$2500 fine for Foligno as per OttawaSun.com

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

They should give Dwyer a game for being a Cussing idiot and skating full speed through the neutral zone looking behind him.

I think there should be an onus on making sure guys don't put themselves in a position to be hurt like that jabroni Dwyer.

+1

Skating forward, looking back. What do you expect to happen? Foligno makes a play at the puck, doesn't follow through on the check, and gets fined? BS.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Brennan says "... or he really is made of bone china".

Umm, bone china is actually nearly unbreakable, no? Porcelain? Sure. But not bone china.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:By the way, Brennan says "... or he really is made of bone china".

Umm, bone china is actually nearly unbreakable, no? Porcelain? Sure. But not bone china.

Brennan should have just written another "Uh-Oh" article.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:By the way, Brennan says "... or he really is made of bone china".

Nope. Bone china is quite fragile. The analogy......STANDS :KKK:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:

Check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_china

Listed characteristics: high strength.

Hmmm....

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:

Hmmm....

it's stronger than regular china, but it's nothing even approaching unbreakable.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:

Hmmm....

it's stronger than regular china, but it's nothing even approaching unbreakable.
Reminds me of a story when I was working at The Keg out in Bells Corners back in the day, this was before it became Chi-Chi's (worked there too)... if anyone remembers that. We got a shipment of "unbreakable" glass cups for the butter that goes with the free bread (shit that bread was amazing). Anyway, as soon as we saw that it said unbreakable, what do we do? We start slamming them on the tile floor trying to break them of course. Took a while but if you got it to smack just right, it would shatter into a million pieces of glass. It was awesome. Man, I loved working at the Keg back then... we were all a bunch of jackasses in high school whooping it up and getting paid to goof around and cook food. Good times.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Point is, if you want to talk about dishes, the bone china is *very* durable. Unbreakable? Nothing is. So what. His analogy was still faulty. As usual.

This goes back over 20 years, when we were getting married and my wife was selecting the china patterns. I *had* to ask, and I got an earfuil -- and a demonstration. Bone china is *not* brittle. If you have "china" that's brittle, it is not bone china (that's why bone china is so expensive).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just noticed that I rolled 12,000 posts... sweet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Just noticed that I rolled 12,000 posts... sweet.

Congrats.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I concede!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:I concede!

The points race or the china?