GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years

+12
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
asq2
Hoags
shabbs
SDH89
SensHulk
dennycrane
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Foligno's gotta improve his defensive game if he wants to stick around in Ottawa for the long haul. If he adapts a mike fisher style, and he's already a hard-nosed winger, I think he becomes that much more valuable to the team. Then you say 'Adios' to Fisher in 3 seasons.

He began as kind of a defensive liability, but I think he improved 10 fold in the last season (60 games).

I agree, he improved his defensive game, but there's still some room for improvement. Plus, I'd like him to be able kill penalties.

32CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:24 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Foligno's good defensively, as I recall he was most impressive up until he broke his leg which he did blocking a shot nicely.

He could be a good solid 2-way responsible player, he's still young.

Regin's just much more offensively talented and fun to watch. I think he has more upside, he'll make highlight reels for sure.

33CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:42 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

still no word on this signing.....hmmmmm

34CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:It's confirmed by SensChirp, it's legit. That's good, he's doing well again.
Has he confirmed the dollars? Is anyone else confirming this?

35CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:It's confirmed by SensChirp, it's legit. That's good, he's doing well again.

Ithink he confirmed the $$s as well, yeah. It was supposed to be done by now though. Ohnoes!

36CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Ithink he confirmed the $$s as well, yeah. It was supposed to be done by now though. Ohnoes!
Would be nice to see a presser from the Sens... unless this is part of a sign and trade... for Savard....................

Ahhhhh!

37CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

let's get Savard already! haha I have a feeling that deal would blow up in our face...no matter how awesome it sounds to have him.

Anyways, Foligno talked about his contract and said he's close. As per Don 'the biatch' Brennan:

Foligno, a restricted free agent,
hopes to get a deal done with the Senators soon. It appears all that
needs settling is term. “We’re just talking right now, but I think it’s
close to being finalized,” he said. “I love playing in Ottawa. I hope
things work out. It’s about finding the right amount of time that will
allow me to become the player I know I can be.” ...

38CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:let's get Savard already! haha I have a feeling that deal would blow up in our face...no matter how awesome it sounds to have him.

Anyways, Foligno talked about his contract and said he's close. As per Don 'the biatch' Brennan:

When is that quote from?

39CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:let's get Savard already! haha I have a feeling that deal would blow up in our face...no matter how awesome it sounds to have him.

When is that quote from?

Yesterday, from Spezza's golf tourney

In fact: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/07/20/14779321.html

40CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like SensChirp jumped the gun... if we are to believe The Biatch. Wink

41CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Looks like SensChirp jumped the gun... if we are to believe The Biatch. Wink

haha I hate the biatch so I'm always hoping he's wrong. But its entirely possible that the term is still being discussed as Foligno says. Or for some odd reason, its posturing. Like how we all knew the sens had signed Roman Wick but then didn't make it official until like last week or something.

42CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who knows... I guess we'll have to wait for official word... as always...

43CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay, Perron gets 2.2, so Foligno takes the 1.2 and he should be happy about it.

44CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Perron got $2.15M/year.

Wink

2-year, $4.3M contract.

45CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Finally announced:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534751

46CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice, official finally.

47CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Nice. My faith in Chirp has been restored...and that dude from HF boards

48CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 3 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now that this is no longer a rumour, what would be a good word to describe the status of this matter?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum