GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years

+12
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
asq2
Hoags
shabbs
SDH89
SensHulk
dennycrane
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:15 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Foligno is two years younger than Regin. How can he possibly be dead to people?

17CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Foligno's kind of dead to me, Regin appears way more talented.

Time will tell of course, he's a good hard working player.

Foligno doesn't possess the slick skill set of Regin, but he's a nice, big, strong power forward who already has a 17 goal season under his belt and has a fantastic attitude. Granted, he's the easiest piece to trade because of his age, salary etc., but I have a feeling people will be surprised by him this upcoming season.

I've always liked Foligno, he has a lot of heart, and he doesn't back down. His shot could be better, but he tries as hard as anybody, and doesn't back down from board battles. He's runs the cycle perfectly, because he will go into the dirty areas, and does get chances and creates chances because of it.

And with his salary, there really is no point in trading him in my opinion. If his cap hit really is 1.2, that is superb. He will have a rebound season, and as you say he has a 17 goal season under his belt. We can't afford to have too many other high priced forwards, which is why he should not be traded. No he's not a top 6 yet, but he's also not payed like one.

Best of all, he's a player that doesn't complain or pout if he's only out there for a couple minutes; those couple minutes he'll hit some guys and make himself known. He's a really good team player. Look at him after goals on either side, he'll be one of the happiest guys when someone else scores. He talks to everyone on the bench, he seems very well liked. I'll be ecstatic if I see his number 71 skating for us on opening day with a 1.2 million dollar cap hit.

18CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:28 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Foligno's gotta improve his defensive game if he wants to stick around in Ottawa for the long haul. If he adapts a mike fisher style, and he's already a hard-nosed winger, I think he becomes that much more valuable to the team. Then you say 'Adios' to Fisher in 3 seasons.

19CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Foligno at a 1.2M cap hit is about right. 3rd line money for a 3rd line player. Hopefully we get Campoli for about 1M. Regin has proven nothing stats wise, so I will be pissed if he makes anything over 1M, unless it's a 4-5 year deal.

20CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:36 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Foligno's gotta improve his defensive game if he wants to stick around in Ottawa for the long haul. If he adapts a mike fisher style, and he's already a hard-nosed winger, I think he becomes that much more valuable to the team. Then you say 'Adios' to Fisher in 3 seasons.

I thought he was pretty darn responsible defensively.

21CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Foligno's gotta improve his defensive game if he wants to stick around in Ottawa for the long haul. If he adapts a mike fisher style, and he's already a hard-nosed winger, I think he becomes that much more valuable to the team. Then you say 'Adios' to Fisher in 3 seasons.

He began as kind of a defensive liability, but I think he improved 10 fold in the last season (60 games).

22CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:Still wouldn't be shocked to see a sign and trade. Just have that feeling...

I can't see how, for what exactly? There's practically no reason to trade Foligno. Can't find one.

23CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:That's a good number for Foligno if true. BTW, Where are you getting the numbers from?

There was a guy on HF who had nailed like...99% of college signings, FA signings etc. He destroyed his reputation by claiming Spezza had been traded - because he came back the next day and said it was a 'joke' to 'open people's eyes'. A lot of people wrote off this guy as a source, but the mods over there say that he's back to not BSing.

He provided the numbers and another guy at HF who I trust PMed me to tell me he heard the same, then SensChirp posted that he heard the same.

0.875, then 1.5. One really, really low number and one market value number, with the average being perfectly market value IMO.

Logic says, someone who has a good reputation, makes a bad joke and takes tomatoes thrown onto his face, wouldn't make a 2nd bad joke.

Last edited by marakh on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

24CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Foligno is two years younger than Regin. How can he possibly be dead to people?

Don't you know, Hockey fans can only store 6 months of memories CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 159628

25CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Logic says, someone who has a good reputation, makes a bad joke and takes tomatoes thrown onto his face, wouldn't make a 2nd bad joke.

And I say: re-earn your reputation.

26CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

We'll see in a few hours I guess.

27CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's confirmed by SensChirp, it's legit. That's good, he's doing well again.

28CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cool. Regin should come tumbling after and then Campoli.

- Unknown Author

29CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 am

I wonder what Regin gets. I'm guessing the same as Foligno?

30CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Cool. Regin should come tumbling after and then Campoli.

Foligno is not eligible for arbitration; Regin is. The situation is different so I don't think Foligno signing has much effect on Regin (or, I should say -- Foligno's *contract* will not have that much effect on Regin's).

31CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Foligno's gotta improve his defensive game if he wants to stick around in Ottawa for the long haul. If he adapts a mike fisher style, and he's already a hard-nosed winger, I think he becomes that much more valuable to the team. Then you say 'Adios' to Fisher in 3 seasons.

He began as kind of a defensive liability, but I think he improved 10 fold in the last season (60 games).

I agree, he improved his defensive game, but there's still some room for improvement. Plus, I'd like him to be able kill penalties.

32CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:24 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno's good defensively, as I recall he was most impressive up until he broke his leg which he did blocking a shot nicely.

He could be a good solid 2-way responsible player, he's still young.

Regin's just much more offensively talented and fun to watch. I think he has more upside, he'll make highlight reels for sure.

33CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years - Page 2 Empty Re: CONFIRMED!: Foligno signs 2 years Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:42 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

still no word on this signing.....hmmmmm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum