GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010

+23
CockRoche
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
garblar
TheAvatar
Ev
wprager
dennycrane
PTFlea
SensHulk
shabbs
rooneypoo
beerandsens
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Carolina @ Ottawa Oct 14, 2010

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
PKC wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PKC wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:so supposedly people are booing karlsson? give him a break..

Have you been watching? He looks so complacent.
ya bt he's a kid and he's going to make mistakes. let CC deal with it. there's no need to boo him. we don't need that crap here.

It's one thing for a young player to make honest mistakes while learning the game, but it's completely different for him to look complacent, lazy and uninterested while doing it.

Yeah but we are not Montreal. What good can come from the fans alienating a young player in his 2nd year in the league who has the pressure and hype of being our #1 defenceman?

There shouldn't be any alienation...this is just telling him "hey, we're paying to see you play, so why don't you start acting like you give a Dung."

Ottawa fans have NEVER, EVER, EVER booed someone who didn't have enough skill, but competed hard every night. We do have a big problem in this city with players who are lackadaisical and look uninterested and complacent.

Nothing wrong with letting Karlsson know we have high hopes for him and that we won't accept mediocrity when we know he can be better. And he's smart enough to get the message.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:well I think its worth mentioning that Brian Lee was pretty good yesterday. He was sound defensively and actually bailed out Karlsson on an occasion or two. Good to see that (even on his offside)

The best thing I can say about Lee is I didn't notice him making too many mistakes. He also seemed to be getting physical too.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Michallica wrote:well I think its worth mentioning that Brian Lee was pretty good yesterday. He was sound defensively and actually bailed out Karlsson on an occasion or two. Good to see that (even on his offside)

The best thing I can say about Lee is I didn't notice him making too many mistakes. He also seemed to be getting physical too.

I don't think Lee made any mistakes last night. He was easily one of the best players on the ice last night. Although he looks like he'll still be the odd man out when Kuba gets back.

On a side note, looks like there could be some serious temperament issues bubbling to the surface soon with the ice time Kovalev is getting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That sucks for the NHL, it's impossible to rule on that hit. It wasn't predatory, it was more incidental, but they have to send a message that these aren't acceptable.

Looks fine to me, if they suspend Foligno, they're going down a slippery slope.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PKC wrote:And to add to it, after watching the replay again, why the hell is Dwyer accelerating through the neutral zone and looking behind him? Do they not teach these guys anything?
Yeah, his head is turned all the way around and he's looking back... in the neutral zone... very dangerous... even hitting him from the front would be "blind side"...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
PKC wrote:And to add to it, after watching the replay again, why the hell is Dwyer accelerating through the neutral zone and looking behind him? Do they not teach these guys anything?
Yeah, his head is turned all the way around and he's looking back... in the neutral zone... very dangerous... even hitting him from the front would be "blind side"...

That's my beef with the black and white interpretation of this rule...it sets a precedent for guys to put themselves in dangerous positions because they know the rule book should protect them from "blind side" hits.

For a guy like Dwyer, they should let him know his NHL career won't be very long if he keeps skating through the neutral zone looking behind him, whether there's a rulebook to protect him or not.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to the Score

http://twitter.com/ScoreOttawa

Nick Foligno will be fined for his hit on Dwyer, no suspension

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They had to do something on this due to the optics of it. I'm fine with it. No pun intended.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:According to the Score

I think that's an acceptable resolution.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I haven't seen a replay as I was at the game, but the bit of pushing and shoving afterwards makes a little more sense now.

My long standing complaint about the NHL is this: if that was a punishable headshot - fine. To have any level of integrity, the NHL MUST punish all such hits with fines and/or suspensions. IMO, the NHL has little to no credibility when it comes to discipline.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:

I would too if Foligno actually did anything wrong. I looked at the clip again and Foligno never touched Dwyers head. It looks like he does from some angles because his head snaps back but on other angles you see the contact is torso to torso and the impact snaps Dwyer back.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

I would too if Foligno actually did anything wrong. I looked at the clip again and Foligno never touched Dwyers head. It looks like he does from some angles because his head snaps back but on other angles you see the contact is torso to torso and the impact snaps Dwyer back.

But the rule includes blind side hits which is what the offense is in this case.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

But the rule includes blind side hits which is what the offense is in this case.

I suppose. I look forward to seeing more blatant examples go unpunished.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:

I suppose. I look forward to seeing more blatant examples go unpunished.

It's only a matter of time for Alex Ovechkin blind sides someone and gets away clean.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TSN has it now...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337462

I wonder how much the fine is?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a 1 game to deter this.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a 1 game to deter this.

Probably because it wasn't predatory and the guy was only blind sided because he wasn't looking forward.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give him a 1 game to deter this.

They should give Dwyer a game for being a Cussing idiot and skating full speed through the neutral zone looking behind him.

I think there should be an onus on making sure guys don't put themselves in a position to be hurt like that jabroni Dwyer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum