GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cowen to Spokane

+11
Riprock
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Tuk Tuk
CockRoche
spader
wprager
dennycrane
Ev
Hobiesens
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Cowen to Spokane - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowen to Spokane Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:24 am

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Rundblad with another goal so far today. Rockon

EDIT: Ends up being the game-winner.

2nd EDIT: Player of the game honours for DR. 7, to top it off.

Last edited by asq2 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

32Cowen to Spokane - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowen to Spokane Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Now all we need are some blue chip forwards.

And I was just beginning to feel good about this team. Dammit!

There's still time. By the time Rundblad, Karlsson, Cowen, Weircioch and Gryba are main stays on the back end we'll hopefully have some good forward prospects coming in.

That's going to be a ridiculously inexperienced back end if that's who's playing in 3 years' time.

I didn't say 3 years anywhere and I agree with you. I said by the time these guys are main stays. What I mean by that is by the time they're here and are legitimate top 5 D in this league. For arguments sake we'll have Karlsson as a 5 year veteran in 3 years from the end of this season and Phillips will still be here. I'll be quite pleased with a top pairing D of Phillips and Eric "5 year NHL Vet" Karlsson at that time.

You'll also need to start playing Cowen, Weircioch, Gryba and Rundblad by then won't you? What do you suggest we do with those guys? No way I want to see Rundblad and Cowen still in Bingo 3 years from now for sure.

I agree, Cowen and Rundblad et al shouldn't still be in Bingo 3 years from now. Which is why you have a problem when you stockpile talent at one position - mind you it IS a good problem to have, in this case.

I could see Kuba getting re-signed with Phillips - Kuba 2/3-year extension and Phillips six years. Then you could stagger the arrival of the young guys as spots on the blueline open up (and assuming they develop as forecast).

You'll have Cowen up next year. Weircioch most likely the year after and the possibility of Rundblad in the same year. Yikes, it's tough any way you slice it.

33Cowen to Spokane - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowen to Spokane Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:39 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

There will be some growing pains. If I were in charge/had Melnyk's consent I'd probably target that period for an actual rebuild. The potential on that back-end with Lehner, Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Wiercioch, Gryba, Lee et al. is astounding. If you can use the time while they're getting used to the NHL to add an elite young forward or two, you're laughing.

34Cowen to Spokane - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowen to Spokane Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:There will be some growing pains. If I were in charge/had Melnyk's consent I'd probably target that period for an actual rebuild. The potential on that back-end with Lehner, Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Wiercioch, Gryba, Lee et al. is astounding. If you can use the time while they're getting used to the NHL to add an elite young forward or two, you're laughing.

He'd say go nuts on the rebuild, but make sure to make the playoffs.

35Cowen to Spokane - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowen to Spokane Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:There will be some growing pains. If I were in charge/had Melnyk's consent I'd probably target that period for an actual rebuild. The potential on that back-end with Lehner, Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Wiercioch, Gryba, Lee et al. is astounding. If you can use the time while they're getting used to the NHL to add an elite young forward or two, you're laughing.

No kidding, just to think with Weber, Hamuis and Suter the Preds were potentially seconds away from eliminating Chicago with their best forward at an amazing 51 pts...

36Cowen to Spokane - Page 3 Empty Re: Cowen to Spokane Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gordie Howe hat trick for Cowen last night. Goal, assist, and this fight. He looks pissed off, I love it. :KKK:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum