GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Standings!

+13
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
Riprock
SensHulk
stempniaksen
PKC
LeCaptain
wprager
sens4win
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:54 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the potential 5-10 teams are definitely hard to predict, but I like the Thrashers team as it's assembled now - and I think they have much better goaltending in Mason and Pavelec (sp) than TB does in Ellis/Smith. Forwards should be TB, D is Atlanta IMO with Bogo spearheading a nice group.

Gonna be a dogfight - and I'm not naive enough to think the Sens will waltz easily into a playoff spot - although I truly believe they will make it.

77Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Amnesia021

Rookie
Rookie

East:
1. Boston
2. Washington
3. New Jersey
4. Pittsburgh
5. Ottawa
6. Buffalo
7. New York
8. Atlanta

West:
1. Vancouver
2. San Jose
3. Detroit
4. Chicago
5. Calgary
6. Colorado
7. Nashville
8. Anaheim

78Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:36 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

1. Washington
2. New Jersey
3. Boston
4. Pittsburgh
5. Philly
6. Ottawa
7. New York
8. Atlanta

Ok, so I have Ottawa lower than alot of you guys. But I think some people have things to prove. Although like I said before, IF Kovalev can be healthy and fight for a contract, Spezza and LeClaire can continue how they ended last season, if some of the younger guys can work hard (Foligno, Regin, Karlsson) and improve on last years numbers we will be a KILLER team. But those are too many ifs to make me put Sens THAT high right now.

One thing going for the sens, IMO, is the way the players work together and the lack of drama going on. The team last year may have gotten worse on paper with the loss of Heatley, but they lost the drama, and ALL played as a team, really working hard, and I am loving the work ethic of the players we have. If they can all work and be to the best of their ability, we could have a kick Donkey team!

79Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Spezza - 35 goals
Alfie - 34
Michalek- 31
Regin - 28
Kovalev - 25
Fisher - 23
Kelly - 21
Foligno - 19

Regin's gonna jump to 28 goals now? I hope so but it's premature to think he will evebn eclipse 20. Same for Michalek.

You don't think Michalek cracks 20 goals? What are you basing that on? The last time Michalek scored less than 20 goals was in 05/06 when he hit 17.

- Unknown Author

80Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm

[quote="Cap'n Clutch"]
Big Ev wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Spezza - 35 goals
Alfie - 34
Michalek- 31
Regin - 28
Kovalev - 25
Fisher - 23
Kelly - 21
Foligno - 19

Regin's gonna jump to 28 goals now? I hope so but it's premature to think he will evebn eclipse 20. Same for Michalek.

Boy am I way off right now!

81Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:Boy am I way off right now!

Give it some time, this team is just starting to gel offensively.

82Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Regin still won't get 28 goals lol.

83Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:One of my favourite things to do before the season starts. I failed miserably when I predicted the West last season so I won't bother this time and stick with the Eastern Conference.

EAST

WAS
PIT
OTT - I know it's a bold statement but I see Gonchar making a big difference along with other things of course.
PHI
NJD
BOS
BUF
MON
---------
NYR
TAM
ATL
TOR
NYI
FLA
CAR

I feel shame for my BOLD prediction. As for the rest of it.

See below as of this morning:

Philly in first - I had 4th
Boston in second - I had 6th
Tampa in third?? - I had 10th
Pittsburgh in 4th - I had 2nd
Washington in 5th - I had 1st
Montreal in 6th - I had 8th
Rangers in 7th - I had 9th
Atlanta in 8th - I had 11th
Carolina in 9th - I had 15th
Florida in 10th - I had 14th
Buffalo in 11th - I had 7th
Toronto in 12th - I had 12th HappyDance1 Dancing
Ottawa in 13th - I had 3rd. Facepalm .
Islanders in 14th - I had 13th
New Jersey in 15th - I had 5th - OUCH!?

84Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:The only thing I am sure of in the West is who is finishing last. That would be the Minneosta Wild. The only thing they will be competing for is the first overall pick in next year's draft. They have a ton of overpaid players, and Backstrom is no longer the Backstrom of old.

Are you still sure? Wink

85Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 am

Big Ev wrote:Regin still won't get 28 goals lol.

I think you are right. He'll be lucky to get 1/7 of that total.

Laugh1

86Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Guest wrote:

Spezza - 35 goals
Alfie - 34
Michalek- 31
Regin - 28
Kovalev - 25
Fisher - 23
Kelly - 21
Foligno - 19

Well it looks like you'll be right about Fisher as he currently on pace for 22 goals. Spezza, Alfie, Michalek, Regin and Kovalev definitely won't. Kelly is on pace for 16 so it's still do-able but doubtful. Foligno is on pace for 12 but he has picked up his scoring significantly so it's not out of the realm of possibility either.

87Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Regin still won't get 28 goals lol.

I think you are right. He'll be lucky to get 1/7 of that total.

Laugh1

He might ... but only if he clears waivers.

88Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Regin is on pace for 1 goal and 17 assists... he currently has 1 goal and 10 assists.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4764

Damn.

89Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:52 pm

shabbs wrote:Regin is on pace for 1 goal and 17 assists... he currently has 1 goal and 10 assists.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4764

Damn.

Won't even get that if he's in the pressbox either. He's got to somehow generate some scoring when he draws back in.

90Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
OTT - I know it's a bold statement but I see Gonchar making a big difference along with other things of course.

Perhaps he did make a big difference only not in helping, but hurting the mighty Sens?

more to come

91Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I predict the Sens will suck.

Hey... look at that.

92Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I predict the Sens will suck.

Hey... look at that.

Now that is

Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 40810710

93Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Empty Re: Predict the Standings! Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:I predict the Sens will suck.

Hey... look at that.

Now that is

Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 40810710
Bold baby!

Predict the Standings!   - Page 6 Bold9700Launch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum